Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's going on with Lupul in Toronto? From what I gather he's accusing the Leafs of purposely failing his medical so they can keep him on LTIR?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    What's going on with Lupul in Toronto? From what I gather he's accusing the Leafs of purposely failing his medical so they can keep him on LTIR?
    He isn't healthy enough to play in the NHL, he isn't passing the Leafs physicals, that is why he is accusing them of cheating the system in order to keep him on LTIR.

So does he have a doctor that says he is healthy enough and team is just saying nope, or is it just his opinion that he is ok?

And Josi is the next Captain ( although the belief is he only got it because Ellis got hurt and they didn't want the new Captain out for months on end ).

10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time a Canadian team won this? Seems a little pathetic if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    When was the last time a Canadian team won this? Seems a little pathetic if you ask me.
    When's the last time a team with less than 50% Canadian players didn't win it? Congratulations to the 23/30 teams located in the US whose management put together a team of Canadian players to win them the cup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    When's the last time a team with less than 50% Canadian players didn't win it? Congratulations to the 23/30 teams located in the US whose management put together a team of Canadian players to win them the cup?

That's besides the point but you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    So does he have a doctor that says he is healthy enough and team is just saying nope, or is it just his opinion that he is ok?
    Lupul clearly made the implication with his comment but instead of going to the NHLPA and getting a second medical opinion unaffiliated with the Leafs he's Donald Trumping it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/leafs/comme..._lupul_he_has/

It really is too bad because we have some good offense that would be even more dynamic if Lupul came back with 75% of the talent he had before his last injury and was only used on our 4th line & PP.

- - - Updated - - -

That's besides the point but you're right.
    What's the point then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lupul clearly made the implication with his comment but instead of going to the NHLPA and getting a second medical opinion unaffiliated with the Leafs he's Donald Trumping it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/leafs/comme..._lupul_he_has/

It really is too bad because we have some good offense that would be even more dynamic if Lupul came back with 75% of the talent he had before his last injury and was only used on our 4th line & PP.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the point then?
    Are you serious? The point is that it's ironic (in a sad way to some degree). A sport that was invented by Canadians - yet the Stanley cup has been sitting on US soil for over two decades.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-09-20 at 12:00 PM. Reason: grammar

Are you serious? The point is that it's ironic (in a sad way to some degree). A sport that was invented by Canadians - yet it's been sitting on US soil for over two decades.
    Basketball too, but we never had our one Canadian team win a championship in the NBA.

The sport is being grown in the US for financial reasons with a heavy majority of teams there and a lot of stupidity in those managing Canadian teams (Edmonton/Toronto plagued by it until 2-3 years ago), everything about Vancouver is awful now, Winnipeg didn't re-exist until a couple of years ago, Quebec lost their team the year they would have won the Cup, Montreal & Ottawa are teams dependent on 1 player, and Calgary has been either slightly above/below average for a long time.

Not sure why it really matters in any way, shape, or form. If my team is eliminated, I'm usually rooting for a US team to win it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Winnipeg was a train wreck of a team that they got from Atlanta. It took until last year to finally get a healthy franchise out of it. It was like for a lot of the Canadian teams for awhile. Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver carried the dream for a long. Now it's time for the other teams to step up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Man, Winnipeg was a train wreck of a team that they got from Atlanta. It took until last year to finally get a healthy franchise out of it. It was like for a lot of the Canadian teams for awhile. Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver carried the dream for a long. Now it's time for the other teams to step up.
    Winterpeg is still a trainwreck. I don't have any faith in that D core or goaltending. Only way they make the playoffs is the 2nd wildcard spot imo.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to think that the Devils are actually a legit team now. Nico Hischier is looking like he is legit too. Here is hoping that it isn't just training camp luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Starting to think that the Devils are actually a legit team now. Nico Hischier is looking like he is legit too. Here is hoping that it isn't just training camp luck.
    Avalanche were 6-0-0 last preseason and look where they ended. Preseason is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Avalanche were 6-0-0 last preseason and look where they ended. Preseason is meaningless.
    Especially considering you really need to look at who they are playing against. We had a game where we didn't play that well, but there wasn't a single of the Big 4 playing and our #1 center was Jarnkrok.

I think our line up from last game (besides backup goalie and extras) will be our main roster moving forward (not like there was too much competition). No idea what Leivo or Kapenen will need to do to earn a spot other than wait out a trade or two. Aaltonen and Rosen have impressed so far. Really hope Moore isn't given the spot over Aaltonen from how he's played so far in pre-season.

Also, Gallagher cut Rosen's neck a bit last night; not intentional, but the guy needs to keep his skates on the ground before he murders someone.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2017-09-26 at 02:41 PM.

I still couldn't tell you what the Preds line up is going to be lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I will do my season prediction when I get home from work. See where everyone will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I will do my season prediction when I get home from work. See where everyone will be.
    Long day?
    /10char

The Caps won't lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

Because they may not even make the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long day?
    /10char
    36 hours of work in just under 3 days. Fun time to be had. Monday is my first day off in 19 days. I am so looking forward to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, easiest place to start is the West.

Central:
    1. Chicago
    2. Nashville
    3. St. Louis

Pacific:
    1. Anaheim
    2. Edmonton
    3. Calgary

Wildcard
    1. Minnesota
    2. Winnipeg

I think Chicago will be the number one seed in the west with Nashville close behind. I believe the 3 slot, along with the two wildcard slots will be interchangeable. I don't expect St. Louis to be a great team this year. They will be a good team, just not great. Anaheim will do enough to win the division but I don't believe they will do enough to make it out of the second round. Minny fell off a cliff offensively and defensively last year after a great start. Only Dubnyk bailed them out otherwise they would have missed the playoffs. Winnipeg has too much talent to miss the playoffs. San Jose and Los Angeles will continue to decline.

The East.

Atlantic:
    1. Toronto
    2. Montreal
    3. Ottawa

Metro:
    1. Washington
    2. Pittsburg
    3. New York Rangers

Wildcard
    1. Boston
    2. Carolina

The East was a bit more challenging to pick. The top three for both division was easy. Picking the Wildcard spots were taking a shot in the dark. I can definitely see Toronto taking the Atlantic. Just because the division isn't a great as it once was. Montreal is struggling for offense and relies way too much on Price. So much so that if Price goes down, that team is going to be near the bottom of the league. Ottawa is the king of adversity, they will make it through no matter who is injured. Washington will win the President's trophy again and play Carolina in the first round. They will make it to the second round only to lose again. Columbus can't be Cinderella again and will miss. The Islanders will miss the playoffs again and Tavares will leave the Isle out of frustration with his line mates not getting signed. I don't trust Buffalo and Philly's goaltending for them to make it.

Hardware.
    Hart/Lindsay: Matthews (for getting Toronto to first place in the Atlantic)
    Richard: Liane (the Jets will have to outscore if goaltending becomes an issue)
    Art Ross: McDavid (I don't think anyone will put up as many points as him)
    Vezina: Price (Montreal makes the playoffs, it is because of this man)
    Calder: ? (I wanted to say Nolan Patrick, but it might be a who is that player winner this year)
    Norris: Karlsson (unless any defencemen plays out of his mind, it is Karlsson's to lose)
    Jack Adams: Babcock (baring any team going Cinderella)

End of season hot take. Tavares will not go back to the Islanders. There is something very wrong with how that team is run. Tavares will weigh his options of teams to go to. If LA misses the playoffs again, Drew Doughty will go to free agency when he is able to.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2017-10-03 at 12:03 AM.