Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The whole point of the order halls is that there is 0 alliance and 0 horde helping in the fight, we are members of 12 other factions banding together

Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Just happy to see an expac that doesn't focus itself around the Horde, Horde leaders, or horde races. I had enough of the Horde in Cata, MoP, and WoD. Even Legion with another power hungry ORC. Horde can just chill til 8.0 in my book.
    iron horde and fel horde =/= the horde
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    orcs from the past and their warchiefs are literally the same as current orcs and its former warchief = horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Just happy to see an expac that doesn't focus itself around the Horde, Horde leaders, or horde races. I had enough of the Horde in Cata, MoP, and WoD. Even Legion with another power hungry ORC. Horde can just chill til 8.0 in my book.
    This all of this please. So sick of Horde this and that. Cata MoP WoD etc its nice to finally see an Alliance side of the story. I mean they blew up our King after we just got him back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    Yeah, but look at it from the other side. If it had been Jaina instead of Thrall in Cata, it would favor the Alliance. Had Varian been corrupted in MoP and the seige was in Stormwind, it would favor the Alliance. Had it taken place on a human planet and not Draenor, WoD would have had tons of humans instead of orcs and would have been in favor of the Alliance.

My statement merely illustrated that every expac since Wrath and until Legion has been all about the Horde, regardless of WHICH horde. I'm glad legion favors the Alliance a bit more. Arthas was the last Alliance big shot, and now Illidan is back. Next expac, rumored to be South seas should be fairly balanced between Alliance and horde since most pirates are Humans, Dwarves, Tauren, and Goblins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Proud head piker from Orgrimmar here. I agree, its nice change.
    Good to know I am not the only Alliance fan on the site While I understand a player being upset that their faction is hardly participating, I just feel like Cata, MoP, and WoD all favored the Horde in terms of Lore and quality character development. While Yrel had a great story... it went nowhere. Now at least the Alliance gets the (pardon the pun) "lion's share" of the lore and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Like seriously... The fighting elite of Azeroth has managed to establish an outpost near the enemy's capital, they struggle to defend it available neverending swarm of demons. Turalyon and Alleria, both well-known members of the Alliance, are in charge of the military operations. Velen is at the forefront, and the Light-aligned Naaru are lying nearby.

But WTF is wrong with the Horde leaders? They seem to be OK with chilling each one in their respective capitals, including the freaking Warchief Sylvanas. All of them don't even say a word about what's taking place on Argus, and seem to not give a flying $#@& either.

I don't know how is the story from Alliance's side like, but Tyrande, Malfie, and even Anduin are MIA as well. Hopefully this will be fixed come 7.3.5 because until now, it looks really facepalm-worthy.
    Like I said somewhere else:

"Alliance is not really in this patch either, but I do understand the complain: Kirin Tor is neutral but Alliance-flavored; Draenei and Velen are there as neutrals but they are Alliance characters; Vereesa and Arator get attention and they are Alliance; Turalyon and Alleria were Alliance and may still be. Only Liadrin and Aethas are representing the Horde (and maybe Sylgrin?), and they do not get much attention, which is a pity.

Blizzard should make Eitrigg and some suicide veteran orc squad go with us. Some old warriors that were corrupted in the past, are old enought to have fought in the Horde and now want to die fighting the demons as payback. Put those orcs fighting side-by-side with the Army of the Light, just hacking demons and screaming and such. Would feel badass, even if there wouldn't be a lot of substance."

-----

And, well, my opinion is that most forces in Azeroth are still fighting the Legion in Azeroth. We may not see it, but all those Legion ships in the sky are probably heading here. We have an elite Draenei force plus the Army of the Light trying to destroy Antorus, while the rest of Alliance, Horde & Neutrals are fighting off demons here.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

And, well, my opinion is that most forces in Azeroth are still fighting the Legion in Azeroth. We may not see it, but all those Legion ships in the sky are probably heading here. We have an elite Draenei force plus the Army of the Light trying to destroy Antorus, while the rest of Alliance, Horde & Neutrals are fighting off demons here.
    I was just thinking about this today. Wow expansions centered too much in the expansions themselves and the different new territories, instead of updating all the content to some degree and opening up to develop more stories meanwhile the main plot happens. Doing the first ended with stories suddenly ending with no closure. Think about wrathion, bolvar (now it's getting some more focus), the dragonflights (specially bronze and infinite). The only time the focus shifts out of the expansion in in the prepatches to introduce a new one.

