Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Soz if I missed it, but is there any official scoreboard or such showing the current results?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    There is definitely a we. You're just a shitty player who knows even less than Rich.
    Resorting to insults because you don't have an argument is always embarrassing and hilarious. There's no we that you represent, sorry bud.

Raider.IO is now tracking the progress of the Invitational for those interested. We've temporarily made it our main landing page until the event ends.

https://raider.io

You is good site. You is smart site. You is important!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post
    Raider.IO is now tracking the progress of the Invitational for those interested. We've temporarily made it our main landing page until the event ends.

https://raider.io
    You might want to consider hiding the winners from the main page so that people don't get spoiled when they visit you to see the coverage they missed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Add a spoiler toggle of sorts. If it's off you can't see the winners (default), if it's on you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You might want to consider hiding the winners from the main page so that people don't get spoiled when they visit you to see the coverage they missed.
    Good call - this was something we hadn't even thought about. There is a change up now hiding the winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Resorting to insults because you don't have an argument is always embarrassing and hilarious. There's no we that you represent, sorry bud.
    But is it? Here, let me lay down some third grade grammar on you, since apparently you want an "argument" even though there's no argument to be had here. That won't be embarrassing.

The pronoun "we" is common in use and refers to groups, always including the author (that's me), but not always including the reader (that's you) and the construction of this group is arbitrary. Now hilariously, you literally agreed that my usage of the pronoun was valid:

Some may agree with you
    .... even though you just contradicted your very own claim:

"We". No mate, just you.
    The reason I insulted you is because you jumped in here and defended Rich's unbelievably retarded presentation last week. The only real response I've had is people commenting that they don't mind a literal non-stop spewing of useless garbage coming from the casters citing how common it is in shitty casting on some shitty sports networks and in shitty e-sports companies like MLG, which employs Rich, which Blizzard purchased. That's fine, but not one person can reasonably sit here and say that anything Rich said was insightful or useful at all, and if I went and asked people who actually give a shit about WoW PvP what they think of his casting of WoW PvP "e-sports" I'm sure they'd probably say the exact same thing. It doesn't help that I also find him grating as fuck on the Allcraft podcast he does with Hotted and Asmongold (which is 90% why I would never watch it, the other 10% is the length and lack of structure and meaningful or relevant content or an extremely low SNR making it mostly a waste of time to watch or listen to).

So it's a bit weird for you to bust in and drop a "yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man" and then suck Rich's dick. It indicates to me that you probably know less than he does, or don't care that someone who knows nothing about the game is actively misinforming 25000 people, which means you're probably down with the Icy Veins and Noxxic perpetually outdated and wrong guides. Or simply put, you're likely shit at the game. So when your "argument" is literally "well I liked it" and you ignored everything else said about the subject in the post, I'm not too concerned with just firing back at you with a nice comment about how you're a shitty player, because you are.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post
    Good call - this was something we hadn't even thought about. There is a change up now hiding the winners!
    What do you think about linking directly to each game in the playback from the bracket page? That should make referencing them later a lot simpler.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-09-22 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    But is it? Here, let me lay down some third grade grammar on you, since apparently you want an "argument" even though there's no argument to be had here. That won't be embarrassing.

The pronoun "we" is common in use and refers to groups, always including the author (that's me), but not always including the reader (that's you) and the construction of this group is arbitrary. Now hilariously, you literally agreed that my usage of the pronoun was valid:

.... even though you just contradicted your very own claim:

The reason I insulted you is because you jumped in here and defended Rich's unbelievably retarded presentation last week. The only real response I've had is people commenting that they don't mind a literal non-stop spewing of useless garbage coming from the casters citing how common it is in shitty casting on some shitty sports networks and in shitty e-sports companies like MLG, which employs Rich, which Blizzard purchased. That's fine, but not one person can reasonably sit here and say that anything Rich said was insightful or useful at all, and if I went and asked people who actually give a shit about WoW PvP what they think of his casting of WoW PvP "e-sports" I'm sure they'd probably say the exact same thing. It doesn't help that I also find him grating as fuck on the Allcraft podcast he does with Hotted and Asmongold (which is 90% why I would never watch it, the other 10% is the length and lack of structure and meaningful or relevant content or an extremely low SNR making it mostly a waste of time to watch or listen to).

