Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It's a niche e-sport and that's okay. Don't know why people tune in to an arena tournament while they've never been even 2k and then go ahead and say "haha wow 2017" or "10.000 viewers wow is dead".

While we're a bunch of people who actually enjoy following the PvP scene and playing 3v3 on a regular basis. It's one of my hobbies besides piano and music.

Hmm.

- - - Updated - - -

But yes, 6v6 rbg's needs to happen in 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    i have to say i'd much rather watch rbg's then competitive mythics, i'm not sure why they did not try rbgs first.
    I should be working for Blizzard as a WoW developer in my opinion, since look how damn good I am at it lol.

I have shown remarkable aptitude for the task (obviously), and I very much AM interested if y'all are Blizz, and ESPECIALLY right now, since my parents are uber controlling religious psychopaths, and I would really like to STOP trying to help them with their little store out in the country, that they are simply RUNNING INTO THE GROUND with their incompetent business management skills, and refusal to allow me more control to improve it for them, since they are so immature.

I could develop the HELL out of this game PvP wise!!!

We ALL know I could lol!!!

The Legend loves the game (and PvP especially)!!!

Hell, at least put me in some SECRET room at Blizz, and put me in the super awesome secret gaming chair that we all know that you just HAVE to have in there, and hook up electrodes to my brain, and look at data on bar graphs, and study The Legend while I lay waste to record levels!

I really do just love this game OK, and it really has upset me quite a bit how "messed up" that I consider PvP to be.

Could I do better???

Well, ya lol, and actually, I think I could do WAY better, and I was there in the background Blizzard, over all those years, like a drumbeat, telling you what you should be doing, and what you should not be doing, and If you realize it or not, I was right about pretty much all of it the whole time lol. If you had done EXACTLY what I had said, then it would have all worked out so very much better than it did OK.

See, that's the thing about me OK, I am seemingly the biggest prodigy EVER, and at times (like in this case) I kinda don't even really have to try for whatever reason (most likely just luck in the variance).

Just imagine if I did "really try" though, and devoted tons of my time and energy to solve problems that you present me with, and to come up with new ideas.

I am really considering dropping a resume to you guys, since you just haven't came and talked to me like I asked you to.

Was that asking too much???

It's not done that way???

Ya, but I had no less than THREE different businesses BEGGING me to work for them 18 months OK, at the exact same time no less lol.

When I was getting out of the Navy, these old crusty E-8s and E-9s would just not shut up about trying to keep me in, since they knew how amazing I was, and they really didn't want to lose me.

I am an in demand commodity lol, and as of right now, I am actually looking for a new job funny enough. I was thinking a waiter at a fancy seafood restaurant at the coast, since $$$ in tips. Working at Blizz sure sounds WAY more fun though, I really do have to say.

Blizz, I think that you could REALLY use me, and the reason I say that, is because it kinda doesn't really mater what you need me to do, and what problems you need me to solve, because my mind has got to the point where it just seems so EASY to me to see things that others can't, and the reason is because of how very honest and objective I am. You actually don't really even need me anymore, since I just told you the secret, and anyone can do it, but what I also obviously bring to the table as well, is my incredible mind, which it very much is in objective reality.

I am interested if you are, and perhaps you will see my resume here soon.

I am SUCH a Blizzard fan that it's absurd (in my own ways though, and I am not too into the lore for whatever reason) and I would be VERY happy to even just walk around the HQ, and I think you guys would find me to be pretty damn cool, if you can just NOT hate on me, which honestly it would seem to be VERY hard not to do, since even my own mother hates on me since I am so awesome. Here is the thing though, if you can not hate on someone just because they are awesome, then you are basically making yourself more awesome in the process, and it's because you are not hating, and thus you are NOT WASTING THAT ENERGY. Perhaps it's because I listened to so much hip hop in the 90s that I think of it like that, while others don't as much, but I REALLY think that it's quite relevant how being a "player hater" is "wasted energy," and how it holds you back.

So all that to say that it would never work, unless you can "be nice," and not try and poke fun at The Legend, like well really EVERYONE seems to do, since I very much AM so off the charts awesome now. It's like Kid Rock said, "A lot of people poke fun and that's alright. But when I start pokin' back they get all uptight." So just don't poke the Legend, and it's all good baby! If you watch me, I don't just insult people out of nowhere, or at least not for them just being awesome at least, which is very much the key. I might do it if they are say trolling, or any number of other disgusting things, but I am not a hater really at all anymore, and that gives me IMMENSE POWER OK!!!

It's a good thing I have no interest to work for any other game company there Blizz, or you might have a case of my going to one of your competitors there!

- A long time fan (and a new Legend)
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-19 at 09:03 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I tune in for a quick snip of the embarrassing Arena Championships (that a whopping 14,000 people are watching) and like, holy mother of fuck. It's no secret that WoW Arenas are bad but Jesus Christ.