I guess since Cata there where some intents on doing the later, but those where really minimal in comparison, and only needed to trigger further focus in the expansion (e.g. theramore, etc). Maybe if inbetween they developed a little more about horde leaders, a little more about sylvanas doings, a little more about genn and anduin, or I don't know, whatever is happening in the whole world aside from argus, things would be so much different and immersive. Class halls took a little step in the right direction, but they are stillheavily centered on our characters and perhaps they needed to open up more.

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaikar View Post
    This all of this please. So sick of Horde this and that. Cata MoP WoD etc its nice to finally see an Alliance side of the story. I mean they blew up our King after we just got him back.
    Just got him back? Varian has been back for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know I am not the only Alliance fan on the site While I understand a player being upset that their faction is hardly participating, I just feel like Cata, MoP, and WoD all favored the Horde in terms of Lore and quality character development. While Yrel had a great story... it went nowhere. Now at least the Alliance gets the (pardon the pun) "lion's share" of the lore and story.
    I know we're not going to see eye to eye from last time we talked about favorisum, im just wondering who do you think got a lot of development on the horde side in mop? We had a lot of aduin and some varian but I can't think of any horde characters who really developed at all in mop other then making garrosh crazy evil for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

"Alliance is not really in this patch either, but I do understand the complain: Kirin Tor is neutral but Alliance-flavored; Draenei and Velen are there as neutrals but they are Alliance characters; Vereesa and Arator get attention and they are Alliance; Turalyon and Alleria were Alliance and may still be. Only Liadrin and Aethas are representing the Horde (and maybe Sylgrin?), and they do not get much attention, which is a pity.

Blizzard should make Eitrigg and some suicide veteran orc squad go with us. Some old warriors that were corrupted in the past, are old enought to have fought in the Horde and now want to die fighting the demons as payback. Put those orcs fighting side-by-side with the Army of the Light, just hacking demons and screaming and such. Would feel badass, even if there wouldn't be a lot of substance."

-----

I really wouldn't call laiadrin part of the horde in this case I mean sure she's a horde member but she's loyal to velan because of what happens at the sun well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My personal favourite moment was being a Blood Elf in the Hunters lodge and having to do quests for Vereesa, let alone even being in the same room. Realistically I should have executed her and done both factions a favour.
    How about Horde shaman having to go buddy-buddy with Magatha?

Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    How about Horde shaman having to go buddy-buddy with Magatha?
    I was gonna say something about warlocks but we always do shaddy stuff and betray each other, so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Like seriously... The fighting elite of Azeroth has managed to establish an outpost near the enemy's capital, they struggle to defend it available neverending swarm of demons. Turalyon and Alleria, both well-known members of the Alliance, are in charge of the military operations. Velen is at the forefront, and the Light-aligned Naaru are lying nearby.

But WTF is wrong with the Horde leaders? They seem to be OK with chilling each one in their respective capitals, including the freaking Warchief Sylvanas. All of them don't even say a word about what's taking place on Argus, and seem to not give a flying $#@& either.

I don't know how is the story from Alliance's side like, but Tyrande, Malfie, and even Anduin are MIA as well. Hopefully this will be fixed come 7.3.5 because until now, it looks really facepalm-worthy.
    "Wwaaaa we lost Varian and orcs everywhere"is what happend.

Nobody gave a fck about Voljin, who been around since WC3. I hate this.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    With the retirement of Metzen, Horde favoritism has perished. LONG LIVE ALLIANCE ONLY STORY LINES! Except when they need a big bad to kill. I'm thinking Baine and the Council of Tauren. Gallywix in a giant Mech. Forest fight with Lor'themar with Aethas and Rommath providing magical backup. And of course you have Sylvanas as the final big bad of the expansion.

But what about the troll leader? What troll leader, the trolls have nothing! Hey what about Saurfang? He went to Pandaria with Ji Firepaw to get drunk and retire.
    two things.

1.) Can the horde version of that raid be a horde raid dropping into the middle of an Alliance mid-boss? Because I'd be cool with that.

2.) I actually sincerely hope that is exactly what Saurfang and Ji are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    two things.