So it's a bit weird for you to bust in and drop a "yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man" and then suck Rich's dick. It indicates to me that you probably know less than he does, or don't care that someone who knows nothing about the game is actively misinforming 25000 people, which means you're probably down with the Icy Veins and Noxxic perpetually outdated and wrong guides. Or simply put, you're likely shit at the game. So when your "argument" is literally "well I liked it" and you ignored everything else said about the subject in the post, I'm not too concerned with just firing back at you with a nice comment about how you're a shitty player, because you are.

Have a nice day.

What do you think about linking directly to each game in the playback from the bracket page? That should make referencing them later a lot simpler.
    Holy shit 3 paragraphs of just shitting on rich (and me but that doesn't matter).

You must have the most amazing life possible. I can't believe you put this much effort into insulting me and completely shitting on this guy. It's actually really sad man. I've never seen someone put so much effort into shitting on someone. He really has you flipping tables, I don't get why he even remotely matters to you.

In terms of me being shit at the game ny average parse is 85% so that's some orange and the rest are purple. I wouldn't say I'm garbage as if my guild had the roster to mythic raid we would. If that means I'm shit though that's fine too doesn't matter.

Regardless of all this, you are really getting upset over this one guy. You're spazzing out and insulting me for thinking that rich is a good dude and was fun to listen to during the tournament. I don't know how to respond to someone whose so upset about this one person. I don't get why you're so angry but I'd say this one guy succeeded as you seem to be over the top interested in this guy.

Anyway I'm not going to respond after this. You're really damn toxic and for some reason very obsessed with rich. But having a discussion with you isn't something I want to do because every other sentence is an insult. It'd be a waste of time to talk to you about why I think rich is a good dude or why I think his commentating was interesting since you just straight up shit on everything.

Have a good day dude.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-09-22 at 10:47 AM.

Holy shit 3 paragraphs of just shitting on rich (and me but that doesn't matter).

You must have the most amazing life possible. I can't believe you put this much effort into insulting me and completely shitting on this guy. It's actually really sad man. I've never seen someone put so much effort into shitting on someone. He really has you flipping tables, I don't get why he even remotely matters to you.

In terms of me being shit at the game ny average parse is 85% so that's some orange and the rest are purple. I wouldn't say I'm garbage as if my guild had the roster to mythic raid we would. If that means I'm shit though that's fine too doesn't matter.

Regardless of all this, you are really getting upset over this one guy. You're spazzing out and insulting me for thinking that rich is a good dude and was fun to listen to during the tournament. I don't know how to respond to someone whose so upset about this one person. I don't get why you're so angry but I'd say this one guy succeeded as you seem to be over the top interested in this guy.

Anyway I'm not going to respond after this. You're really damn toxic and for some reason very obsessed with rich. But having a discussion with you isn't something I want to do because every other sentence is an insult. It'd be a waste of time to talk to you about why I think rich is a good dude or why I think his commentating was interesting since you just straight up shit on everything.

Have a good day dude.
    In my opinion there are three reasons why he is so upset:

1) He doesn't like Rich, or rather Rich is unsympathetic to him. But to just say he doesn't like him or he is umsympathetic isn't enough and he acts like a musican. So it Ends in a song text like wall of text which discribes his feelings exactly.

2) The MDI is the biggest Event for him this year like superbowl or something. But the presentation is quite unprofessional and he is so upset about this, that he needs to vent his frustration on somebody. Some people took Treckie for this, he decided for Rich.

3) He doesn't know the term unsympathetic and is trying to explain it with his own words. He just could say: "Rich is unsympathetic to me, I don't like him"

Kappa :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    3) He doesn't know the term unsympathetic and is trying to explain it with his own words. He just could say: "Rich is unsympathetic to me, I don't like him"
    That's not what unsympathetic means though, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    That's not what unsympathetic means though, is it?
    Maybe you are right, I guess I should take unlikeable? English isn't my native language.

