View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    You guys have 16 year old prostitutes.

not legally prostitution, but as age of consent is way below 18 you cannot hinder them to have sex. the pay4sex is forbidden, not the sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Looks like Germany STILL wants to police the world. You'd think that after losing a war... they'd learn not to extend beyond their reach...
    "Policing the world" is something we leave to 'murica. But we care about citizens abroad and abolished death penalty ~ 70 years ago. we do fine, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    not legally prostitution, but as age of consent is way below 18 you cannot hinder them to have sex. the pay4sex is forbidden, not the sex.

- - - Updated - - -

"Policing the world" is something we leave to 'murica. But we care about citizens abroad and abolished death penalty ~ 70 years ago. we do fine, thanks
    Apologies. Before 2008 it was 16. My point here being is get off your high horse. Everyone loves to bash countries while ignoring they are just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think the majority of Americans are happy to pull out and let the rest of the world take care of its own problems. I'm not sure you can claim "doing fine" when your country tries to hide a 15% increase in violent and sexual crimes due to "caring about citizens abroad".

But what do I know, I mean Germans... they're the smart ones... managed a hostile take over of Europe economically through industry and commerce, and this time no one even noticed!

Commit a crime in Iraq, face the Iraqi justice system. Dumb bitch deserves it if she was willing to join a known terrorist group.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Apologies. Before 2008 it was 16. My point here being is get off your high horse. Everyone loves to bash countries while ignoring they are just bad.
    oh, we will fail utterly next sunday in our federal election with no stable government on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I think the majority of Americans are happy to pull out and let the rest of the world take care of its own problems. I'm not sure you can claim "doing fine" when your country tries to hide a 15% increase in violent and sexual crimes due to "caring about citizens abroad".

But what do I know, I mean Germans... they're the smart ones... managed a hostile take over of Europe economically through industry and commerce, and this time no one even noticed!
    Some of us noticed, and got severely moderated for pointing out the change from tanks to banks.

Deleted
    Could it be possible she came from a dysfunctional family and was subject to grooming from a young age? Regardless she should be brought home for rehabilitation, no one should punished with death for being too young to make rational decisions. I thought we were supposed to better than this, the majority of you calling for her death should be ashamed of yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Some of us noticed, and got severely moderated for pointing out the change from tanks to banks.
    That's almost signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, why waste efford on justice when you can entertain internet touch guys with blind revenge? You could sell tickets, even.
    Entertain? Revenge? No. It's about neither of these things. It's about quelling a problem in a finite manner. I don't think it should be public either. The moment she chose to go there she made an adult decision and she should face adult consequences. My opinion of terrorists is the same regardless of race, gender or religion. Interrogate and either burry them in a black site prison for the rest of their days or save the money/time/space and dispose of them quickly.

I don't relish in the idea. It doesn't make me happy and how dare you infer otherwise you short-sighted bleeding-heart.

She committed crimes in a country where death is the punishment. That's their law. You seem to be hung up on justice, the law of the land. Well where she went, what she did is rewarded with death. I agree with that.

So you're saying you don't support justice, just your own perspective of such?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is exactly what extradition agreements are about. Countries want to ensure that their citizens are punished according to their legal principles, whether or not they're on their native soil or not.

Would you be okay with an American woman being whipped for driving a car in Saudi Arabia? Same freaking difference, folks.
    Extradition treaties deal more with with suspects who have committed crimes in one country and have fled to another. Unless you are a diplomat under immunity, if you commit a crime in a country, you face that countries' laws.

And yes, if a US woman went to Saudi Arabia and was charged, convicted, and sentenced to lashings, I feel nothing for her, she knew the laws going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Not everywhere in this universe, just in certain countries.
    Sooooo - still in this universe...no? Or are those countries in different universes? Seems like same planet, same universe, but you seem to know more about this stuff than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Did you ever consider that she's a valuable source of information about the recruitment process? I'd rather have her in Germany where professionals can get an insight into how IS manages to lure teenagers into their scheme than just... killing her. Nobody cares if she's dead or alive, but I think a lot of people care about the information she carries in her head.
    I highly doubt she's as valuable as you think she is. Im sure professionals are already up to speed on the IS recruiting process and what type of deranged individuals fall for it. Killing her and making her another example of what happens when you join IS is likely to be more of a deterant than anything she could ever tell people during a debrief.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    I highly doubt she's as valuable as you think she is. Im sure professionals are already up to speed on the IS recruiting process and what type of deranged individuals fall for it. Killing her and making her another example of what happens when you join IS is likely to be more of a deterant than anything she could ever tell people during a debrief.
    Ok, so here's a girl that thinks it's a smart career choice to join not only an organisation that is standing up to basically the whole world being against them, but that also thinks the latest fashion trends should be about the style of cutlery that you do your beheading with, women are - quite literally - fucktoys that (annoyingly) have the ability to speak and should really just breed more soldiers and that also think blowing yourself up to maximize innocent people's collateral damage is the best military strategy...

And you are telling me that she's going to be deterred because somewhere down the line after all's said and gone, she might get executed? You really think she has the mental capacity to make that connection? Okay then.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither capital punishment nor life imprisonment are good at deterring criminals from criminal activity, but it does a superb jobs of deterring non-criminals from criminal activity, which they avoid to begin with so...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a study that offers proof that capital punishment is a more effective deterrent than life imprisonment on any crime tbh.
    Well, not if you consider the theory that criminals tend to not expect getting caught. Otherwise, why commit a crime? The whole point is to get away with it without being caught.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Neither capital punishment nor life imprisonment are good at deterring criminals from criminal activity, but it does a superb jobs of deterring non-criminals from criminal activity, which they avoid to begin with so...
    This is true. But joining IS isn't really top on the list of "tempting crimes". Nicking something at a store, sure. Why not, opportunity's there, some people might be tempted. Joining fucking IS? You've got to go through some serious effort to even get there geographically.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not if you consider the theory that criminals tend to not expect getting caught. Otherwise, why commit a crime? The whole point is to get away with it without being caught.
    Criminals tend to think very highly of themselves, hence why they are criminals to begin with (not the sole reason of course)
    This is true. But joining IS isn't really top on the list of "tempting crimes". Nicking something at a store, sure. Why not, opportunity's there, some people might be tempted. Joining fucking IS? You've got to go through some serious effort to even get there geographically.
    Well, sure, but you don't get capital punishment or life in prison for stealing skittles, anyway. If you did then no law abiding citizen would ever steal after the first execution.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Criminals tend to think very highly of themselves, hence why they are criminals to begin with (not the sole reason of course)

Well, sure, but you don't get capital punishment or life in prison for stealing skittles, anyway. If you did then no law abiding citizen would ever steal after the first execution.
    Well, I'd hope nobody would steal again after the first execution... *imagines a horde of zombie thieves*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is exactly what extradition agreements are about. Countries want to ensure that their citizens are punished according to their legal principles, whether or not they're on their native soil or not.

Would you be okay with an American woman being whipped for driving a car in Saudi Arabia? Same freaking difference, folks.
    That is really grasping mate,

The punishment should fit the crime, if she spread terror and killed ppl, the iraqis should decide her fate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The SJW's that are heavily present on this board will say otherwise though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'd hope nobody would steal again after the first execution... *imagines a horde of zombie thieves*
    Oh yeah, them zombies ain't afraid of no punishment.