Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same crowd will come in and say the cops should have done something if the speeder ended up running into a day care.

They are really dammed if you do dammed if you dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Watch Cops or Live PD
    Why do you seem to believe that those shows at all reflect reality and aren't very selectively edited to show police in an excessively positive light?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    As other people have said don't run from the police in the first place. You're an idiot if you do and deserve everything you have coming to you. Running from the police is saying you have something to hide worthy of being put in jail for and you automatically become a threat. The police don't know who you are, what you have on you or what you're capable of. You can make a small issue such as speeding into a big deal if you're stupid enough to make it into one. If a cop is telling you to pull over then fucking pull over, do what the cop asks of you and get on with your day. It's fucking as simple as that. Don't be making quick, sudden moves into your pocket either. Should be common sense but obviously a lot of people in this world don't have it.

If people would stop being so fucking stupid and rebellious towards cops there would be less incidents like this. Granted you'll always have that douchebag cop who takes the law into his own hands but they're few in numbers. The actions of one crooked cop doesn't mean all cops are like that. You have to ignorant as fuck if you think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And chances are youll never see them again to arrest them, or if you do, they will just run again and then you gotta let them go again.
    People don't tend to move house to escape a speeding ticket, so generally tracking them down isn't too difficult.

What, now all cops are bad apples who just wanna injure/kill people?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So you are saying.. he ran away?
    Isn't there a charge for that. Something we can use to punish them with law instead of violence?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Youre right!! Every time someone runs from the police we should just let them go. We would catch absolutely no criminals then (except disabled ones, or does rolling away on a wheelchair count as running away and they should be left alone). Everyone can just run away now!

- - - Updated - - -

The Police did NOT break his ribs. He got broken ribs as a result of the accident which he caused by fleeing recklessly.
    So according to you there is no such thing as evidence and we have never caught someone that wasn't at the scene of the crime?

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    last night near me a guy is caught up in a pursuit that was ended by a police officer intentionally pulling out in front of him. the guy has 2 broken ribs, a broken knee and god knows what else. a local article says he sustained life threatening injuries.

all because they wanted to stop him for speeding lol

it's literally all they got him for

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.
    The fuck do you mean by bloodthirsty?

Your claim that police attempted to pull over a speeder is incomplete. He also had fleeing an officer (willful and wanton disregard for the safety of others) which is felony, most likely reckless driving, etc.

Do you honestly think cops in the US sit around pondering how and when they can get the next opportunity to beat up/kill people? The problem here is that we are fostering a population of ignoramuses that would rather not comply with an officers commands and actually seek hostile confrontations because they believe they are exempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    last night near me a guy is caught up in a pursuit that was ended by a police officer intentionally pulling out in front of him. the guy has 2 broken ribs, a broken knee and god knows what else. a local article says he sustained life threatening injuries.

all because they wanted to stop him for speeding lol

it's literally all they got him for

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.
    When you flee from cops (whatever the reason), they have to take the steps necessary to safeguard the population. If that means putting themselves and their vehicle in your path to stop you. They can and will. Nothing bloodthirsty about that in the least.

And the injuries the individual sustained are on him, his actions lead to his injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Absolutely.
    Sadly we have a bunch of idiots who thinks it's justified to beat someone to death if you run from the police.
    It's them bringing us one step closer to fascism.
    Glad you paid attention... they didn't beat him...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You might be aggressive too if literally anyone you interact with could be wielding a deadly weapon. I generally think US cities are underpoliced with good evidence to suggest so. The crusade against them doesn't really accomplish much compared to what it costs even if cops are prejudiced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The point is also that even fracking ISIS is more humane than internet tough boys, since even the most bloodthirsty cleric of ISIS merely advocate to flog thieves or chop their hands off, not shoot them in the head like MAGA boys spent their days begging to.
    When I see 'internet tough boys' caging folks, soaking them in fuel then setting them on fire then I might agree with you, until then I'm going to laugh at you mercilessly

- - - Updated - - -

A very key concept of law and order is that bit called ''the trial'' or that detail called ''law''

Are there laws in the USA that sentence selling 50$ from a bodega with death without trial ?
    I'd ask you to back this up, but I know that all we are going to get is some deranged word salad from you.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

not becoming to blood thirsty in Colorado, letting women shit in public in front of children while jogging in neighborhoods

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you are dimly aware that the law in the USA is not ''death for stealing 50$''

Killing people without trial ''to save the taxpayers money'' is not justice or law and order.
    Still waiting for you to show us where this happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    I don't really know the details of this case
    With all due respect, scratch that, you deserve none. You shoot off your mouth, then you tell us you dont know the details of the case... which proves without a doubt you deserve no respect and dont know a damn thing about what you are spewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You should read the message posted RIGHT BEFORE this one.
    You don't understand that each country has different laws and yogurts. Comparing the two is aspartame.

Sensationalist and troll post.

10+ Year Old Account
    To give an example of an issue beyond people trying to look tough by advocating shooting petty robbers in the head, Canada is likely the only country comparable to the USA in population distribution.

Counting the federal, provincial, municipal and even ''aboriginal'' levels, there are less than 250 police services across the country.

