Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Thanks for the warning. You stopped me from pre-ordering Legion and re-subbing.
    Your loss. Even if you dislike Argus, the Broken Isles are worth questing through.

Argus is garbage.

Deleted
    Well for me TI was great because it had 2 world bosses which have been accessible all the time (at least, when you had the cloak on one character), many rares to farm, gear catch up for alts and it was relatively easy to get around on a land mount, because there has been only 1 bottleneck to get to the upper area, but besides that, all was fine. It was also a beautiful place, though full with elites who have been quite dangerous to undergeared characters (and had special mechanics which had to be managed).

Argus on the other hand is still a pain to navigate, even though I already know the place and how to get to things, and it feels very disconnected due to teleports and whistle. Also, the WQ nature of rares is a bit annoying, especially since you only can get loot once a day. Yes, if the rare is a WQ you get a special bonus and rep, but if this rare is not a WQ, then it's probably not even there. Only positive is that you can switch to an alt to get another shot at a mount or such, it's still somehow annoying. Just like having to do the questline on each and every character to unlock new followers etc.

BTW why cannot we get new followers with the Follower app?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Didn't know it was decided Argus was a failure, thanks for the info.
    Just look at the overall reception of Argus. It's not even lukewarm.

(I know some will come and argue that players who like it don't come to the forums... that's wrong)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Your loss. Even if you dislike Argus, the Broken Isles are worth questing through.
    They are and that's what's a bit sad. Legion 7.0 and 7.1 are great. Karazhan is great. But 7.2 and 7.3 have been very bad and bad, respectively. I really don't know why there is such a huge drop in quality. Legion started very good and Karazhan / Nighthold and the early Mythic+ were the peak of Legion, quickly going down after 7.2.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    ~slash s = /sarcasm

(I did specify pre-ordering an already released expansion)
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-09-20 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved MoP... but Timeless Isle was pretty awful. The only thing I liked about it was how some of the elites were proper dangerous for a while.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know TI was a success.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To name but a few:

Timeless Isle:
    Looked cool, nice theme.
    Easy to navigate.
    World bosses placed really well.

Argus:
    Looks like ****, more fel and rocks like Broken isles, looks like Tanaan without any vegetation (I realise Mcafee is different but it's hardly interesting either).
    Ebolaids to navigate.

Deleted
    the zones are just frustrating, quest is near but then you must run to other side of the map to find the right path, its just stupid the way they plan these zones nowdays

i liked that timeless isle was good for gearing alts quickly to join in the raid finder fun. argus, not so much...

To each their own I suppose, but I think Argus is vastly superior to Timeless Isle.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    Both zones were blizzards feeble attempt to have an Isle of Quel'danas, both Argus and Timeless Isle are failures in that regard.

That being said, Timeless Isle was crap compared to Argus in my opinion, the whole MoP expansion was crap in my opinion so I might be a bit biased. When on argus I have stuff to do, I have a story line that was really enjoyable, world quests are fun (While they're a challenge to do solo). But Argus will wear off, and become the same grind the rest of the game has become.

All Argus needs is a reason to farm a currency like Bloody Coins and it beats TI imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    First of all the sense of wonder and excitement out of timeless isle and lore reasons why you go there each week. There were actually mini games that kept the content fresh. A sense of actual community when a rare spawns you had to rely on people on your own servers to see when and where a rare was going to spawn. Compared to Argus where we have world quest that can be done in less then 5 minutes. No immersion in the world. The rare spawns are boring to take down. There is so much CRZ in these zones. The fel green is really whaning on me and unappealing. The zones are a pain to nevagate
    "What made Timeless Island a success, and Argus a failure"

I'd say the answer is your opinion, in both cases.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    i liked that timeless isle was good for gearing alts quickly to join in the raid finder fun. argus, not so much...
    Yeah, at least TI was alt friendly. Doing the Argus story quests on all alts just for the WQs feels overwhelming, paralyzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Please, no one take the bait.
    Read this and then glanced how many pages this thread had.

...I wasn't surprised

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    To name but a few:

Timeless Isle:
    Looked cool, nice theme.
    There wasn't a single new piece of scenery in the timeless isle. It was all recycled art assets from elsewhere in Pandaria. It was basically a smaller, less interesting version of jade forest.

Easy to navigate.
    I'd say a good 30% of the island was either inaccessible or pointless. The only entrance to the upper level of the island was via running as fast as you could through elite mobs that could charge-daze you if you drew their ire.

World bosses placed really well.
    You only needed to get to them once a week. How "well placed" can a boss be when it's just sitting smack dab in the hub of the island?

Argus:
    Looks like ****, more fel and rocks like Broken isles, looks like Tanaan without any vegetation (I realise Mcafee is different but it's hardly interesting either).
    It feels appropriately ravaged for a legion homeworld.

Ebolaids to navigate.
    Blame no flying.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I like argus much more than TI. TI was over after 2 weeks. Argus has repeatable content. You may not like WQs but they are something to do and advance your character.
    That is exactly what I like about Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    My 104 Priest would disagree. I currently have about 30 tokens waiting in the mail for when I hit 110 that will fill every slot (plus extras for TF proc chance). Not to mention plenty of other armor type tokens sitting in my alts bank.

Plus the fact if you play said alt for a few days in Argus you can get 910+ ilvl which can get you into more than just Raid Finder...

Timeless island was a success?