Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Right now, only Shadow Priest utilizes Void. I wish we get a new class that uses the Void and is more martial. For instance, a Void Ranger (Dark Ranger?) like Alleria is right now.
    Like this?

"Shadow Hunter" class. Uses mail armor, available to Trolls, Undead, Draenei and Night Elves. Maybe others, but these are the ones I could think of some explanation behind. The class visuals would be somewhat different for each race.

Specs:
    - Warden (Tank): Agility-based. Summons Spirit of Vengeance (a voidy version of yourself) to help soak damage, can Shadow-step to teleport to targets/allies, places wards that reduce damage taken by party, Fan of Knives summoning shadowy blades to AoE things. Simulates both classic night elf Warden and a melee Shadow Hunter.

- Dark Ranger (Ranged DPS): Agility-based, uses ranged weapons. Can both throw spells or use shadow-enhanced shots. Kinda like a hunter, but more spell-based. Can teleport around (like Blink), Black Arrow (summons voidy minion that varies by race: a night elf spirit, a voidy skeleton, voidy beast and so on), silence, mind control and so on. Would tackle some Priest of the Moon-like spells (color varies by race) so people can simulate both a Dark Ranger or a classic Priestess of the Moon with it.

- Witch Doctor (Healer): Intellect-based. Has Healing Ward and Serpent Ward, maybe some others, but not step too much into shaman territory. Big Bad Voodoo and other dark magic spiritual spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Like this?

"Shadow Hunter" class. Uses mail armor, available to Trolls, Undead, Draenei and Night Elves. Maybe others, but these are the ones I could think of some explanation behind. The class visuals would be somewhat different for each race.

Specs:
    - Warden (Tank): Agility-based. Summons Spirit of Vengeance (a voidy version of yourself) to help soak damage, can Shadow-step to teleport to targets/allies, places wards that reduce damage taken by party, Fan of Knives summoning shadowy blades to AoE things. Simulates both classic night elf Warden and a melee Shadow Hunter.

- Dark Ranger (Ranged DPS): Agility-based, uses ranged weapons. Can both throw spells or use shadow-enhanced shots. Kinda like a hunter, but more spell-based. Can teleport around (like Blink), Black Arrow (summons voidy minion that varies by race: a night elf spirit, a voidy skeleton, voidy beast and so on), silence, mind control and so on. Would tackle some Priest of the Moon-like spells (color varies by race) so people can simulate both a Dark Ranger or a classic Priestess of the Moon with it.

- Witch Doctor (Healer): Intellect-based. Has Healing Ward and Serpent Ward, maybe some others, but not step too much into shaman territory. Big Bad Voodoo and other dark magic spiritual spells.
    Having anything other than trolls having "Shadow Hunter" would make my blood boil. Like those Demon Hunters in Vault fo the Wardens or those Kurzen humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    So to placate the Alliance player's pleas for white-skinned playable elves... is to given them another blue-ish/purple tinted elf race.

Ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Like this?

Specs:

That's quite awful, to be blunt. It takes the most iconic Troll class, rapes it by incorporating Dark Ranger/Warden into it while leaving only "Witch Doctor" as actual Troll theme (the healing spec) even though Witch Doctors =/= Shadow Hunters. And seriously, Night Elves need no additional classes whatsoever for the time being, not after being one of the two only races that got a new one at this turn.

If Shadow Hunters are ever introduced in WoW they must reflect the Troll mythology and be a Troll-only thing Horde side. On the Alliance side you can add a class that works identical to Shadow Hunters in terms of gameplay and mechanics but that is called and looks drastically different, one fitting a particular Alliance race's theme.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-09-19 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    Having anything other than trolls having "Shadow Hunter" would make my blood boil. Like those Demon Hunters in Vault fo the Wardens or those Kurzen humans.
    Give any other name, then. But there will never be any class that is only available to a single race.
    The vodu-themed Shadow Hunter is troll-exclusive, but other races essentially doing the same thing with other names do not break that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's quite awful, to be blunt. It takes the most iconic Troll class, rapes it by incorporating Dark Ranger/Warden into it while leaving only "Witch Doctor" as actual Troll theme (the healing spec) even though Witch Doctors =/= Shadow Hunters. And seriously, Night Elves need no additional classes whatsoever for the time being, not after being one of the two only races that got a new one at this turn.

