Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Is RussiaGhazi the new Brietbart obfuscation word? Buttery males needing false equivalencies to lighten the load on the enormous crimes they support, like voting for rapists. Weird you say it's no big deal your party committed federal crimes then have to deny committing federal crimes once you learn it's a big deal.
    Wouldn't know, I'm not in the habit of reading Brietbart.

As for false equivalence, no, I'm using historical precedent to argue the OP is being overly dramatic. I get it if you are a dejected Hillary voter, struggling to understand the defeat of Her Radiance by a mean internet troll, truly I understand you must be sad and angry that things didn't pan out as you expected.

As for my party? I've never registered with a political party. Everything else you say, I get it, Hillary lost and you are not dealing with it in a good way. Try Yoga.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Except when that class, the media, is corrupt as hell.
    Also all classes in America are literate, but yes there is a ruling class that vociferously wanted Hillary. They are very upset by the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Corruption" means jack shit in this context. It's a function of who is writing the history, and the fact Trump is despised by both the media and the intellectual classes is, historically speaking, the best way to engender negative impressions of a regime in hindsight. The literate classes can be corrupt as all hell but it doesn't change the fact they have somewhat of a monopoly of history.
    It doesn't help that you can easily see that 40-50 years in the future his policies will be viewed as heavily immoral by the majority of the populace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

As for false equivalence, no, I'm using historical precedent to argue the OP is being overly dramatic. I get it if you are a dejected Hillary voter, struggling to understand the defeat of Her Radiance by a mean internet troll, truly I understand you must be sad and angry that things didn't pan out as you expected.

As for my party? I've never registered with a political party. Everything else you say, I get it, Hillary lost and you are not dealing with it in a good way. Try Yoga.
    The only one still talking about Hillary Clinton is, oddly enough, you. That you have to keep bringing her up in a discussion of Trump and his failings is demonstrative of how indefensible his regime actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also all classes in America are literate, but yes there is a ruling class that vociferously wanted Hillary. They are very upset by the results.
    Most Americans aren't interested in history let alone writing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't help that you can easily see that 40-50 years in the future his policies will be viewed as heavily immoral by the majority of the populace.
    Are you an Oracle? Do you possess supernatural powers?

I mean I've read tarot cards before but never got such a crystal clear answer, could you tell me your secrets of divination?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

- - - Updated - - -

You have all Republican positions, only vote Republican, and are deeply uneducated? Republican, no matter how you lie otherwise.

Abandoned how you fucked up admitting to collusion, huh. Probably for the best since you inadvertently embarrassed yourself by admitting to voting for criminal actors. Makes your attempted deflections rather desperate looking when you're exposed as being so immoral.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you an Oracle? Do you possess supernatural powers?

I mean I've read tarot cards before but never got such a crystal clear answer, could you tell me your secrets of divination?
    Trump is absurdly unpopular with young voters and growing demographics. Easy if you're not Trump voter levels of dumb to understand basic demographic trends.

Deleted
    An insignificant stain on the shirt of a serial killer whose house decor is made from skin, and walls painted in blood. So an insignificant stain that no sane person would notice unless they consider the serial killer to be nice and normal otherwise save for his sloppy eating and bad manners.
    Doesn't make it less of a stain

I think his presidency could be a good thing in the long run. An innoculation of sorts, like @Skroe said once in a thread iirc.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have all Republican positions, only vote Republican, and are deeply uneducated? Republican, no matter how you lie otherwise.

Abandoned how you fucked up admitting to collusion, huh. Probably for the best since you inadvertently embarrassed yourself by admitting to voting for criminal actors. Makes your attempted deflections rather desperate looking when you're exposed as being so immoral.
    I vote Republican? I have Republican positions? All of them? My MA in History and Linguistics and TESL certification also suggests otherwise about education. Perhaps you are not a master of divination after all.

I mean I've pretty much written off the Free Marketeers as idiots and have consistently been a harsh critic of Capitalism. Heck in this thread I've recalled America's sins such as the genocide of the Native Americans or slavery without flinching (A thing I think no Republican would do), Elsewhere I've been pretty big on Green issues, especially America's role a consummate polluter and consumer of the worlds resources and also am fairly critical of America's many atrocities during the Cold War. None of that I believe is particularly Republican. At least not the caricature you are trying to present.

Yes I suspect you might not have the power of divination and prophecy after all.

Your argument that I am just some standard Republican bugaboo isn't even backed by my own words in this thread. Heck, would any loyal republican criticize America's actions in the Cold War? Or even be aware of our actions in Panama, Nicaragua, Guatemala? Come to think of it, do many Republicans wax on about America's horrible treatment of the Native Americans? Usually Republicans justify it as an acceptable loss for the "Glory of America to be Born". And they for sure never mention Slavery accept as an aberration we "Overcame" or whatever.

Yes, I dare say the only one making a foolish post might be you, after all it seems you are arguing against a scarecrow. I am also sincerely disappointed because I had hoped you did possess true powers of divination so I might learn them from you. But I guess you might just be another madman. Such a shame.

Namaste. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't make it less of a stain
    It makes it seem like you are being a bit overly dramatic in pointing THAT out. Like you walk into a torture hell house filled with mutilated bodies and blood and entrails on the walls and the first thing you spot is a ketchup stain on a shirt so stained in blood it appears red.