Deleted
    i personally didnt have any issues with the casting (including treckie/rich), although i did prefer sloot by a significant margin. personally idc what casters say to be honest, it's esports casting catering to the lowest common denominator, not a thesis presentation trying to explain you everything in detail. all that matters is a good voice and tone

obv im complete shit at the game so disregard my opinion

Maybe you are right, I guess I should take unlikeable? English isn't my native language.
    Ye. Or you could say "I'm unsympathetic towards him" which means I don't like/care for him.

I'm stoked! I found watching it to be a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i personally didnt have any issues with the casting (including treckie/rich), although i did prefer sloot by a significant margin.
    Agreed, when it wasn't his turn, I muted the stream.

2) The MDI is the biggest Event for him this year like superbowl or something. But the presentation is quite unprofessional and he is so upset about this, that he needs to vent his frustration on somebody. Some people took Treckie for this, he decided for Rich.
    It's not complicated. eSports in the US and even EU has been a complete joke, and it's largely due to shitty companies like MLG making it a joke. This is the first time as far as I'm aware that PvE has been tried as an eSport, and watching two teams compete at fairly difficult content is far more entertaining to me than watching PvP matches in an MMO which is about as interesting as watching chess (though not as difficult as chess). The turnout even on the shittier regions has at least indicated that's not an uncommon feeling. So for them to be jumping into this with piss poor execution from the start (learning not enough from their collegiate invitational and leaning on bad practices like those from MLG) is frustrating at the very least. As I said earlier in this post, when Rich/Treckie are casting, muting the stream makes it more enjoyable and not just to me, which is a huge problem, and what, 95% of people watching don't know what's even happening. I made this exact claim about this exact event the day it was announced: most people watching it are like Rich here and might've done a heroic or a mythic+0 or +5 or something and don't even know anything about these dungeons. I assure you, even at +17 with 935 gear that most mechanics become relevant (depending on affix) and most people aren't even aware there are mechanics on just about every trash pack or every boss, and the only person who I've seen even attempt to relay this information to the audience, the actual danger and difficulty of what they're doing on screen, is Sloot. I think the reason Jak doesn't is because he just stares at health bars the entire dungeon, and nearly all of his commentary seems to support that.

Instead of actually discussing the difficulty of what's happening, and talking about common strategies to deal with that difficulty or remarking on what has been some clever strategy, you get some commentary that's like "look at that damage!" and "now they've gotta get this stun rotation down". There are trash packs where failing to interrupt an ability instantly kills your tank or your group. You've got DK tanks gripping to interrupt, you've got warlocks (well not many) fearing, you've got imprisoning and other CC happening, but you don't see it (I hate the floating camera angle and the lack of transparency about what's happening for this reason), and almost none of that is being mentioned. There's a lot of skill and practice going into these that's being totally ignored, and it's not apparently visible. It's not like the NBA where you see a ton of pressure applied to someone and they pull off a wide 3-pointer out of nowhere to put their team ahead or amazing passing game to set someone up for an easy 2. It's not like the NFL where you visibly see the defense moving people around or an amazing long pass. It's someone pressing a button at exactly the right time to prevent a wipe, and you can't even visibly see it because the camera is off looking at the art in the room while the casters are talking about how they just skipped a pack and "omg they gotta make that percentage up later."

Go do a +17 and don't interrupt knife dance in BRH. I've watched 9/9 mythic raiders nearly wipe to that in a +14.

I want to see MDI happen multiple times per year and become a primary thing for WoW, I don't want to see it fucked up by people who are just there to be a haircut and a smile on camera and say retarded shit with every other sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    obv im complete shit at the game so disregard my opinion
    PogChamp PogChamp
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-09-22 at 07:10 PM.

In fairness actiblizz likely just dropped the idea on blizzard and said 'make it work' because koticks got a hardon for streaming ad revenue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    In fairness actiblizz likely just dropped the idea on blizzard and said 'make it work' because koticks got a hardon for streaming ad revenue.
    Do they even run ads? Watched both China and Oceania partially live and partially in the rerun (since time differences suck for EU with those zones) and don't even think i've seen one ad and i dont run a add blocker for Twitch to support the streamers i watch that do have some ads.

Is there a site that shows all of the match results so far, including each teams' times, the affixes, and the dungeon?