Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Well, I paraphrase Micheal Moore. "The Banks hate Trump, the Media Hates Trump, every institution that has worked in your ruin hates Trump and advocates for Hillary Clinton." Why would anyone trust someone backed by so many terrible institutions? Heck now you have Liberals acting as little Cold Warriors looking to drop boots on the ground in Moscow tomorrow.
    There is some hope then because every terrible institution now love Trump since he's promised them free taxpayer money and deregulation. I mean his administration may as well be called Goldman Sachs.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The banks love trump. Half of goldman sachs run the white house. This idea that trump was some outsider non establishment renegade is such a joke. He literally admitted to paying politicians. He was friends with the clintons hell he helped then buy their first home.
    True, now. But let us rewind a bit to who had the backing of nearly every institution on the planet. The same basic formula can be made for the Brexit referendum even. The major factor of his appeal as that those institutions all wanted Clinton at the time, or nearly all of them did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There is some hope then because every terrible institution now love Trump since he's promised them free taxpayer money and deregulation. I mean his administration may as well be called Goldman Sachs.
    Which reveals the pointlessness of our elections and the joke of all these Johnny come lately super patriot cold warriors talking about "Spreading American liberal democracy!" ect. Tis' why I get a laugh out of Skroe's hysterics ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The banks love trump. Half of goldman sachs run the white house. This idea that trump was some outsider non establishment renegade is such a joke. He literally admitted to paying politicians. He was friends with the clintons hell he helped then buy their first home.
    To be fair when he was campaigning he was portraying himself as the opposite even attacked institutions even said he would bring back Glass-Steagal. That is why the market crashed prior to opening when he got elected but he quickly changed that even saying he would put Jamie Dimon in charge of treasury.

* Jamie Dimon as treasury secretary is basically bending over and telling wall street the party is back he is their god.

Again nobody likes the neo liberal we all get it. This is in no way shape or form a good reason to vote for trump or republicans in general. Incumbents won fucking hand over fist this electoral cycle. The idea that this was some populist revolt is bullshit as we.

Trump won because right wingers supported him in lock step (and the republicans) over social concerns. The average income of a trump voter was something like 70k. Not your blue collar shlubs and poor people.
    I do, I like neoliberal policies.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, now. But let us rewind a bit to who had the backing of nearly every institution on the planet. The same basic formula can be made for the Brexit referendum even. The major factor of his appeal as that those institutions all wanted Clinton at the time, or nearly all of them did.

- - - Updated - - -

Which reveals the pointlessness of our elections and the joke of all these Johnny come lately super patriot cold warriors talking about "Spreading American liberal democracy!" ect. Tis' why I get a laugh out of Skroe's hysterics ect.
    Right because hillary wasnt a racist bigot and to be fair those institutions dont support racists or bigots. Witness his economic council disbanding after charlotte. Once again this is just back to social issues and not economic concerns. Yea banks wanted hillary but theyll do well regardless of whos in office. Again the average income of a trump supporter was 70k. Not your poor and tired and huddled masses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    To be fair when he was campaigning he was portraying himself as the opposite even attacked institutions even said he would bring back Glass-Steagal. That is why the market crashed prior to opening when he got elected but he quickly changed that even saying he would put Jamie Dimon in charge of treasury.

* Jamie Dimon as treasury secretary is basically bending over and telling wall street the party is back he is their god.
    He did. He came out against the banks. It would have literally taken you two minutes worth of thought to realize why that was bullshit. Even the dumbass american electorate should have been able to figure that one out. Evidently the man whos ghost written book details his exploits as a huckster and con man can still fool people. Americans do love their rogues.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right because hillary wasnt a racist bigot and to be fair those institutions dont support racists or bigots. Witness his economic council disbanding after charlotte. Once again this is just back to social issues and not economic concerns. Yea banks wanted hillary but theyll do well regardless of whos in office. Again the average income of a trump supporter was 70k. Not your poor and tired and huddled masses.
    Hmmmm, good guy CIA, a fascinating take.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

- - - Updated - - -

He did. He came out against the banks. It would have literally taken you two minutes worth of thought to realize why that was bullshit. Even the dumbass american electorate should have been able to figure that one out. Evidently the man whos ghost written book details his exploits as a huckster and con man can still fool people. Americans do love their rogues.
    The income on the average Trump voter is outrageous considering their rhetoric is all about how poorly they are doing. Such self absorbed, ignorant sheeple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    The income on the average Trump voter is outrageous considering their rhetoric is all about how poorly they are doing. Such self absorbed, ignorant sheeple.
    Well because those arent the actual people who voted for trump man. Actual fucking poor people stayed home or went to work and couldnt get time off to vote.

