Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Nobody. MvCI is not MvC3, not with that roster.
    The only important characters missing are X Men and there ain't shit capcom can do about that until Marvel and Fox stop fighting like school girls.

It's already looking to be much bigger then UMvC3 was from a scene stand point as well...

The non lighted picture makes em look like garbage:

Id be pissed if I got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    But it seems judging from the comments people see no issue in this. So I cannot complain, if you like it more power to you, it's just doing the rounds on websites which is why I thought it interesting to post and that I kind of agree they look like Eater eggs :P
    On no, I don't own the collectors edition, I think $200 is far too expensive for what's there too. How cheap they looked was a common complaint amongst some of the scrubs I bodied people I spoke to who bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Nobody. MvCI is not MvC3, not with that roster.
    It certainly plays like an MvC though. The gameplay is one of the few areas I can't really fault, despite the multitude of other problems the game has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's already looking to be much bigger then UMvC3 was from a scene stand point as well...
    It's a little bit too early to call, lots of games are popular on their launch but quickly fizzle out. Its ties to the MCU could bring in a lot of fresh players who are Marvel fans, which could help it maintain stable online populations, however the lack of crossplay has me worried for the longer term future of the game.

Unless they specifically say the figures are production versions, always assume they're prototypes and the actual ones will look worse. This is a very common occurrence in the anime scale model industry, for example. The prototype sculpt will look amazing, but the production ones never look as good. Granted some companies are better than others at coming close. (IE: Alter is known for always having excellent quality, whereas Griffon is often mocked.)

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It's a little bit too early to call, lots of games are popular on their launch but quickly fizzle out. Its ties to the MCU could bring in a lot of fresh players who are Marvel fans, which could help it maintain stable online populations, however the lack of crossplay has me worried for the longer term future of the game.
    Nothing to do with online at all. I said scene for a reason, there is a lot more hype around TOs and entrants for this game then UMVC3. It helps that capcom actually gives a shit about that now. Marvel 3 was kept alive through grass roots efforts, Infinite doesn't have the same struggle and has legitimate support behind it. All of the marvel gods are behind it, even in a worst case scenario it still ends up bigger then Marvel 3.

I could care less about online population, fighting games have always been about head to head competition literally. There is very little joy out of beating little jimmy playing on McDonald's wifi online. I much prefer going to locals and majors. Even if I don't enter the event, playing casuals there is far more interesting then shitty online play.

Deleted
    Well, it does look like way more like the original Infinite Gems, which is a plus for me.

I could care less about online population, fighting games have always been about head to head competition literally.
    Which is fantastic if you live in an area where you're able to do it. Not everyone does. In my case, I'd be lucky to even be able to grab a few friends, some beer and have a one-off fight night at my house. Lots of scheduling issues, children and geography in the way to make it a reality .

For most, Online play is the "gateway drug" to attending FGC events, and without it interest in most games tends to wither. Having Marvel characters in game is one good way to bring in players who are new to fighting games, and I'd consider online play the best way to transform them from casual fans to the kind of hardcore player who's interested in competiton and who might, someday, attend an FGC event in person.

I'm waiting for marvel vs capcom infinite, ultimate edition. It's always the same shit with these fighting games, a few months after release they re release with more characters added. Learned my lesson, thank goodness I'm old enough to have patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I'm waiting for marvel vs capcom infinite, ultimate edition. It's always the same shit with these fighting games, a few months after release they re release with more characters added. Learned my lesson, thank goodness I'm old enough to have patience.
    You're probably still waiting on Super Street Fighter 5 to come out almost 2 years later amirite?

Capcom is pretty much past the special editions at this point. They figured out they can make money by continuing to sell the base game for dirt cheap and then adding more and more dlc on the pile.

You're probably still waiting on Super Street Fighter 5 to come out almost 2 years later amirite?
    That might already be happening. There have been rumours of a Super Street Fighter 5 floating around for a couple of months now, so who knows? It could be a whole new version of the game, or just bundling the base game and all the DLC into one package.

