Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    You are not forced to do anything lol. You can play with grey sword from vendor if you dont want to do artifact Q and content for AP. Now you can even get rare weapon for lvl 110!!!!
    Yes, it does. It doesn't mean that you cannot resist it. You can. But it does force you to do everything. You are expected to do everything if you want to be on top of your game. You can decide not to, sure, and not be on top. But the game does force you to.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yes, it does. It doesn't mean that you cannot resist it. You can. But it does force you to do everything. You are expected to do everything if you want to be on top of your game. You can decide not to, sure, and not be on top. But the game does force you to.
    If you want to be on TOP its your decision and you want to do things to be TOP. But you are not forced by game to do anything.

There is only one thing game "force" you to do. And that is character creation.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-09-20 at 10:19 AM.

Argus is one of the best content patches they've ever made. Nice try though.

Long respawn timers of "rares", such as those in Timeless Isle, I absolutely hate with a passion...

Give me 1 minute respawn timers with a daily chance at items any day!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    If you want to be on TOP its your decision and you want to do things to be TOP. But you are not forced by game to do anything.
    The game FORCES you to do everything IF YOU WANT TO BE ON TOP, instead of letting you do just the thing you want to be on top of. And majority of players wants to be on top of their game. That's why they play the game to begin with. So the game forces them to do everything. They complain.

Go ahead, fail to understand again. Tell me how people don't even need to play the fucking game.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2017-09-20 at 10:39 AM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    ARGUS is AWESOME.

People who say "before was better" are just BLINDED by nostalgia of old content.

I think some folks are misremembering Timeless Isle. It really wasn't as loved or enjoyed at all.

Sure it offered stuff to farm, sometimes with incredibly low drop rates. So, it kept you busy sort of. But that didn't make it a success.
    It was cramped.
    It was lore-wise bland and added nothing to the main plot.
    The "main challenge" was a hard and uninteresting rep grind.
    It relied heavily on gimmicks.

Don't get me wrong.
    I didn't hate it. There were definite things to enjoy. But if you're praising it over Argus, then I think you're remembering it wrong. And people had plenty of complaints about it at the time too.

Argus sucks. Farming RNG gear with RNG stats to use in the RNG crucible to get yet more RNG. The rares are forgettable. The story so far is poor and much if it is just dumb. The terrain sucks. Invasion points are worthless. Treasure chests are better then invasions. The problem is Argus is not as rewarding as TI.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    To me, TI was entertaining cause of the pvp system, you could just kill who ever you wanted to and the map itself was fairly small, you saw ppl everywhere since there was so many rare spawns aswell, close to eachother. it had multiple world bosses aswell. I haven`t played after Argus released but it seemed decent when i tested it on PTR. I don`t really play the game for world content anyways, instanced content is what i like the most. So yeah, i don`t really care if Argus terrain is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The game FORCES you to do everything IF YOU WANT TO BE ON TOP, instead of letting you do just the thing you want to be on top of
    If you want to be on TOP, you should be doing everything. But since all of this is vague, lets be a bit more specific -

You want to be the best DPS in the raid - why shouldnt the game require you to do ALL AP WQs, as many M+ as possible, clear all difficulties? If you choose not to do EVERY possible thing to be the best, you dont deserve to be the best.

You want to be the best pet battler - you should go and get the strongest pets, if they come from raiding, you raid. if they come from professions - you level it up. Store pet is the most OP thing? Farm gold and buy it with gold.

Everyone plays the game with a certain goal in mind - the requirements for the goal have changed and the player must keep up with the times. I used to raid hardcore and doing raids was more than enough to have the best gear. That is no longer enough, therefore I have 2 choices - either I live up to the challenge set by Blizzard to do as much of the content as possible, or I change my goal to be the best raider I can be.

People complain because they refuse to adjust to the system set by Blizzard, the people who, if they want to, can tell you the next expansion is the last.

Your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Of course you would say that. Gotta love the failed pseudo-intellectuals posing as devil's advocates.
    It's 100 percent true and needs to stop.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Argus isn't bad on my main, but when I get to the lesser played alts that don't have a tank spec, I have a strange feeling I'm going to like Timeless Isle more.

Either way the terrain sucks balls, when it comes to that I'll take TI any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people loved Timeless Isle so much... it was just kill rares for some toys, grind mobs for reputation, kill frogs for coins, gank people on your faction for PvP coins, kill more rares...

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Because world quests suck and Argus is full of them.
    They are no different to daily quests except you don't have to pick them up at an NPC and turn them in at an NPC. I don't particularly love either of them but lets not pretend 1 is somehow superior to another. I realise you didn't directly make the claim that daily quests are better but that is basically the content that they WQ's have replaced.

You can't compare the two. Argus is a major content patch, TI was made for fun. You should compare Isle of Thunder to Argus. TI was a unique experiement, with 100% casual elements.

Ask me IoT > Argus. Argus has a better story but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Argus sucks. Farming RNG gear with RNG stats to use in the RNG crucible to get yet more RNG. The rares are forgettable. The story so far is poor and much if it is just dumb. The terrain sucks. Invasion points are worthless. Treasure chests are better then invasions. The problem is Argus is not as rewarding as TI.
    In what way was TI more rewarding ?

It certainly wasn't from a gearing point of view... You get 910 gear from Argus while TI had no equivalent to that. There was an equivalent of unsullied tokens which were no more and no less rewarding than unsullied tokens (nice for alts in both cases).

There were rares that dropped toys, pets and other random things (exactly the same as the Argus rares).

There was a boring rep grind with really poor rewards (far worse than what the 2 Argus reps reward) and the argus rep grinds are far less grindy... In fact i'm already exalted with Army of the Light and im only 3 or 4k away with Argussian reach.

And to top it off there were almost zero quests on TI and even less story... A couple of grindy daily / weekly quests is all there was.

Oh and Argus has treasure chests too.. they have the same boring currency reward that TI treasure chests had along with the boa armor tokens (same on TI and Argus).

Only thing I really dislike with Argus is the annoying lava ravine in the middle of Antoran wastes. If the islands that you hop across were a little larger it wouldn't be so much of a pain.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-09-20 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    First of all the sense of wonder and excitement out of timeless isle and lore reasons why you go there each week. There were actually mini games that kept the content fresh. A sense of actual community when a rare spawns you had to rely on people on your own servers to see when and where a rare was going to spawn. Compared to Argus where we have world quest that can be done in less then 5 minutes. No immersion in the world. The rare spawns are boring to take down. There is so much CRZ in these zones. The fel green is really whaning on me and unappealing. The zones are a pain to nevagate
    You spelled, "My self important opinion is the rule of law for Blizzard games" wrong. Your thread title is basically every CNN article, ever. Assumed morality and assumed authority on a topic.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 100 percent true and needs to stop.
    No, having "too much to do" isn't a complaint. It's a telling sign that you lack self control.
    Do you go to mcdonalds or whatever fast food restaurant and say "you guys have too much food on the menu, of course I'm obese?"

Deleted
    Argus> T island /thread

Deleted
    it's hard to even start on that subject because there is so much bad design in argus that it hurts. all cross realm stuff and bad world design and boring quests and all that stuff. it's an endless list.