Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I realized that my reason for playing the game is enjoyment. I can't dedicate the time needed to have every collectable. Therefore, I decided to focus solely on pets as it was the easiest of the 3 to gather a majority of and you can actually do something with the pets.

Having said that, I just don't care if they make something stupidly hard as I know eventually I will get it. Also, if the next xpac doesn't improve things for my enjoyment drastically...I am done with WoW. Looking at my friends list I'd say that includes a lot more people than just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    TL;DR, new pirate rep toys are making players go crazy for a single toy, highlighting Blizzard's control over their addiction. I'm starting to realize the direction of the game is going in weird desperate places. The new Blizzcon mounts are good indicators that Blizzard has gotten desperate since they know that a larger majority of players will buy the Virtual Ticket for the mounts than previously before with measily pets.
    They don't have any invisible hands on any players throats regarding this. You want it, and should be yours to obtain but tough, not everything is the same nor should be.

With the pirate flag, it is people raging that they have to get to work to get it + there's a current bug and blizzard has acknowledged that.

With the Virtual Ticket, you want it, you go get it.

In the end, NO ONE is forcing you. If you feel forced, then you should most likely stop playing. If you feel that it is an addiction and you MUST have it, then you should most likely stop playing, and maybe seek council.

And if you question, I am getting two virtual tickets (one for me and one for my wife), not only for the mounts but as well for BlizzCon and other goodies.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have never understood the addiction for collection. Mounts, pets, toys, wardrobe, reputations, achievements, all those things are pointless to me. Hope the game won't go too far into that direction.

Deleted
    I will only bother with that toy if they introduce another achievement above the one providing the mount, which would provide another mount or at least a pet, and have exactly 1 toy missing from achieving this. When I read the announcement about that toy and its requirements, knowing that I would not coming home til 11 p.m. because work and my Pathfinder pen&paper session, I just laughed to myself and decided to ignore this thing. I am also not that much into pirates, though Outlaw rogue is one of my favorite specs.

Besides that, I think that we need a bad luck protection on rare mount drops counting kills across all characters and setting the chance up 1% for every kill when the mount does not drop, so you get it for 100% after your 100th kill. I am sure I have more kills of LK 25 HC and still have to see Invincible drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I have never understood the addiction for collection. Mounts, pets, toys, wardrobe, reputations, achievements, all those things are pointless to me. Hope the game won't go too far into that direction.
    Well, these things are "forever" in the game, while gear / stats only have temporary value, which is greatly diminished by the current system of random gear upgrades, which renders gear obsolete fast if you are lucky. Also, it's an RPG, and these things are important for customising your character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been subbed for awhile and I'm still having a hard time breathing. Get your hands off my throat blizzard!

In-Game collectibles likes Pets, Mounts and Gear have been a huge deal in not only WoW bot must MMO's for decades. Players LOVE collecting things, and I'm one of those types of players. I get a lot of fun in doing so. Now with the inclusion of the Toy Chest in WoD, there are even more things to collect.

Blizzard knows very well that many of it's player-base plays the game primarily for collecting things. A lot of resources go into mounts pets and other collectibles and players enjoy it.

Starting in MoP, the inclusion of World Boss mounts that drop at a sickening 0.1% drop chance was introduced, and some players today are still slaving away weekly at a chance to get them, many of them wanting freedom at this point.

But with Legion, I've seen a more different approach by Blizzard. They know a lot of players will do anything to get a limited time or limited window item, even if it's something they care nothing about. For this new pirate toy, 99% of players wouldn't have even given a shit about the pirate rep.... until today. Now I'm seeing 30+ groups of Bloodsail rep farms for a single toy collectible in the pre-made group finder. Players are going mad to ensure they get this toy or will have to wait until next year. I have had the Insane title for 2 years, so getting the new pirate Toy was as easy as purchasing it from the vendor.

Another approach from Blizzard in this expansion have been the paragon caches that drop mounts. They know that many players will stay subbed until they get these damned things, and will profit from it.