Matches are so fucking drawn out and literally nothing happens. It's just boring PvPing until dampening happens (which essentially means everything prior to dampening is just pointless filler) and then it's a drawn out series of people getting stunned, bursted to 20% health, popping a defensive, getting healed to full, rinse repeat, etc. One guy dies and the match is over, apparently, because everyone just gives up right away (that's the state of WoW PvP, there's no comeback game).

This would be fine, whatever, good for people who think this is fun and cool, but the offensive thing to me is how much serious effort Blizzard has put into this. The multiple commentators, the setup to make everything look like a "legitimate" e-sport. Jesus God Damn.

Jesus God Damn. It's too much for me.

Anyways; who else feels this way? I just can't wrap my head around how anyone could actually find 'high-level' WoW Arenas fun to watch. They are criminally fucking boring. If you actually enjoy them, what makes you find them interesting? I am legitimately curious.
    That is why you go defensively(Just Vanish, ALT+f4)and simple just fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    I should be working for Blizzard as a WoW developer in my opinion, since look how damn good I am at it lol.

I have shown remarkable aptitude for the task (obviously), and I very much AM interested if y'all are Blizz, and ESPECIALLY right now, since my parents are uber controlling religious psychopaths, and I would really like to STOP trying to help them with their little store out in the country, that they are simply RUNNING INTO THE GROUND with their incompetent business management skills, and refusal to allow me more control to improve it for them, since they are so immature.

I could develop the HELL out of this game PvP wise!!!

We ALL know I could lol!!!

The Legend loves the game (and PvP especially)!!!

Hell, at least put me in some SECRET room at Blizz, and put me in the super awesome secret gaming chair that we all know that you just HAVE to have in there, and hook up electrodes to my brain, and look at data on bar graphs, and study The Legend while I lay waste to record levels!

I really do just love this game OK, and it really has upset me quite a bit how "messed up" that I consider PvP to be.

Could I do better???

Well, ya lol, and actually, I think I could do WAY better, and I was there in the background Blizzard, over all those years, like a drumbeat, telling you what you should be doing, and what you should not be doing, and If you realize it or not, I was right about pretty much all of it the whole time lol. If you had done EXACTLY what I had said, then it would have all worked out so very much better than it did OK.

See, that's the thing about me OK, I am seemingly the biggest prodigy EVER, and at times (like in this case) I kinda don't even really have to try for whatever reason (most likely just luck in the variance).

Just imagine if I did "really try" though, and devoted tons of my time and energy to solve problems that you present me with, and to come up with new ideas.

I am really considering dropping a resume to you guys, since you just haven't came and talked to me like I asked you to.

Was that asking to much???

It's not done that way???

Ya, but I had no less than THREE different businesses BEGGING me to work for them 18 months OK, at the exact same time no less lol.

When I was getting out of the Navy, these old crusty E-8s and E-9s would just not shut up about trying to keep me in, since they knew how amazing I was, and they really didn't want to lose me.

I am an in demand commodity lol, and as of right now, I am actually looking for a new job funny enough. I was thinking a waiter at a fancy seafood restaurant at the coast, since $$$ in tips. Working at Blizz sure sounds WAY more fun though, I really do have to say.

Blizz, I think that you could REALLY use me, and the reason I say that, is because it kinda doesn't really mater what you need me to do, and what problems you need me to solve, because my mind has got to the point where it just seems so EASY to me to see things that others can't, and the reason is because of how very honest and objective I am. You actually don't even need me in that way really, since I just told you the secret, and anyone can do it, but what I also obviously bring to the table as well, is my incredible mind, which it very much is in objective reality.

I am interested if you are, and perhaps you will see my resume here soon.

I am SUCH a Blizzard fan that its absurd, and I would be VERY happy to even just walk around the HQ, and I think you guys would find me to be pretty damn cool, if you can just NOT hate on me, which honestly it would seem to be VERY hard not to do, since even my own mother hates on me since I am so awesome. Here is the thing though, if you can not hate on someone just because they are awesome, then you are basically making yourself more awesome in the process, and it's because you are not hating, and thus you are NOT wasting that energy. Perhaps it's because I listened to so much hip hop in the 90s that I think of it like that, while others don't as much, but I REALLY think that it's quite relevant how being a "player hater" is "wasted energy" and how it holds you back.

So all that to say that it would never work, unless you can "be nice" and not try and poke fun at The Legend, like well really EVERYONE seems to do, since I very much AM so off the charts awesome. It's like Kid Rock said, "A lot of people poke fun and that's alright. But when I start pokin' back they get all uptight." So just don't poke the Legend, and it's all good baby! If you watch me, I don't just insult people out of nowhere, or at least not for them just being awesome at least, which is very much the key. I might do it if they are say trolling, or any number of other disgusting things, but I am not a hater really at all anymore, and that gives me IMMENSE POWER OK!!!

It's a good thing I have no interest to work for any other game company there Blizz, or you might have a case of my going to one of your competitors there!

- A long time fan (and a new Legend)
    Okay?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-09-19 at 08:52 PM.

I just feel like WoW Arena is cooldown management.

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    WoW isn't an "esport" and never will be, neither pve nor pvp. However for a time there was a sizeable pvp community that enjoyed watching the tournaments in TBC/Wotlk, it's a shame this community was killed off by activision.

The only esport I could ever watch was quake 3/live, and it was the only esport that I could introduce to laypeople that they could enjoy without knowing anything about the game, perhaps why it survived for so long. I find a major problem with most modern esports is that their viewerbase are just players of that game, and the skillsets involved in the games are completely useless outside that specific game.
    It is an esport lol, by the exact definition of what that means.

Funny enough there.

You don't seem hateful at all.....

*Rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Okay?
    You're a hater lol.

That's the answer to your question there.

Since that's why you asked it hater.

And it's not really even a question FYI....

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Lots of people watch dota that doesn't understand it at a deeper level. I don't think Blizzard really cares about esports anyway. They had wc3 and starcraft, but that was a long time ago. They should have renewed it like counter strike was, but instead they just fucked up with starcraft 2.
    They literally built an arena for esports....
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    It is an esport lol, by the exact definition of what that means.

Funny enough there.

You don't seem hateful at all.....

*Rolls eyes*

You're a hater lol.

That's the answer to your question there.

Since that's why you asked it hater.....
    I fcking hate this LoL community and how the casual group is taking over. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I fcking hate this LoL community and how the casual group is taking over. Yep.
    What lol???

I am the MOST hardcore YOU FOOL!!!

I won over 5,700 BGs since late MoP OK!!!

Hardcore grinder much???

I would tell you to not hate, but I think you should prob just refer to my sig, which we both know you likely already looked at LOTS of times, and then didn't get it AT ALL!!!

Work on that in my opinion!!!

(Don't I sound like a drill instructor there lol?)

"YOU DON'T SCARE ME!!!

WORK ON IT!!!" - R. Lee Ermey (Gunnery Sergeant Hartman)

Just imagine what I would say to you if I didn't have to "be nice" there hater. You have NO IDEA how well I can swear OK. It's MIND BLOWING, it really is.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They literally built an arena for esports....
    Ya, I am crying foul here lol!!!

HOLY HATEFUL HELL BATMAN!!!

SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE JUST SO TOXIC OK!!!

And I can help you with this, I REALLY can, and I WANT TO even, but can y'all PLEASE BACK OFF with the hate lol!!!

Man......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I just feel like WoW Arena is cooldown management.
    I think it would be ideal if I speak on this, since let's be honest, I am the one who was able to see the whole time that the arena wasn't the end all be all of WoW PvP, like MOST of the community was trying to make it out to be.

Here is what I think happened (unless there is more to all of this than I know).

I think that when the game was new, there was still quite a lot for EVERYONE to learn when it came to PvP, since this game is so diverse of classes and abilities, that there is just SO MUCH DEPTH in that way even still, and it's quite frankly just really complex. Well, one of the things that is obviously important to learn about PvP, is to use "line of sight" to your advantage in combat, since that is just the natural progression of things.

Clearly the arena provides a GREAT opportunity for this, since we ALL as players needed to learn to do this well, and that was a good skill for you to have even in the BGs, since sometimes with the huts you had a LOT of opportunity to put it to use there.

And so what happened with the arena though???

Well, y'all started to do a LOT of arena, and it became this big thing were people were doing it so much, that it was becoming VERY clear what the best things were to do in certain situations, since the same things kept happening again and again, and there became kind of this hive mind way of looking at PvP, which is that there is a right way to do things, and a wrong way to do things.

Guys, I don't think like that anymore though you see.......

Here is what happened, I am a human being who TRULY realized that you "don't know anything."

Now, y'all probably look at me, and think that I am being absurd, since of course I think I know things, since I am The Legend, and I called a tournament once, and I keep being right, etc. etc.

Here is the thing though lol, I honestly know that I don't know shit OK!!! I have like the most objective mind EVER, I mean, think about it lol......

How on Earth could I keep being right so much, if I didn't have an EXTREMELY OPEN MIND???

How???

I am pretty sure that I COULD NOT AT ALL!!!

So that's the thing OK, I wasn't thinking that I actually knew anything about the arena, and I kept my mind open, and I looked at it all logically, and I pondered it DEEP for MANY YEARS, and then I got to the point where I realized that y'all were just a LITTLE too into the arena there lol, and that what it was doing to you was to make it so that you get all flustered when you are outside of your "arena bubble" as I like to call it.