Though if you are going to wait for the "Super" re-released version of a Fighting game, why not just hold off altogether and get the Super Ultra Mega Extended Bigger Longer Alpha Omega Fire Red: The Return edition instead? At some point, you have to pick a version and just jump in or you miss out altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    The non lighted picture makes em look like garbage:

Id be pissed if I got that.
    You know those actually look like the original Infinity Stones right?

They're not supposed to be faceted gemstones.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

That might already be happening. There have been rumours of a Super Street Fighter 5 floating around for a couple of months now, so who knows? It could be a whole new version of the game, or just bundling the base game and all the DLC into one package.

Though if you are going to wait for the "Super" re-released version of a Fighting game, why not just hold off altogether and get the Super Ultra Mega Extended Bigger Longer Alpha Omega Fire Red: The Return edition instead? At some point, you have to pick a version and just jump in or you miss out altogether.
    You do understand if the rumors are right it's just a free update to the game and another season pass right?(the 3rd one). Nothing new, and they have already done multiple free updates that added modes and released the season 2 pass and bundled it with the base game. If they want to throw a sub title or extra name on it, doesn't change what they're doing.

It's not the old school capcom revisions. The base game still works.

When capcom said they would no longer do "super" editions that's what they where talking about. The fact someone with base SFIV couldn't play with people on SSFIV or later USFIV. Or the same with MvC3 and UMvC3.

If they throw the word super on it's just semantics, because it's nothing like it was before. The base game will always be relevant.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-20 at 10:05 PM.

Reminds me of the Dark Souls 3 LE guide, and that garbage they gave inside.

Pretty much done doing special editions unless the items are made by reputable figurine brands/shops.

You do understand if the rumors are right it's just a free update to the game and another season pass right?
    I do, but until Capcom say something official I'm going to assume they're just rumours. I know they've gone on record as saying SF V is the only version of the game you'll need to buy and I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt on it until we find out otherwise. Supposedly we'll know more about it once TGS is over.

How are people enjoying MvCI so far? I've been having fun than I really should with Ryu's Donkey Kick and tagging in Zangief Haggar for the aerial piledriver. It's a guilty pleasure. Some of the new characters play well too, X especially is the stand out for me, he's like a version of Mega Man that is faithful to his original gameplay and feels immediately familiar because of it. He's got a very simple game plan in playing keep away too, while at the same time having some interesting approach tools and setup potential with his boomerangs. He's got "easy to learn, hard to master" written all over him.

I do, but until Capcom say something official I'm going to assume they're just rumours. I know they've gone on record as saying SF V is the only version of the game you'll need to buy and I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt on it until we find out otherwise. Supposedly we'll know more about it once TGS is over.
    Highly doubt we learn anything about season 3 of SFV until NA finals(with a full reveal at capcom cup/PSX). They haven't even debuted the final season 2 character yet, any SF related announcements this week will be related to that(and probably at SCR, not TGS).

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You know those actually look like the original Infinity Stones right?

They're not supposed to be faceted gemstones.
    The shape is the same but the coloring doesn't have that gem like feel to em like the comics. Unlit they look like just some cheap dimestore easter eggs.

Ok I bought this CE myself today and I must say.

1) The statues are in really high quality IMO, I am really impressed. (Even more so Mega Man's and Iron Man's)

2) The video of the infinity stones do not do them justice. For whatever reason (that may be simple and I don't realize it) recording them fuck's up the color in the video. If you record it really close to the stones you see what they really look like. IMO they look cool as hell.

Overall I am quite happy with my purchase, Even tho they don't look like the image.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-21 at 10:57 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what you get for preordering games, you bought a bunch of plastic shit for 200 bucks.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    That's what you get for preordering games, you bought a bunch of plastic shit for 200 bucks.
    I didn't pre-order mine and I am happy with my plastic shit I bought for $200
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD