Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exalted with army of the light?

Already saw people with the lightforged mount a few days ago and I'm still sitting at around 5000/21000 revered, I have done all the weekly quests, storyline quests, greater invasions, and about 80% of the world quests and normal invasions. How the hell did they get exalted?

By doing the world quest everyday. I skipped about 6 days so far and I'm at 15.7k/21k revered. Be honest with yourself and not lie about doing everything everyday.

By doing the content mostly.

5+ Year Old Account
    I got exalted by class mission bonuses, did all world quests every day too. I'm too poor for mount but I bought unlimited rune. I wasnt farming any rares really just on the way killed when I saw one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its nerds with like thirty max level alts.

The rep tokens from world quests are bind on account... So they get on thirty different characters, get thirty rep tokens, send them all to their main, voila... And rep token quests have been up several times since 7.3 launched.

I'm not exalted (am close though), and here's how: I didn't do every world quest, didn't do every rep token WQ, didn't bother so much with missions for rep tokens.

I'm willing to bet that anyone not exalted, followed the same pattern to some extent. I'm however doing the Argussian rep WQ's every day, along with the WQ for the rep token across 15 characters when they're up. Mainly because Argussian rep has just been so much slower overall than Army of the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I got exalted by class mission bonuses, did all world quests every day too. I'm too poor for mount but I bought unlimited rune. I wasnt farming any rares really just on the way killed when I saw one.
    Impossible? my class hall missions that give rep only came up like two times, that's 250 x 2 rep

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Impossible? my class hall missions that give rep only came up like two times, that's 250 x 2 rep
    That's weird cause I had those missions everyday or every 2nd day.

Mhm.

- AotL missions give a 250 token AND a 750 token as bonus reward. You got it 2 times, meaning you missed 1500 rep (or more, see below).
    - Some people are playing Human (+10% rep).
    - Darkmoon Faire was up during the release of Argus (+10% rep).
    - A wq was giving 2 BoA tokens (Alts funneling to Main).
    - Lots of world quests you could have missed.
    - Really rare were those people who used the Lightforged unit trick (each turn-in was giving +10rep/900 ressources).

EDIT : And yeah, the other MAIN reason, as some have mentioned, is that last week you had an extra 50% rep from World Quests.
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2017-09-20 at 03:15 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    By doing the world quest everyday. I skipped about 6 days so far and I'm at 15.7k/21k revered. Be honest with yourself and not lie about doing everything everyday.
    Agreed. I already have mine, then again, I was on vacation so it made things a bit easier schedule wise.

It also helps if you do alot of world quests last week because it was world quest week. So instead of getting 75 rep per WQ, you get 112 per WQ (120 if you have racial bonuses). And unlike broken isles, a number of Argus WQ instead of being on 24 hour timer, are on 6/12/24 hours respawn timers so you login once a day you get 75 rep once for 6 hour WQ, but someone who do all 4 6hr WQ that spawns the entire day gets 300 rep.

I only did a majority of the WQs last week when rep was increased. Got exalted on the first day last week.

The rep from the order hall (little over 1k), storyline and last week WQs got me to exalted last week. I'm a human so bear that in mind.

I didnt do the Argus rep class hall missions, is that why the army of the light missions didnt come up?

Wrong. It's 250+750. It's meaningless to do it without getting the bonus rep token. You only did it twice which means you missed out on a lot. If you're a human it's a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt do the Argus rep class hall missions, is that why the army of the light missions didnt come up?
    The argus rep class hall missions give 250+750. If you didn't do those that's a lot of rep your missing out on. Over 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Wrong. It's 250+750. It's meaningless to do it without getting the bonus rep token. You only did it twice which means you missed out on a lot. If you're a human it's a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

The argus rep class hall missions give 250+750. If you didn't do those that's a lot of rep your missing out on. Over 1k.

argus rep also increases army of the light rep?

argus rep also increases army of the light rep?
    What're you talking about? You get army of the light insignias from the missions. There's nothing complicated about it mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Being human gives 10% rep
    2. During the darkmoon fair you could get another 10%
    3. Doing every world quest
    4. Class hall missions for rep tokens
    5. most important, some world quests gave 500 rep worth of BOA tokens, so i did a few of these world quests on my alts. However i could have hit exalted easily 4 days earlier if i got all my alts to do the world quests and not just 4.
    6. for some reason about 12 hours after the daily reset, about 4 or 5 world quests spawn that only last 12 hours, why blizz did this i dont fucking know, but its rather stupid, to have quests only pop up for 12 hours.
    v
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The quests and rep will be there for another 10 months. There's no real reason to rush honestly.

Just came here to say tokens aren't BOA anymore, seems to be a stealth hotfix.

Deleted
    I only miss 500 rep which I will be getting today after work.

We had Darkmoon Carousel bonus at launch of Argus, and I have been using this extensively during the time the event was up (even for rep tokens from missions, where I got a few). Afterwards, we got the WQ bonus event, which also contributed to reputation while doing quests, though not for emissaries or tokens. I wish I could have used the extra reputation bonus for frost mages with artefakt weapon, but this got disabled on Argus.

Edit: My character is a BE mage, so there was no human reputation bonus. I just tried to do every quest which was available (save some profession quests where I did not have the materials), including pet battles, and did all questlines I could. And it also helped a lot that I had 1 week off, so I could prepare some things beforehand and then jump into Argus on Wednesday (launch EU). Also could not mail rep tokens to my main.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-09-20 at 08:22 AM.