Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    You don't understand that each country has different laws and cultures, comparing the 2 is asinine.
    Wow, that has to be one of the most cowardly and obvious cop-out ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Who beat him up? Care to back up that statement?
    Nah, on this one I think I simply misunderstood the OP. Stupid english using "pulling out" both to mean "dragging someone out of a place" and "putting your vehicle in a place"
    So pack up your training materials, polish off your resume and apply to retrain those officers... Be that hero that you think you are.
    That's a pretty stupid retort.

"we have a police force killing 25 times more guys than other western countries, isn't it pretty serious ?"
    "WELL THEN YOU SAYING THAT SHOULD GO TRAIN THEM !"

Wut ?

Also, I'm not from the US, so if you guys have a trigger-happy police force, the only impact for me is that I'm gonna spend my holydays in a country where I'm less susceptible to get a bullet in the face, that's all.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-09-20 at 07:22 AM.

Nope, just stuff that normally wouldn't get reported on are now and the criminals are always just "good old boys that didn't mean nothing by it" or so it's reported.. cause cop hate is the thing that is in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Nope, just stuff that normally wouldn't get reported on are now and the criminals are always just "good old boys that didn't mean nothing by it" or so it's reported.. cause cop hate is the thing that is in now.
    Why is it that the rest of the world has no issues like that? Aside from developping countries ofcourse...
    You see where ermerica fits in now?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Even if it was a real gun. We have a system of laws with punishments. There is no law that states carrying a gun = capital punishment. Cops are not judge/jury/executioners.

Reaching for... lol He had no chance to reach for anything.
    And a grand jury didn't indict the officers for what they did. On top of that, the prosecution was criticized by several witnesses for attempting to start a nationwide incident.

If you had a job in a dangerous area where acting too slowly could get you killed on a daily basis you might not be denigrating police officers who are already understaffed and underfunded for some of the most dangerous work that protects everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wow, that has to be one of the most cowardly and obvious cop-out ever.

Nah, on this one I think I simply misunderstood the OP. Stupid english using "pulling out" both to mean "dragging someone out of a place" and "putting your vehicle in a place"

That's a pretty stupid retort.

"we have a police force killing 25 times more guys than other western countries, isn't it pretty serious ?"
    "WELL THEN YOU SAYING THAT SHOULD GO TRAIN THEM !"

Wut ?

Also, I'm not from the US, so if you guys have a trigger-happy police force, the only impact for me is that I'm gonna spend my holydays in a country where I'm less susceptible to get a bullet in the face, that's all.
    So let me get this right, you aren't from the US, you have no training, yet you want to pretend you have all the answers on what they should and shouldn't do in the course of a particular incident? That is either monumental arrogance, or legendary stupidity. Which is it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's a reason for why many countries in the EU have the question of "why won't the police use harsher methods?" raised regularly.
    Where did you hear this?
    Do you have a source that it happens regularly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    That's because a much larger percentage of cops are killed by that hostile population than people in the population being killed by the cops. As to the OP: They may have only been intending to pull him over for speeding, but once he ran, that is evading police and carries harsher penalties. The police will go for miles and miles in a high speed chase unless there is a greater risk to the public unless they stop it via blocking. The person who got the broken ribs should have not rammed the cop car when they had perfectly good brakes and could have avoided it.
    And a larger percentage of the police officers chose their job than the percentage of the public that chose to be "population".
    So that one falls flat. Police officers aren't pressed into service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Maybe people should stop expecting the cops to just laugh and say " boys will be boys " when they commit armed robbery...
    Did you accidentially post in he wrong thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    More than a little disappointed by what this thread is about. I was expecting some kind evidence that cops were becoming vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Those who claim he shouldn't have ran away from cops, and by running he deserved broken ribs are ignorant of the basic concept of rule of law. If you speed, you get a fine. If you run away from police, there is also a pre-defined punishment for you, but certainly not police breaking your ribs on the spot.
    .... if they catch you after you run away from them.

Ppl are clearly ignorant of "the basic concept of rule of law". Else they wouldnt run away.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

So let me get this right, you aren't from the US, you have no training, yet you want to pretend you have all the answers on what they should and shouldn't do in the course of a particular incident? That is either monumental arrogance, or legendary stupidity. Which is it?
    I'm pointing that 25 times more killing per capita than other western countries means there is a pretty big problem.
    How you manage to transform this simple, obvious and undisputable fact into this weird string of nonsensical and unrelated claims tends to showcase a terminal case of blind jingoism more than an actual counter.

Deleted
    They might be, but I don't think drastic measures to stop a car chase have anything to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pointing that 25 times more killing per capita than other western countries means there is a pretty big problem.
    How you manage to transform this simple, obvious and undisputable fact into this weird string of nonsensical and unrelated claims tends to showcase a terminal case of blind jingoism more than an actual counter.
    Yet you continue trying to sway me to your side, when you've already admitted you have no training, you have no independent knowledge and no skills at solving what YOU perceive as a problem. Shouldn't you shut your noise hole and let the the Americans handle their own problems instead of trying to butt in?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Yet you continue trying to sway me to your side, when you've already admitted you have no training, you have no independent knowledge and no skills at solving what YOU perceive as a problem. Shouldn't you shut your noise hole and let the the Americans handle their own problems instead of trying to butt in?
    I rest my case. I show a statistically VERY significant anomaly, you try to drown this fact into a lot of internet debating garbage which is entirely devoted to ignoring the actual point.

That's pretty pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no,

Here is the educational piece for you https://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8

It's very simple when you interact with police you shut the fuck up and do what they say, even if you think there is some horrible injustice going on. You don't argue or try bullshit like in OP example.

Afterwards you can take it to the court, but during the interaction you be a good boy/girl and nothing will happen.

Ones who get shot are bullshitters and troublemakers that don't know how to shut the fuck up or do stupid shit like pointing guns at cops, namely that kid who pointed a gun which looks 100% real at cops.

Cops are people too, they don't get paid to be shot by a random moron.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-09-20 at 09:05 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Seranthor, you don't find that 72 times more police services than your neighbor show some rationalization could be done ?

In Québec, most town police forces were took over by the Surêté du Québec (State Troopers) and there was no noticable effect. I mean, it's not a stretch to imagine that 18 000 police services might have very different standards and pratice
    The number of police services says nothing of significance. As you say, most of Quebec is covered by one 'force' (and one that actually has a bad reputation for being racist, somewhat brutal, and more than a little rapey). Much of the rest of Canada is covered by the RCMP, whose standards do vary significantly from area to area. This is merely a different organizational style, and says nothing about the actual policing needs of the areas in question.

As for the original incident, if someone is fleeing the police in a car, that's a fairly serious situation. A car is a very deadly object. It doesn't matter what they originally wanted the guy for, once he's fleeing in his vehicle he's a danger to everyone on or near the road. The police also have very limited options when it comes to stopping a moving vehicle, and none of them are without risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yeah no,

Here is the educational piece for you https://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8

It's very simple when you interact with police you shut the fuck up and do what they say, even if you think there is some horrible injustice going on. You don't argue or try bullshit like in OP example.

Afterwards you can take it to the court, but during the interaction you be a good boy/girl and nothing will happen.

Ones who get shot are bullshitters and troublemakers that don't know how to shut the fuck up or do stupid shit like pointing guns at cops, namely that kid who pointed a gun which looks 100% real at cops.

Cops are people too, they don't get paid to be shot by a random moron.
    So answer me this question: Do the USA have more death by police than any civilized country because the population is inherently more prone to crime or because there is something wrong with the law and law enforcement? Or maybe it is karma and the whole nation gets punished for crimes in a past life?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cops are as bloodthirsty as the public they are protecting and originating from.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    I rest my case. I show a statistically VERY significant anomaly, you try to drown this fact into a lot of internet debating garbage which is entirely devoted to ignoring the actual point.

That's pretty pathetic.
    So you've shown a statistic... what are you going to do about it except pontificate on a video game website. That is some class A activism and surely will do something about changing it... If you truly believe that your blathering is doing anything then you sir, are the pathetic one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So answer me this question: Do the USA have more death by police than any civilized country because the population is inherently more prone to crime or because there is something wrong with the law and law enforcement? Or maybe it is karma and the whole nation gets punished for crimes in a past life?
    The answer is yes. More questions?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    US have more death by police, because:
    1. US has more people than any other western country
    2. Every US citizen including the cops are Exceptional people
    3. They have free access to guns
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The cops are as bloodthirsty as the public they are protecting and originating from.
    So you are arguing they are a randomly picked subset of the public?
    I find that hard to believe.

Still if that is true, then the point of not enough training still stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    US have more death by police, because:
    1. US has more people than any other western country
    2. Every US citizen including the cops are Exceptional people
    3. They have free access to guns
    "Exceptional" certainly seems to be true, but it also seems not to be a good thing in many cases.