With this new pirate event, it has become clear to me that Blizzard has its hands and control all over a large portion of the player base and its starting to make me realize that I might not see Blizzard face to face anymore.

TL;DR, new pirate rep toys are making players go crazy for a single toy, highlighting Blizzard's control over their addiction. I'm starting to realize the direction of the game is going in weird desperate places. The new Blizzcon mounts are good indicators that Blizzard has gotten desperate since they know that a larger majority of players will buy the Virtual Ticket for the mounts than previously before with measily pets.
    and what is bad about this ? i mean farming for insane title was retarded slow - this way people are least have fun while doin it.

there is no downside to this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Blizzard understands that many of its players play to collect things and enjoy it. So they provide things to collect. And this means that "Blizzard has their invisible hands on player's throats involving in-game collectibles".

That's a remarkable leap of logic.

I enjoy Netflix. How fucking dare they keep providing a steady stream of new shows and movies because they know I enjoy watching them. Ha ha ha. Jesus, these people.

Players are perfectly capable of using their brains to do stuff they want to do and it's their choice to decide what they want to collect.
    You've modded these forums long enough to know that this statement is false.

Deleted
    My only issue is with the MoP world boss mounts, I think the drop chance is ridiculous when you consider none of them ever required effort or skill. They should just make all boss (raid and world) mount drops like 1.5% or something across the board and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to collect ALL pets, mounts and achievements. For a while, I nearly had every single one in all 3 of those categories. But now there's just too many out there, and I just don't have enough time any more to farm those things.

But so what...? I just moved on and now I pick up the stuff I think is cool and don't bother with the grinds I don't have time for or don't care about. I can't exactly blame Blizzard for putting out loads more collectibles just because I don't have the time to get them all.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You don't. So long as you have the Avast Ye, Admiral FoS you can just go to the npc and he'll sell it to you.
    Can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    My only issue is with the MoP world boss mounts, I think the drop chance is ridiculous when you consider none of them ever required effort or skill. They should just make all boss (raid and world) mount drops like 1.5% or something across the board and be done with it.
    Yeah, Sha especially is really bad. Doesn't wowhead say like 0.03% or such?

Deleted
    Blizzard are not responsible for policing your OCD. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions. You'll find this is good advice for life outside the game, too.

"...invisible hands on players throats"
    - I mean, seriously? This melodramatic hyperbole by itself tells me the issues are definitely on your end.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a weird way to feel. Instead of viewing yourself as powerful enough to make proper choices, you complain that some of the choices you have are unfair while ignoring the fact that you don't have to buy shit if you don't want to.

That's going to hurt you down the road man, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    This is a weird way to feel. Instead of viewing yourself as powerful enough to make proper choices, you complain that some of the choices you have are unfair while ignoring the fact that you don't have to buy shit if you don't want to.

That's going to hurt you down the road man, lol.
    The people on these forums are aspies without self control. It's always been glaringly obvious.

Deleted
    Those bastards ... making you do stuff in the game so you can feel "satisfied" about collecting things. And on top of that having some them rarely drop.
    I knew something was fishy about mounts and toys. I'll uninstall the game and unsub ... or wait .. what are you actually complaining about? Cause other than the Blizzcon mount, those aren't negative points.

Blizzard knows very well that many of it's player-base plays the game primarily for collecting things.

"Less than one percent of active player-base".
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Its only a toy, it will be a shitshow if it was a mount. If they want ppl to do things just attach a mount to it. But just funny to see someone go mad on blizz forum they dont have time to get it

Threads like this are why the forums are not taken seriously.
    Jesus fucking christ.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, these things are "forever" in the game, while gear / stats only have temporary value, which is greatly diminished by the current system of random gear upgrades, which renders gear obsolete fast if you are lucky. Also, it's an RPG, and these things are important for customising your character.
    What's the point collecting things you won't use?

Legion is all about player engagement. Just made a video on it on Sunday. Sad but true.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV