Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I hope one day, the people constantly bitching about cops, will have someone in their family die because a cop was too scared about public backlash to use appropriate force.
    In the meantime, we should give a free pass at psychopathic cops who shoot to kill without at least getting the situation right first.

Oh wait, then when we need the cops they will shoot the victims instead of perpetrators first in your scenario. Oops.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope one day, the people constantly bitching about cops, will have someone in their family die because a cop was too scared about public backlash to use appropriate force.
    I wouldn't wish that, however, it would be rather ironic if it were to happen.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

These people being shot by cops are not innocent. They are doing things they shouldn't be doing to get them in these situations and the cops are making split second decisions that people get week or months to dissect. Like the moron with the knife for example; HE HAD A KNIFE! Bladed weapons are considered deadly weapons. A knife wielding individual can get to a person holding a firearm and do significant bodily harm to that person if they are within 20 feet. You may get lucky and get a fatal shot but you are not going to stop their momentum.

As far as all cops being dicks, not true at all. Generally speaking if you are polite, they will be as well. No need for being a smart ass or a dick yourself or expect the same in return. I live in Houston and i tend to have a lead foot. So i get pulled over from time to time. When the cops pull me over I greet them when they approach and hand them my Drivers License and my Concealed Carry License. They will ask if I am carrying, which i always am, so I tell them that I am. Only once have I had an officer request to disarm me until the stop was over and i did as he asked. Not once have I been shot, had a weapon pointed at me or so much as a verbal scuffle with the police. They are doing their job, I am in the wrong by speeding. I have definitely been let off more than I should have been and I truly believe that is because i treat them with respect.

That being said, cops have a lot more restraint than I do. If you break into my home I will shoot first and ask questions later if you are armed or not. I'm not gonna wait for you to shoot first and injure me or my family. Any crime after dark can legally be met with deadly force in Texas so long as you are not committing a crime yourself.

And the bit about cops use of deadly force being less than that of the armed forces is FALSE. We were told that any approaching the gate that failed to follow any verbal command was to be lit up. Suicide bombers don't carry weapons that can be seen and don't look like threats until it is too late. They come in all ages and genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this man certainly had it coming right?

- - - Updated - - -

You hope someone dies for holding the police to a standard?

Is this your way of taking the moral high ground?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Yeah, this man certainly had it coming right?
    You mean the guy that ignored police commands, and got shot? How damn difficult would it have been to follow their commands, then explain who he was and why he was there and then be allowed to deal with the guy?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You mean the guy that ignored police commands, and got shot?

The mentally handicap person with his therapist saying don't harm him it's only a truck?

Irony being the shot the therapist in the end. Who was on the ground following orders.

You mean the guy that ignored police commands, and got shot? How damn difficult would it have been to follow their commands, then explain who he was and why he was there and then be allowed to deal with the guy?
    Here's the thing, for the mentally challenged in the crowd: The police don't get to shoot people for failure to follow commands, even if one were to accept that's what occurred here.

The police are only allowed to shoot when faced with an imminent and credible threat to their own lives or the lives of others. No way on any planet no matter what color the sky is in your world does a guy laying on the ground with hands out and visible constitute any form of threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    The mentally handicap person with his therapist saying don't harm him it's only a truck?
    Why bother to argue with delusional alt-righters?

To them, even if police officers ask you bend over and let them rob you, you must comply or it's your fault if they shoot you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Here's the thing, for the mentally challenged in the crowd: The police don't get to shoot people for failure to follow commands, even if one were to accept that's what occurred here.

The police are only allowed to shoot when faced with an imminent and credible threat to their own lives or the lives of others. No way on any planet no matter what color the sky is in your world does a guy laying on the ground with hands out and visible constitute any form of threat.
    So you are mentally challenged? Good to know, I'll keep that in mind when reading your posts in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

To them, even if police officers ask you bend over and let them rob you, you must comply or it's your fault if they shoot you.
    And here I was going to commend you on something else you said somewhere else, and I realized that you were going to cock it up and shove your head back up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    How many delusional alt-righters have been shot for being "innocent"? You will never win if you argue with a cop. If you feel you have been wronged take it up with the city AFTER the incident has taken place. Most if not all police cruisers have dash cams which footage will prove your case, but if you were a total jackass it will prove theirs.

