Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I used to really like Toys R Us, I used to go there not super often, but on occasion to get like birthday presents for friends, or to look at legos or video games for super nintendo
    After I "grew out" of toys, and began getting into other tings like skateboarding and sports, I didn't really get as many "toys"

However, video games, and action figures I still enjoy, and the occasional lego set, but I usually just get those on the side if I go to target

Couldn't tell you the last time I shopped at a Toys R Us, probably a few years ago when getting something for my little cousin for christmas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You also miss social aspects. Online Multiplayers are NOT social life or teach social skills, with those toxic communities it probably makes everything as worse as possible. And toys bring kids together. Or sports. And not videogames.

And this is something you see in the millenial generation already. We heavily grew up with video games and stuff like that. And there are so many in my agespan (I'm 26) that are unable to have a social life. These tend to live in the internet, they want attention from people in the internet and are uncapable of having friends in real life because real life is unfair or something like this.

Even in this forum you see enough examples of those individuals.

EDIT: Just checked your account and posts. Nothing to say anymore. You are one of those individuals as it seems. Of course you think video games are the things because you probably failed real life. I'm sorry for that but I won't discuss something further as it makes no sense.

It is sad to see that thouse with thousands of posts here in this forum (and probably another on reddit, 4chan or whatsoever) are so critical about toys and think games are there for everything. Failed individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but this is something I learned from real life. 2,7k posts in 1 year means you should try this, too. Wierd reallife thing. Then you would learn something useful, too.
    Runescape taught me socializing why you say that?

if a mall used toys R' us as an anchor store they already had issues, anchor stores (in the south east) are like wal-mart / sears / belks / JC Pennys / Dillards / Macy's . Toy's R US may have a larger inside store but far from anchor level.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Children's Palace, FAO Swartz, K B Toys. In that order this means nothing to me my childhood was sold a long time ago.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    if a mall used toys R' us as an anchor store they already had issues, anchor stores (in the south east) are like wal-mart / sears / belks / JC Pennys / Dillards / Macy's . Toy's R US may have a larger inside store but far from anchor level.
    Sears is lucky because they tend to own the land their stores are on. At least in the north east

Why shop at Toys R Us when you can buy the same toy at another store for much cheaper? Its their prices thats the problem. With 4 kids we only ever went there if we waited last minute and couldnt find the toy at a cheaper store. With that said my family is one that can afford to shop there but knows it wasnt smart to.

FTR, I'm not especially fond of Toysaurus (yes, in French, I was a kid, I thought all my life that it was a pun on dinosaurs, since that was what I was buying there, I did not saw the ''Toys are us'' (which frankly does not make much sense) until much later...) I was pointing out that it's another anchor store going the way of the dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Sears is lucky because they tend to own the land their stores are on. At least in the north east
    Lucky as in they won it in a game of cards?

It is like Mcdonalds, a real estate company that everyone thinks is a fast food company. Luck has nothing to do with it.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Lucky as in they won it in a game of cards?

It is like Mcdonalds, a real estate company that everyone thinks is a fast food company. Luck has nothing to do with it.
    Well selling the land is what keeps them in business lol

sears is lucky craft's man is mostly exclusive to them lol. still say they are gone in 5-10 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    sears is lucky craft's man is mostly exclusive to them lol.
    The Craftsman brand was sold to Stanley Black & Decker earlier this year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears...million-2017-1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Am I reading this article right? They're filling for bankruptcy but plan to continue doing business after closing a couple stores? What?
    Yes. They've filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, variously referred to as reorganization, bankruptcy protection, protection from creditors, receivership, or administration.

It puts on hold any creditors claims against the business and allows the business to reorganize, renegotiate contracts, etc.

You're confusing it with chapter 7 bankruptcy, which is liquidation, where all the corporate assets are sold off or otherwise distributed among the creditors and the business ceases to exist.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

can we bring back video stores too?
    or how about sewing machines?

what about coal, oh wait trump is already trying that one...never mind.

:P

- - - Updated - - -

they have mostly sold all of their real estate and closed most of their NE stores or plan too.
    corporate raiders did this over the last 10+ years selling every last part of the company to get as much profit out of it as they could while sattling it with so much debt that it was bound to fail

I'm 40 miles from one. Same with most of the other big box stores.

Going to be interesting around Christmas time though. UPS, FedEx, and the post office all get backed up. Makes it hard to order last minute gifts. Heck the last time I ordered a Father's Day present from Amazon, they didn't bother to ship it until 3 days after Father's Day.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no more Kmarts in my town of 250k

We still have a TRU

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Iam glad that i dont expect to see the age of 50!

When the trucking industry is gone thanks to driverless trucks, when nobody goes to malls thanks to online shopping that is done in warehouses fully automated, When nearly every thing is cheaply made in China! Is there gonna be anyone left employed that isnt in the Entertainment business or in IT?
    You're missing the last step. When virtual reality recreates the malls and anchor stores we can visit them remotely, and interact with remote "workers" who also log in while working from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    The Craftsman brand was sold to Stanley Black & Decker earlier this year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears...million-2017-1

- - - Updated - - -
    i had no idea X.X

10+ Year Old Account
    Was bound to happen after Craftsman started to buckle on that warranty lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Physical toys are superior to electronic games for learning actually.
    People say this and then never provide any information to back it up.

Never had a Toys'r'Us nearby growing up, I always went to KB, store was so packed you could hardly move in there. And anchors come and go, the closest mall to me growing up had a Zayres, then it became an Ames, and now it's something else. It's all about how these companies adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    My biggest bitch with Lego is "BUILD X!" OK, you just gave me step by step instructions for how to build X. I can take it apart, and....rebuild X the same way.

4 or 5 years ago, my niece (6) and step nephew (10) wanted Legos for Christmas. Their mother got them each a "BUILD X!" set and they got bored with it. They go to Dad's house, where there was something like this . He got them one tub, I got them one tub. Life happened, but when my niece goes to my brother's house after she's done homework and helped clean up dinner, she breaks out the fuckhuge tote full of Legos and goes to town.

They seem to be getting away from the "let your imagination go wild and build shit" to the "Here, build THIS" sets.
    I think the joy is to take those sets and combine them with other sets and build something wild. Let go of your inner "Lord Business" and embrace "The Special"