The folks who did vote were wealthier on average and voted out of social concerns and pure tribalism. Trump had an R next to his name. The economic crying poor bullshit didnt win him the election.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-09-19 at 08:53 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well because those arent the actual people who voted for trump man. Actual fucking poor people stayed home or went to work and couldnt get time off to vote.

The folks who did vote were wealthier on average and voted out of social concerns and pure tribalism. Trump had an R next to his name. The economic crying poor bullshit didnt win him the election.
    Let's say the 2016 election was pure tribalism, the future solution is to call it out on both sides. Argue about the universal merits of a policy, how it helps the society and citizens regardless of their tribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Let's say the 2016 election was pure tribalism, the future solution is to call it out on both sides. Argue about the universal merits of a policy, how it helps the society and citizens regardless of their tribe.
    It was not pure tribalism on both sides. Democrats or people who would normally vote dem were more than willing to stay home and abandon the tribe so to speak. Even with the stakes as high as they were hillaries turn out was incredible poor. The democrats should probably be a bit more tribal imho. It is a strength republicans have even if theyre dumb. Which is weird because solidarity used to be a left value.
    The hammer comes down:

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I remember asking this after his immediate election and now curious almost a year on what thoughts are. I don't think anybody can argue he has negatively affected Americas reputation worldwide
    Yes, no matter how it ends.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was not pure tribalism on both sides. Democrats or people who would normally vote dem were more than willing to stay home and abandon the tribe so to speak. Even with the stakes as high as they were hillaries turn out was incredible poor. The democrats should probably be a bit more tribal imho. It is a strength republicans have even if theyre dumb. Which is weird because solidarity used to be a left value.
    Let's say Democrats become more tribal in the next election. Is that going to ensure that the leader actually implements policy that makes the tribes more prosperous? With tribalism you may be able to ensure that you poll in a certain way, but there's no reason to think the person cares or is accountable at the policy level.

If there are no wars or gigantic economic blunders he will be remembered as just a waste of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I paraphrase Micheal Moore. "The Banks hate Trump, the Media Hates Trump, every institution that has worked in your ruin hates Trump and advocates for Hillary Clinton." Why would anyone trust someone backed by so many terrible institutions? Heck now you have Liberals acting as little Cold Warriors looking to drop boots on the ground in Moscow tomorrow.
    You are misrepresenting what Moore said in the same way Trump did. Read for your self:

https://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If there are no wars or gigantic economic blunders he will be remembered as just a waste of time
    I think it is unlikely there won't be SOME kind of war. As much as I hope there won't be. As for economic blunders? Eh, I'd say we are past due for another big crash. After all I don't think any problems that caused the last one were ever solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say Democrats become more tribal in the next election. Is that going to ensure that the leader actually implements policy that makes the tribes more prosperous? With tribalism you may be able to ensure that you poll in a certain way, but there's no reason to think the person cares or is accountable at the policy level.
    Tribalism cannot lead to good polling numbers, uniformity does.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea that's nice and if a democrat we're arguing this point you'd call him a fucking loser because well that's what happened they lost. I can assure you republicans sleep soundly at night not worried about such nonsense or at the very least save it for primaries when it's necessary. To be fair the republicans are divided now and that's seemingly why they can't get shit done... but they win elections (federal, state and local) and that has consequences obviously. I'd rather the democrats win elections and then hammer shit out then lose elections and still have to hammer shit out. Bernie has a better seat at the table under a clinton presidency with a democratic house and senate then he does with a republican house and senate and trump presidency. That's fairly self evident imho.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-09-19 at 09:51 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Looking at what is happening.

His healthcare plan along with every proposed and fought for healthcare plan proposed by the republican party since he took power would have been a huge blunder economically and socially.

His tax plan along with every proposed version since he took office would have been a huge blunder.

His Secretary picks and what they are actively fighting for on many areas would be a huge blunder.

At best, he would be remembered as the nuclear option president where it took the public watching him and the republican party to keep them from repeated economic blunders. That is assuming that they keep getting blocked.

A bad bill can be defeated a hundred times, it only needs to pass once.

And I doubt they would be willing to get off their asses and do their jobs to fix it without having their feet majorly held to the fire till they were practically burnt off before they would change those plans.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Tribalism cannot lead to good polling numbers, uniformity does.
    That sounds right, true uniformity is a strength. Of course it only improves the world if the idea it's based around is good and doesn't become exploited.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like when you suddenly wake up with diarrhea, jump out of bed, but you don't quite make it, and it explodes all over the carpet. At first it really stinks even after lots of cleaning. Then about 4 rug doctor passes later, it doesn't stink anymore but there's a stain that won't go away. That's Trump.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-09-19 at 11:03 PM.