Like the case with the cop that stated "we only kill black people" granted he meant it as a joke to calm the lady down, it was still wrong and unprofessional, and as such he is no longer in law enforcement.
    Last edited by Maligmus; 2017-09-20 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maligmus View Post
    How many delusional alt-righters have been shot for being "innocent"? You will never win if you argue with a cop. If you feel you have been wronged take it up with the city AFTER the incident has taken place. Most if not all police cruisers have dash cams which footage will prove your case, but if you were a total jackass it will prove theirs.

Tell that to Tamir Rice. A boy who was shot less than 5 seconds after police arrive on scene because he had a toy gun.

Tell that to Tamir Rice. A boy who was shot less than 5 seconds after police arrive on scene because he had a toy gun.
    Can you tell which one is real?

a.abcnews.com/images/US/HT_guns_tamir_rice_01_jef_151228_16x9_992.jpg (sorry can post links, copy and paste it)

now get 20 feet away can you still tell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you tell which one is real?

a.abcnews.com/images/US/HT_guns_tamir_rice_01_jef_151228_16x9_992.jpg (sorry can post links, copy and paste it)

now get 20 feet away can you still tell?
    Carrying a gun = automatic death sentence? Really? You do understand we have a system of laws with defined punishments right?

10+ Year Old Account

One of these is real, the other is what Tamir Rice was reaching for.

10+ Year Old Account

One of these is real, the other is what Tamir Rice was reaching for.

Even if it was a real gun. We have a system of laws with punishments. There is no law that states carrying a gun = capital punishment. Cops are not judge/jury/executioners.

Reaching for... lol He had no chance to reach for anything.

So you are mentally challenged? Good to know, I'll keep that in mind when reading your posts in the future.
    No, you'll be wanting to try that one again. As with previous efforts to read and comprehend, you've utterly cocked it up.

Seems like a trend with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's one major problem with American police: They're not trained in deescalation tactics. You pull someone over, treat them to extensive and invasive questioning, refuse to answer their questions as to why they've been pulled over, give them vague and contradictory instructions without context and then pull a weapon on them for non-compliance when they ask what the hell's going on? Wow. That escalated fast. If only it could have been avoided...

...Wait. Basically all the burden falls on the random person most likely just going about their day. All of a sudden out of left field comes, from their perspective, a random existential threat with the potential to fuck their lives up very quickly. They resent the invasion but they comply. The demands get more subjectively unreasonable. The person being pulled over now reaches a natural breaking point. They weren't prepared to be their own hostage negotiator when they were driving down the street so they havne't got their guard up. They say the wrong thing. Bang.

That's a uniquely American thing. It's also avoidable with people skills, a better attitude and some better judgement on the cop's part.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2017-09-20 at 05:25 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Carrying a gun = automatic death sentence? Really? You do understand we have a system of laws with defined punishments right?
    No reaching into your waistband instead of showing your hands as commanded by the officers does. And for the record, it was a pellet gun NOT a toy gun. So still metal and not plastic. Had he complied with the police commands he would have lived through the event. Instead he chose to reach into waistband for a gun. Toy, pellet, fake, it does not matter. The police have a family to get home to as well and they don't need to wait for it to go BANG before defending themselves.

Like the case with the cop that stated "we only kill black people" granted he meant it as a joke to calm the lady down, it was still wrong and unprofessional, and as such he is no longer in law enforcement.
    Compare and contrast with the handling of actually armed and threat-making white guys flat out daring law enforcement to come at them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupa...ildlife_Refuge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, you'll be wanting to try that one again. As with previous efforts to read and comprehend, you've utterly cocked it up.

Seems like a trend with you.
    I used to think you had some brains and some sense... now I realize I was mistaken... I'll just add you to the growing list of people I openly mock. Good day.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if it was a real gun. We have a system of laws with punishments. There is no law that states carrying a gun = capital punishment. Cops are not judge/jury/executioners.

Reaching for... lol He had no chance to reach for anything.
    That's right, we do have a system of laws and punishments. Perhaps you should revisit the case, listen carefully to the 911 calls and then watch the surveillance videos. Then tell the class why we should substitute your judgement for the officers judgement and the judgement of the grand jury.