I vote Republican? I have Republican positions? All of them? My MA in History and Linguistics and TESL certification also suggests otherwise about education. Perhaps you are not a master of divination after all.

I mean I've pretty much written off the Free Marketeers as idiots and have consistently been a harsh critic of Capitalism. Heck in this thread I've recalled America's sins such as the genocide of the Native Americans or slavery without flinching (A thing I think no Republican would do), Elsewhere I've been pretty big on Green issues, especially America's role a consummate polluter and consumer of the worlds resources and also am fairly critical of America's many atrocities during the Cold War. None of that I believe is particularly Republican. At least not the caricature you are trying to present.

Yes I suspect you might not have the power of divination and prophecy after all.

Your argument that I am just some standard Republican bugaboo isn't even backed by my own words in this thread. Heck, would any loyal republican criticize America's actions in the Cold War? Or even be aware of our actions in Panama, Nicaragua, Guatemala? Come to think of it, do many Republicans wax on about America's horrible treatment of the Native Americans? Usually Republicans justify it as an acceptable loss for the "Glory of America to be Born". And they for sure never mention Slavery accept as an aberration we "Overcame" or whatever.

Yes, I dare say the only one making a foolish post might be you, after all it seems you are arguing against a scarecrow. I am also sincerely disappointed because I had hoped you did possess true powers of divination so I might learn them from you. But I guess you might just be another madman. Such a shame.

Namaste. :3

- - - Updated - - -

It makes it seem like you are being a bit overly dramatic in pointing THAT out. Like you walk into a torture hell house filled with mutilated bodies and blood and entrails on the walls and the first thing you spot is a ketchup stain on a shirt so stained in blood it appears red.
    Gets caught supporting federal crimes against US citizens, goes on unrelated rant to obfuscate. Thanks for proving me right in so many words.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Don't bother. Republicans have been on this revisionist history kick for the past few years where they suddenly decide to paint FDR as some horrible president.
    Imagine if Trump presided over a depression for 10+ years. Imagine if Trump tried to just add 2 justices to SCOTUS. Imagine if Trump was friendly with Josef Stalin. Imagine if Trump imprisoned people based on nationality in internment camps. If all of those things were true you might have an argument against Trump.

Deleted
    What are you talking about?

I am asking if Trump will be a stain. It's irrelevant if America has worst stains because I am not suggesting Trump is worst than those...

7+ Year Old Account
    Gets caught supporting federal crimes against US citizens, goes on unrelated rant to obfuscate. Thanks for proving me right in so many words.
    I wouldn't say its unrelated, you leveled some pretty serious charges without much proof. Is this because you and I don't agree?

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about?

I am asking if Trump will be a stain. It's irrelevant if America has worst stains because I am not suggesting Trump is worst than those...
    America has stains so bad that it would be impossible to notice if America is stained by Trump or not.

I wouldn't say its unrelated, you leveled some pretty serious charges without much proof. Is this because you and I don't agree?

- - - Updated - - -

America has stains so bad that it would be impossible to notice if America is stained by Trump or not.
    Being called a Republican because you use Republican talking points and have views held by only staunch conservatives isn't much proof huh? I get it, you're ashamed of your party as it voted for a rapist and is the willful puppet of a foreign power, but don't lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Imagine if Trump presided over a depression for 10+ years. Imagine if Trump tried to just add 2 justices to SCOTUS. Imagine if Trump was friendly with Josef Stalin. Imagine if Trump imprisoned people based on nationality in internment camps. If all of those things were true you might have an argument against Trump.
    Franklin didn't cause the Depression, he responded to it by creating jobs. Franklin made friends with Stalin out of necessity (there was this thing called "World War II".)

And no, no one can excuse the Japanese internment camps. So I guess I can give you one of those.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Being called a Republican because you use Republican talking points and have views held by only staunch conservatives isn't much proof huh? I get it, you're ashamed of your party as it voted for a rapist and is the willful puppet of a foreign power, but don't lie.
    And yet you cannot name any Republican talking points I've used? Whilst I can point out the opposite is true since I've said things no Republican would say.

I kinda get the feeling there isn't much use in talking to you. *le sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Which says a lot about the United States since FDR was by and far one of if not the best administrator this country has seen in that office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Impossible no? If you look into Presidential history of America he may very well be up there

And yet you cannot name any Republican talking points I've used? Whilst I can point out the opposite is true since I've said things no Republican would say.

I kinda get the feeling there isn't much use in talking to you. *le sigh*
    Many republicans are disillusioned with capitalism. It's called populism. Populism is part of conservatism. If that was your evidence, you contradicted yourself via your ignorance.

Your talking points on Trump and the election are exactly what Brietbbart tells its readers, including your specific terms like RussiaGhazi. Evidence isn't a strong point with buttery males though. Especially the ones who favor federal crimes being permissible. Sorry bro, stop embarrassing yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Impossible no? If you look into Presidential history of America he may very well be up there
    Considering an important aspect of your question is "on American History?" I am looking at it in the sum total of American history.

I suppose I interpret that to be an important qualifier. Considering even presidential history, we have had significantly more horrific presidents whose deeds were more chilling and terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump's contribution will be looked at like any other. Check the macro measurements over multiple years to see if they get better or worse. Ultimately you have to measure progress beyond subjective tribal feelings.