Well, here is the thing, like all of WPvP almost, and then the BGs, are just plain are outside of that bubble OK, they really are, and that is a LOT of the game, and a LOT of PvP as a whole even.

It's much more complex than just that though, and what would perhaps be best is if I wrote some kind of compare and contrast piece between the arena and BGs in the future, to help Blizz to better understand how I knew way back in the day that the arena wasn't the end all be all of WoW PvP.

To me, the line of sight tricks, are NOT THE BEST WAY!!!

The reason I say that, is since I go the hardest of everyone, so I am really not wanting to play games, and run away, unless I HAVE TO, since I am dying.

Something that I think some of you haven't yet realized, is that the best path to victory in PvP is to go DIRECTLY AT YOUR ENEMIES FACE LIKE A SPIDER MONKEY!!!

That's the way OK, and I really am like the Grim Reaper in this game, and I wash over the battlefield like a wave of death, and the way I do that is by being VERY DIRECT about how I engage them. It's almost surely the most terrifying thing in the game, when I just continue to walk DIRECTLY AT YOUR FACE IN A RELENTLESS FASHION, SHOWING NO FEAR, SINCE I HAVE NONE, SINCE APEX, and you guys are scared of me lol, and I know that.

I am the ultimate expression of "pumping fear" on the battleground OK, and it's because of my total fearlessness now as the apex predator in WoW. I may die, but I just ain't scared of any of you OK, I REALLY AM NOT, even with your OPness there you free killing, fotm rerolling fakers!!!

Some of you don't understand that in real warfare (which I used to study WHILE at war, since I was an "ops god"), the first one to act is going to have the advantage in WAYS OK.

I am not really a very good person to articulate into words how I do what I do, since I just dont have a very good memory.

I want you guys to know though that I feel there is SO MUCH potential in the BGs, and that they could be so very much more than they are now, if we could just get the skill bar up, and get people to take them more serious. I know this, since I have done so many BGs in my life that every great once in a while I get ones that are even better than the high level RBGs I have been in. Its just that MAGIC team, where everyone has teamwork, and you are all in sync, and it just FEELS epic, and in the teamfights, if even just one person dies, really all the other players FEEL it, and you can just FEEL that tempo speedbump, as they are demoralized, and I know that some of you know what I am talking about lol!!!

THAT'S THE SHIT RIGHT THERE OK!!!

I WANT MORE OF THAT!!!

Here is the problem though Blizzard, EVEN IN RBGs, you really don't get that hardly ever, since there just is not that much teamwork, and the bar is just not very high overall skill wise.

How I feel it could all change, is if an EMPHASIS was put on BGs, and we had some NEW ones, since quite frankly we haven't been getting that, like so many of us would LIKE.

If WoW improves enough PvP wise, then I am sure that I will get REALLY into it, but I really don't know if I can get into rated, if its like it is. I think a merger of rated and non rated BGs SOMEHOW could be really good FYI.

Well, I am spent here, and I hope this helps you to understand what happened with this arena thing Blizz, where it's stagnating.

BGs are the answer!!!

I can't get enough of them (except right now)!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-19 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    snippet
    wtf are you on dude..

Quote Originally Posted by Thargas28 View Post
    wtf are you on dude..
    You tell me, with your hateful self lol!!!

Poor hater.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thargas28 View Post
    wtf are you on dude..
    It's Speedymage from the Blizz forums, where he spams the hell out of PvP sections there too with his "ME ME ME" wanking and insanity. They must've gotten sick of him for awhile again so he pops up here like a mushroom.

This is what Intarwebs Gawd made the Ignore button for.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    It's Speedymage from the Blizz forums, where he spams the hell out of PvP sections there too with his "ME ME ME" wanking and insanity. They must've gotten sick of him for awhile again so he pops up here like a mushroom.

This is what Intarwebs Gawd made the Ignore button for.
    Pops up here, saying some of the most profound things about WoW PvP that anyone ever has ever said lol.

You are quite simply a dog chasing a space shuttle launch there you hater.

Try not to get burned by the flames of intelligence that are propelling me there!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Yes, I'm Hay-Tor Maximus the Snowdawg from Beta Reticuli. The only burning done here is the red hot insanity exhaust from your bloviating bum hole.

Where do they teach such wisdom in this galaxy anyway...the Ted Nugent Academy?

to me it gets better at higher ELO

Deleted
    Arena is fine as long as you don´t play double feral healer.

On another note, did anyone watch the Mythic dungeon invitational? That was legit fun to watch...my gf and I tuned in to check it out and ended up watching for a good long while.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    On another note, did anyone watch the Mythic dungeon invitational? That was legit fun to watch...my gf and I tuned in to check it out and ended up watching for a good long while.
    Ye agree 100%. Not quite sure if it's because the event is new or just simply because it's entertaining.