Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Why is this so bad? If someone can't even be arsed to play the few story quests, i don't want him/her in my PUG anyways. If you don't want to progress your char then why would you even WANT to PUG raid?
    Wow, well done going that far with what I wrote as merely a joke. Its silly requirement in pugs already. 930 and curve for normal ToS exist. Its funny Have not seen NLC yet though, hence the inbe4.

I pug alot of raiding btw, and have no problem passing these silly requirements if that makes it better for the argument(wich there isn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    I was a bit bored and wrote a special api request page just for your concern. Its uglyness is only surpassed by its slowness. Enjoy!

> click me <

Change region (eu/na), realm name, guild name and the guild rank to your needs.
    nice work on making something. I think it got hugged to death
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Or just don't try so hard to be something you're not. Until Antorus comes out, the crucible technically counts as 'overgearing' when it comes to raids. You don't need the crucible to do a raid that came out 3 months before it did.
    If you are saying it would be irrelevant to know who is completely lazy and won't do the slightest bit of work to improve themselves for the better of the raid, then I am going to go out on a limb and say you have never led a raid.

Unless you're in one of the few guilds that's cleared mythic KJ, then you're not as far as you want to be. And the crucible helps to get further. It's really not rocket science to understand why raid leaders would want people to spend the few hours to unlock the crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Or just don't try so hard to be something you're not. Until Antorus comes out, the crucible technically counts as 'overgearing' when it comes to raids. You don't need the crucible to do a raid that came out 3 months before it did.
    Crucible is a nerf to ToS that many guilds will need to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    just inspect them. There is 0 reason why anyone should not have 910 relics in their weapons

If their weapon is 945+ they used the crucible
    My weapon is 958 and I have barely stepped foot onto Argus.. >.> So no, this is not a good way to check this.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    We had a raider that hadn't even been to argus yet after 3 weeks of it being out.
    We just had to bench somebody over this. There was more too it, but they have pretty much started to only let the raid carry any progression their character made. It quickly can create a toxic environment for the other 19+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Sadly, no. Was 3-4 mythic raiders who all claimed they'd done it but nothing added up. Same folks who said doing WQ was a waste of time and getting past rank 1 Concordance was worthless. They've now been sat out as of two nights ago. They want to raid, put in the little bit of work into helping the group. The link only confirmed (and found) the few we knew about and one who'd been trying to stay out of view.

And going by the whole "weapon at 945" isn't exactly telling of who and who does not have crucibles unlocked =P
    The endless character progression in Legion has taken it's toll on a lot of people. Previously there was a clear line of completion to get a character to. Once you did that you could play the game however you wanted and still be raid ready. The downtime in Legion is much more busy, mix in very good rewards from easier or quicker portions of the game via mythic + caches and titanforging and people are giving up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    We just had to bench somebody over this. There was more too it, but they have pretty much started to only let the raid carry any progression their character made. It quickly can create a toxic environment for the other 19+.
    Tbh if you let 1 guy slack, you're encouraging the rest to slack too, because why not if that guy isn't punished, moreover, he's being carried by the people who put effort, bring flask, enchant their gear, grind the artifact rank and whatnot. It demoralizes the guild.

Unless you raid normal with "everyone's allowed" policy and no flask, food, enchant or whatever other requirement.

I'm personally not a fan of "grind your ass off" design and raid leaders standing with whip over people, but if you raid mythic, or even clear heroic pre-nerf, you probably need to set some bare minumum requirements for raiders so everything doesn't go to toilet.

I was in such a guild, they were already in mythic but raid leader let people be late to raids (18-19 people standing idle for 30min to 1h waiting for the latecomers, and they weren't replaced or benched), brought in freshly dinged green geared alts of his friends so the raiders can boost them for free, gave them loot over raiders, let some friends of his raid with 47 traits while the rest of the group was way past concordance and so forth. I left, because this seriously isn't my sense of fun.

Raiding is supposed to be a team effort everyone pulling their weight. Hate situations when some people are exempt from rules (for example for being friends / family of gm). In most guilds I've been in raid leaders / gms were mostly fair to people, but there are always few bad apples.

I depends how "hardcore" is OP's guild and what content are they raiding but things like 7.2 empowered traits or now +15 ilvls from crucible are a bigger buff than having your rings enchanted and I doubt many guilds let people run around with no enchants in raids.

Deleted
    Crucible doesn't take long to unlock. It's understandable if you can't do it on the day the patch comes out (if you have a busy schedule etc) but most people will have some downtime during the week to do it. So a reasonable expectation would be to get the Crucible unlocked sometime in the first week, barring extentuating circumstances such as someone being on vacation that week or some IRL emergency. If it's week 3 and you still haven't gotten around to it, then that's harder to excuse and the logic of "well guilds managed to clear this without Crucible so why should I get it?" doesn't hold water. You do whatever you can to improve your character to increase your raid's chance of success.

It'll depend on what your guild is like but in a typical Mythic guild if you haven't unlocked it because you're too lazy or unwilling then yes you should be benched or replaced.