In the USA ? 18 000 (ten times more population, seventy two times more police service.) Rather obviously, most of 18 000 will have rather hodgepodge standards of training and recruitement...
    What a crock of garbage. if you are going to spew garbage, you are going to be called for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    American police have become increasingly more militarized and eager to murder others over the last 70 years, give or take.

Didn't read the topic, just responding to the title.

Most people who become cops are bullies. Those that aren't bullies, either quit, or become bullies. Usually profoundly corrupt with power, ultimate power, especially, to just outright murder someone and get away with it. Some see threats from everything, and are just waiting for the opportunity they get to shoot something, and they just love that, because killing something requires the least effort, the least work, and is the easiest solution to any sort of threat, real or otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

It's scary depressing when people genuinely think this is Obama's fault.
    Didn't read the thread, didn't do any thinking, decided to throw your hate in anyway. Yet another example of opening your mouth and not knowing what you are talking about. Is this going to be a habit with you now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Except for those times the cops murder people who aren't running away or resisting, of course.
    Want to show us how often that happened? you probably can count that in single digits against millions and millions of police interactions with the public on a yearly basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Yeah they are. Not in this case though, but shooting and killing someone who's only armed with a knife is a murder and they get away with it because they are cops. Why don't they use tazers on criminals with melee weapons?
    Suicide by cop isn't murder... its dumbassery on display by the dead guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't aware that the punishment from running away from police was "being beaten up". Strange legal code.
    Who beat him up? Care to back up that statement?

- - - Updated - - -

By comparison, Germany (80 millions people, so one quarter of the USA) has had 10 police killings in 2015 (so about one hundred times fewer).
    So, per capita, it's about 25 times fewer. Not "25 fewer killings", "25 times fewer killing".
    Seems to me there is really a problem, and not just "news media".
    So pack up your training materials, polish off your resume and apply to retrain those officers... Be that hero that you think you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Yes.

The core of the problem is the training. They are taught that everyone is a criminal and to shoot first when the threat is uncertain.

Also the type of people that are hired to be cops are power hungry pigs.

Ever heard of the Blue Line? Just another example of corruption within the police department across the US.

Good cops are almost the minority, and most if not all are complete assholes.
    more cop hate from someone who read the title and decided to throw their hate in as well. Who cares what really happened or why.

- - - Updated - - -

Baltimore does not chase. In fact, Police in Baltimore are never allowed to go more than 10MPH over the speed limit. Police officers in Baltimore themselves have said they always catch them later.

A lot of people die every year as a result of police chases and many of those people are innocent bystanders.
    Yes, and Baltimore has the 2nd highest murder rate in the US. 250 murders so far this year. Seems that the criminals control your city, which is tragic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The threshold for use of lethal force is lower for a cop in the US then for a soldier patrolling in Iraq.

There is your answer.
    Would love to see your evidence for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Cover up....your bias is showing!
    Feels to me like the OP's post could be summed up thus.
    "Cops are bad. Dindu nuffin!"
    Since certain groups like to use rhymes or catchy phrases to get their message out ala "Pigs in a blanket", I'll offer some words in the same vein.

Comply and you won't die.

Works 10/10 times!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not from personal experience.

Show them your ID, get your ticket and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What a crock of garbage. if you are going to spew garbage, you are going to be called for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't read the thread, didn't do any thinking, decided to throw your hate in anyway. Yet another example of opening your mouth and not knowing what you are talking about. Is this going to be a habit with you now?

- - - Updated - - -

Want to show us how often that happened? you probably can count that in single digits against millions and millions of police interactions with the public on a yearly basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Suicide by cop isn't murder... its dumbassery on display by the dead guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Who beat him up? Care to back up that statement?

- - - Updated - - -

So pack up your training materials, polish off your resume and apply to retrain those officers... Be that hero that you think you are.

- - - Updated - - -

more cop hate from someone who read the title and decided to throw their hate in as well. Who cares what really happened or why.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and Baltimore has the 2nd highest murder rate in the US. 250 murders so far this year. Seems that the criminals control your city, which is tragic.

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to see your evidence for this.
    Seranthor, you don't find that 72 times more police services than your neighbor show some rationalization could be done ?

In Québec, most town police forces were took over by the Surêté du Québec (State Troopers) and there was no noticable effect. I mean, it's not a stretch to imagine that 18 000 police services might have very different standards and pratice

10+ Year Old Account
    Seranthor, you don't find that 72 times more police services than your neighbor show some rationalization could be done ?

In Québec, most town police forces were took over by the Surêté du Québec (State Troopers) and there was no noticable effect. I mean, it's not a stretch to imagine that 18 000 police services might have very different standards and pratice
    I find that what works well in one location doesn't always work well in another location. I've lived here 8 years. I dont even have to lock my doors, not on my house, not on my shed, not on my car, and guess what, nothing goes missing. Were I to live in Chicago or Baltimore, obviously that would change. Why? Location. Different locations do and will have different needs. What works for you folks in Canada, obviously doesn't work in other places.

I hope one day, the people constantly bitching about cops, will have someone in their family die because a cop was too scared about public backlash to use appropriate force.