1.) Can the horde version of that raid be a horde raid dropping into the middle of an Alliance mid-boss? Because I'd be cool with that.

2.) I actually sincerely hope that is exactly what Saurfang and Ji are doing.
    Isn't Saurfang in the Halls of Valour? I thought he was taken there in the Warrior Order Hall quest. He went back to the Broken Shore because he felt guilty for abandoning those who died there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I know we're not going to see eye to eye from last time we talked about favorisum, im just wondering who do you think got a lot of development on the horde side in mop? We had a lot of aduin and some varian but I can't think of any horde characters who really developed at all in mop other then making garrosh crazy evil for no reason.
    Aethas Sunreaver
    Grand Magister Rommath
    Halduron Brightwing
    Lor'themar Theron
    Vereesa Windrunner
    Sylvanas Windrunner
    Jastor Gallywix
    Thrall
    Garrosh Hellscream (obviously)
    Baine Bloodhoof
    Vol'jin

That covers the heavier hitters who got more than 5 minutes of facetime. This doesn't count the Kun-Lai Summit, Timeless Isle, and Townlong Steppes that were loaded with Taunka (Tauren) or the other two Isles that were loaded with Trolls. No Alliance races were represented in zones, and no... fish people and monkey people are not even close. Then the Vale was blown up by Garrosh, only after it was essentially strip mined by Goblins. Orgrimmar was a raid. There were Trolls who dropped mounts and pets. And most of the lore for these characters came with Landfall, SoO, and Warcrimes. This doesn't even cover Thrall stopping the alliance from sentencing Garrosh on the spot for everything he did.

You are correct. We probably won't see eye to eye on the Horde bias, at least not until this:

is replaced with this custom Varian Wrynn statue: (or something just as epic)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think 3 expansions filled with Horde main characters are enough to warrant at least 1 expansion with alliance spotlight.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Honestly it's not about the alliance at all imo. Alleria and Turalyon were missing and theyre been fighting so they are the army of the light. Velen is simply back to his homeworld. I don't get a single vibe of alliance in this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aethas Sunreaver
    Grand Magister Rommath
    Halduron Brightwing
    Lor'themar Theron
    Vereesa Windrunner
    Sylvanas Windrunner
    Jastor Gallywix
    Thrall
    Garrosh Hellscream (obviously)
    Baine Bloodhoof
    Vol'jin

That covers the heavier hitters who got more than 5 minutes of facetime. This doesn't count the Kun-Lai Summit, Timeless Isle, and Townlong Steppes that were loaded with Taunka (Tauren) or the other two Isles that were loaded with Trolls. No Alliance races were represented in zones, and no... fish people and monkey people are not even close. Then the Vale was blown up by Garrosh, only after it was essentially strip mined by Goblins. Orgrimmar was a raid. There were Trolls who dropped mounts and pets. And most of the lore for these characters came with Landfall, SoO, and Warcrimes. This doesn't even cover Thrall stopping the alliance from sentencing Garrosh on the spot for everything he did.

You are correct. We probably won't see eye to eye on the Horde bias, at least not until this:

is replaced with this custom Varian Wrynn statue: (or something just as epic)

hmm i guess your right i had forgot all about the elfs, though vereesa is alliance not horde.

but the Taunka are not horde and the zandalari are not horde,

over all id say it wasn't horde favored as Anduin had more screen time then garrosh did and varian moria tyranda and the gnome guy all showed up as well and probably more alliance characters i don't care about. mop was probably the most balanced expan of all of them really.

and thrall didn't stop any one from sentencing garrosh, varian stopped thrall form killing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Honestly it's not about the alliance at all imo. Alleria and Turalyon were missing and theyre been fighting so they are the army of the light. Velen is simply back to his homeworld. I don't get a single vibe of alliance in this.
    vereesa is the only alliance rep there id say no one else seems to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    and thrall didn't stop any one from sentencing garrosh, varian stopped thrall form killing him.
    Yeah, and yet Thrall still got the final word and the final kill. Robbing the Alliance of its punishment and retribution. He used the Mak'gora as an excuse to take it from those who should have punished him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and yet Thrall still got the final word and the final kill. Robbing the Alliance of its punishment and retribution. He used the Mak'gora as an excuse to take it from those who should have punished him.

should have? every one agreed to the trial as far as i'm concerned he was pardoned by the alliance as it was the outcome of the trial.