Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    The guy is obviously a retard.
    Theres actually an explanation on using DS during the Avatar encounter, cleave on the maiden. But this should allow you to increase your dps, not having a low one. Also, if his weapon artefact level is very low, TV is missing a lot of +dmg%, which can put Blade of Justice ahead if he was the +20% dmg from the 4pT20 and/or doesnt TV properly during his judgement window. Fun fact, some newbies will use Justicar's Vengence to dps, because it does bigger number at low artefact. and it heals themselves so they feel all mighty and indestructible, but they fail to understand that the dmg/HP spent ratio is way better on TV....

Retribution isnt hard to play, but if you don't understand how it should be played, you're more a Retardladin then anything. Same as a Feral druid that doesnt use its Bloody Talon procs, even if specced into it, just to name 1 example.

And you are even more retarded.

You shouldn't ever damage the maiden but when she has the shield up.

My main, and only 110, is a paladin. I mostly play Ret with an average item level of 924. Given that this was LFR, I really don't see the problem here. If that player wanted to dps and heal, my only concern is that I hope they talented Word of Glory along with the DS spam.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    but they fail to understand that the dmg/HP spent ratio is way better on TV....
    When playing with Divine Purpose, a low level artifact and a healer you don't know, that is completely understandable. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seegerts View Post
    I sat there bamboozled AF, thinking, HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO FUCKIN BAD AND STUPID!! Grats on your 99k hps when the 5 healers did 10x that combined.
    So you are saying he basically did half the healing of an actual healer? That's not bad at all.

Deleted
    I see potential in a
    Fires of Justice
    Word of Glory
    Judgment of Light
    Divine Purpose

build with extra healing for good measurement

he's going by wrath numbers give the guy a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    So you are saying he basically did half the healing of an actual healer? That's not bad at all.
    so doing 99k hps and 340k dps at ilvl 883 is not bad at all? that to me is enabling, and enabling is wrong

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    What if i told you that EVERYONE whos a bit older played with the Arrow Keys in other Games ? and whats wrong with it ? Nothing its just different Keybinds
    It severely limits your Keyboard use. It's the entire reason why WASD became the go to keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing LFR Avatar and group didn't kill it in time.

No big deal its LFR,

Conclusion: My anus cringed with that guys reason.
    Something is not quite right...

It's LFR, he can do whatever he wants, and yeah, 400k DPS and 100 HPS for a 880ilvled paladin is ok for LFR
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It severely limits your Keyboard use. It's the entire reason why WASD became the go to keys.
    but it doesnt make you a good or bad player at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    World of Warcraft, the only game where perceived utility is laughed at because loldpsmeters.

Meanwhile in FFXIV my bard is getting his dick sucked by tanks because palisade+natures minne even though I do natively 20% less DPS than samurai. Play a balanced game.
    It is balanced (this ability is anyways, can't say the same for most other things in the game), DS healing is not intended to be used to actually heal people, it's just there for "class fantasy" flavor... Now, if it still healed for 25% of the damage it delt, that would be another thing, but this ain't WotLK, good utility on DPS classes died a long time ago.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-20 at 07:07 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    World of Warcraft, the only game where perceived utility is laughed at because loldpsmeters.

Meanwhile in FFXIV my bard is getting his dick sucked by tanks because palisade+natures minne even though I do natively 20% less DPS than samurai. Play a balanced game.
    Yeah, please tell me more about all those machinist and bard whines. Or AST being garbage "but you have cards !" they said but the devs still ended up having to buff them like 3-4 patchs in a row.

"play a balanced game". pls stop

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    so doing 99k hps and 340k dps at ilvl 883 is not bad at all? that to me is enabling, and enabling is wrong
    As far as logs go that puts him in the 97th percentile in LFR on that fight... even higher when you consider the ilvl.

Besides; Avatar is a pretty damn bad fight for retribution paladins to start with.

they should remove addons that allow such detail of fights.

this is a problem in the game, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    Lfr avatar doesn't have the maiden and is a pure st fight
    Wait what? O_O Lfr Avatar has no maiden? I didn't know as I only do normal or above! That's hilarious!

OT: I love that Paladin, I'd hug him with my arms and legs if I could. He is so funny and cool for using Divine storm like this. Gave me a good laugh!

I bet you are one of those players with zero chill that pulls the boss when half the raid are still making their way to it. Or just stands there saying "go go go ffs". Then when someone dies, you make the point to announce in raid chat why they died and to vote kick them.

It's LFR, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I love how triggered you are OP. I'm going to do that every LFR i join from now on and i hope i meet you, so your anus cringes so much that you actually shit yourself.

I was doing LFR Avatar and group didn't kill it in time. No big deal its LFR, I was looking through details of each player see why they were only doing 400k dps (fuckin afk auto attackers) but then I came across the Ret.

Top dmg was Blade of Justice...odd. Saw Templar's Verdict at 4th ability and divine storm just below. I further investigated why TV was so low when it should be top. Damn guy only did 10 TV's and 60 DS's. I mentioned why the hell did they do so many DS's on a single target fight. His reply was smug as fuck "if you played a paladin you would know why" and i said "I do"

2nd attempt went underway, avatar is killed. This time around he did 60k lower dps, but this time, 93!!! 93!!! DS's and only 7 TV's. I then said "WHY!!! WHY did you do 93 DS's on a single target fight, it's so wrong" again the smug fuck said "seriously dude, if you actually did play a paladin, you would know that Divine storm and wake of ashes heals up to 6 players, learn your artifact levels"

I sat there bamboozled AF, thinking, HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO FUCKIN BAD AND STUPID!! Grats on your 99k hps when the 5 healers did 10x that combined.

To be fair, the game does a rather poor job at explaining how you should be playing your class.
    If you never used guids or played with players that gave you good tips than it sure can take a while to get what you're doing.
    If you also never used things such as damage meters or logs then how would you know you played bad?

It was LFR after all...

BE SO FUCKIN BAD AND STUPID!! Grats on your 99k hps when the 5 healers did 10x that combined.

How exactly does an anus "cringe"?

He wanted to help the team as a support class, that is cute but he is 14 years too late
    There was a time paladins did use their heals and blessings while using a two hander to dps, but that didnt last long

I have a lot better justification for you: you don't pay my sub.

Here are some other reasons for using DS instead of TV:
    - I like to RP a hybrid healer in LFR
    - I like the animation better
    - the keybind is on the keyboard while the TV "keybind" is on a mouse and I'm holding a slice of pizza in my right hand

His reply was smug as fuck "if you played a paladin you would know why" and i said "I do"
    The funniest thing about this thread is a person who requires justification for not optimizing performance playing a ret paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Wait what? O_O Lfr Avatar has no maiden? I didn't know as I only do normal or above! That's hilarious!
    Not as hilarious as Desolate Host having no Desolate Host.