If Shadow Hunters are ever introduced in WoW they must reflect the Troll mythology and be a Troll-only thing Horde side. On the Alliance side you can add a class that works identical to Shadow Hunters in terms of gameplay and mechanics but that is called and looks drastically different, one fitting a particular Alliance race's theme.

BLIIZARD HAS SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO ADDING MORE DH RACES AFTER LEGION!

right now we have seen male draenei veng, and female havoc in 7.3........more then likly orc's would be for horde..........

will it be next expansion? hard to say........ but THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY working on it already......

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    BLIIZARD HAS SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO ADDING MORE DH RACES AFTER LEGION!
    Got a link? Never heard of that before.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Got a link? Never heard of that before.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=254655/d...ble-august-9th

Can we expect to see other races as Demon Hunters in the future?
    Right now it's Night Elves and Blood Elves due to the class fantasy with Illidan and WC3. No immediate plans. And limiting it to elves allowed for more customization (voiceover, appearances); adding races makes it more difficult to keep up with. Never say never though.

this is not the one i was talking about because i was thinking a few months ago vs this being a YEAR OLD, but they did say if they add more races it would be after legion due to class fantasy.

right now we got meta draenei demon hunters in argus patch as npc's........ *male veng and female havoc*

blizzard didn't make those models without planing to use them in the future.....

WE know from a lore stand point draenei and Orc's make the most likely candidates and because illidari

BLIZZARD HAS A HISTORY OF REUSING ART ASSETS AND PLANING AHEAD.

we already know from leaks and hints that next expansion will most likely be a RACE focus instead of class focus with character customizization at minimum being increased + MAYBE subraces

you can;t tell me this is preplanning draenei demon hunter because the model is perfect for it......

*male veng*
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2017-09-19 at 09:16 PM.

There will never be a race-only class. They'll stretch the concept to include different concepts into one. My idea was to create a void-based class, then give it reckognizable names and say clearly that its visuals vary by race. THat's the closest you'll ever get to a Shadow Hunter class. Doesn't mean it'll be named "Shadow Hunter".

Yes, this may be a new race or class for the next expansion.

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    New Alliance race : void High elves ?
    I hope not. They look like shit and I want actual High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Stop trying to make high elves happen, it's never going to happen.
    Yeah like Pandaren and Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Can someone explain me this obsession with high elves? Why don't you just play blood elves if you like elves so much?
    It's basically the same race, just different eyes or whatevs.
    Quite a lot people want to play blood elfs, but just want to stay on the Alliance.
    That's pretty much the only main reason really (though I personally can understand that).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I mean, what can it be though? I doubt we'll get more elves unless it's a sub race, but void elf doesn't sound like a class either.
    Maybe it's just npcs then? Their weapons are pretty cool either way :L

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Quite a lot people want to play blood elfs, but just want to stay on the Alliance.
    That's pretty much the only main reason really (though I personally can understand that).
    Although I find that reason pretty stupid, I guess everything is possible with Blizz.

If they want to flood both factions with same race because everyone wants to be pretty elf, I guess they can remove the factions altogether and go all in that nonsense.

I don't think that chart indicates a new race or a new class. All it's saying is that there will be multiple 'Void Elf' npcs. I'm guessing as part of some new Alleria-led faction. They don't even have any extra customization options. Granted, I would love to see playable High Elves (maybe based on Nozdormu's model), but this doesn't tell me there's any particular likelihood of that happening.

7+ Year Old Account
    #StoptheElves

Roll a night elf or a blood elf priest. Go shadow.
    There's your void elf.

We really don't need a new elf race. They are like orcs already. They are everywhere
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    Just because a single character does something that changes their appearance doesn't suddenly mean it's going to be a new race.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Just because a single character does something that changes their appearance doesn't suddenly mean it's going to be a new race.
    There are items in the game files labeled "Void Elf", and apparently a racial entry in the database of the same name. Which wouldn't be there if it was just going to be Alleria. Nothing about that implies it'll be a playable race, but it shows that Blizzard has at least started work on assets for a faction of Void Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I find that reason pretty stupid, I guess everything is possible with Blizz.

If they want to flood both factions with same race because everyone wants to be pretty elf, I guess they can remove the factions altogether and go all in that nonsense.
    Agreed. I mean, it's horseshit but at least it would be honest horseshit.

Yeah I mean at this point factions don't matter a lot anyways. So it wouldn't surprise me if blizz added... but then again, nowadays it doesn't make a lot of sense, as a player, to care about factions.