Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Does anyone know if legendary bad luck protection builds up even if you got all legendaries? I just got all legendaries for my class(Warrior) and why I'm asking is because if they add future legendaries I want to have best possible chance for my main spec.
    don't think they'll add any more legendaries tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Daitan View Post
    I'm 1 off from getting all legendaries for one of my specs. I was wondering, what happens if I get all of them and keep my loot spec to that spec? Will it be impossible to loot any legendaries with that loot spec? If so, that's rather inconvenient if I want relics for that spec but also want a chance at legendaries (for the other specs).
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I've asked this question numerous times, and no one's given a straight answer to it... never mind ever getting a blue response.

Someone's mentioned that you HAVE to change loot spec if you want to get Legendaries for other specs, which is just plain stupid.
    Legendaries are spec specific for the most part, some are multispec. If you want a specific one for another spec you need to swap specs.

Sure it sucks but it can't be helped we can't have everything perfect.

Seeing as you have most of the legendaries, and it's roughly a week to two weeks of full content for another, why don't you switch to the loot spec you need, grind out the earlier raids, mythic 0s to 4ish (Lower level mythics, even titanforfed relics Ill assume will be useless for you), stock up on relinquished gear and go with your gut when to start using the relinquished gear tokens?

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if legendary bad luck protection builds up even if you got all legendaries? I just got all legendaries for my class(Warrior) and why I'm asking is because if they add future legendaries I want to have best possible chance for my main spec.
    I doubt we'll get any more, but if they add a wave of new legendaries it might be a safe assumption your BLP will reset? I don't see them letting x amount of the player base with max legends grind out their BLP for months leading up to it, which would guarantee them getting a new one pretty quick

Haven't got any Legendaries since I maxed my mainspec.

Never remember to switch loot spec so I haven't gained any BLP towards OS loot either :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Legendaries are spec specific for the most part, some are multispec. If you want a specific one for another spec you need to swap specs.

Seeing as you have most of the legendaries, and it's roughly a week to two weeks of full content for another, why don't you switch to the loot spec you need, grind out the earlier raids, mythic 0s to 4ish (Lower level mythics, even titanforfed relics Ill assume will be useless for you), stock up on relinquished gear and go with your gut when to start using the relinquished gear tokens?
    When you have all (non-crafted) legendaries for one spec, the next legendary that drops for you will be for one of the other 2 (1) spec(s) randomly. This was introduced with 7.2.5.

When you have all (non-crafted) legendaries for all specs, Bad Luck Protection will not stack any more. I had that before 7.2.5 and did a LOT of legendary-awarding content after i had all and then once 7.2.5 dropped, it still took another week of doing all legendary-awarding content till I got the new one. Again, this is anecdotal evidence, so take it with a grain of salt.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was a necro'd thread, but since its open again I want to post an update to things that other people were saying earlier in here (and is no longer true). If you are capped on all legendaries for a given spec, you will begin to receive legendaries for your offspecs. For example, if you are a holy paladin and have everything already, you might be healing a raid, get a nice holy trinket off the boss and a ret legendary at the same time. You do not need to change your loot spec anymore to continue getting legendaries.

However, if you want to target a specific offspec (and don't happen to be a DH), you will need to switch loot specs to whichever one you are farming legendaries on.

Good luck in your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Not switching to an off-spec of your choice I can confirm that when you get all legendaries of your current [main] spec it'll randomise for either off-specs still in "need" of legendaries....

I main a shadow priest, off-spec as holy... forgot to set loot type from Shadow to Holy... gotten a legendary TWICE for disc...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-20 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    This was a necro'd thread, but since its open again I want to post an update to things that other people were saying earlier in here (and is no longer true). If you are capped on all legendaries for a given spec, you will begin to receive legendaries for your offspecs. For example, if you are a holy paladin and have everything already, you might be healing a raid, get a nice holy trinket off the boss and a ret legendary at the same time. You do not need to change your loot spec anymore to continue getting legendaries.

However, if you want to target a specific offspec (and don't happen to be a DH), you will need to switch loot specs to whichever one you are farming legendaries on.

Good luck in your hunting.
    This is true.

I have accumulated all the legendaries for my spec and left it on ret spec loot for a while and did crack open a holy legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    don't think they'll add any more legendaries tbh
    They added the netherlight crucible legendary ring that comes with 7.3.5. Not sure if that counts but that's another one.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have every legendary for fury and with loot spec left on fury I got the arms hands.

I got survival legendary (Nesingwary's Trapping Treads) with MM loot selected last week. (I have all MM and BM legendaries)

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    They added the netherlight crucible legendary ring that comes with 7.3.5. Not sure if that counts but that's another one.
    I believe its a guaranteed one for killing last boss in Antorus. But yeah nice necro thread

Deleted
    Easy, just run loot master and switch specs for bonus rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    No. It's my understanding that's a reward from a quest to kill the last boss in Throne, so doesn't affect bad-luck protection similar to buying BoE legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    I believe its a guaranteed one for killing last boss in Antorus. But yeah nice necro thread
    Didn't necro shit someone else did but who gives a fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    No. It's my understanding that's a reward from a quest to kill the last boss in Throne, so doesn't affect bad-luck protection similar to buying BoE legendaries.
    Gotcha. Didn't know how we obtained it, missed that info. Ty

I feel like its safe to assume you won't have any more new lootable legendaries this expansion (the ring on 7.3.5 is a quest chain if im not mistaken), and 'bad luck protection' most surely won't apply to possible new ones next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I've asked this question numerous times, and no one's given a straight answer to it... never mind ever getting a blue response.

Someone's mentioned that you HAVE to change loot spec if you want to get Legendaries for other specs, which is just plain stupid.
    No you dont, have got all elemental ledge's, got a healing one last night in ele spec.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Someone in my guild said that if you had all the legendaries for one spec, your next legendary drop would correspond to whichever spec you had most artifact points in.

No idea what his source was, as he was talking to someone else in our discord and I was focused on something else at the time.
    Hunter in my guild has all the legendaries for his spec (beast mastery). Got a legendary for survival out of the blue, without loot spec changed (apparently). Don't know if its because of artefact points but everyone lol'd in guild chat so.. thats that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daitan View Post
    I'm 1 off from getting all legendaries for one of my specs. I was wondering, what happens if I get all of them and keep my loot spec to that spec? Will it be impossible to loot any legendaries with that loot spec? If so, that's rather inconvenient if I want relics for that spec but also want a chance at legendaries (for the other specs).
    I've read a few replies, and they're just flat out wrong. Not sure if people are misinformed or just making sh*t up, but they're all wrong.

I know several friends who have all of their legendaries for their respective main spec. After that, you can still leave it on your main spec, but then you will be awarded randomly a legendary from the other specs. IE. If you have all of the Frost DK legendaries, you will get blood or unholy legendaries randomly while still having your loot spec as Frost. You only need to change your loot spec if you have zero desire to have say a blood legendary, or unholy, etc.

I'm still looking for it, but there was a blue post in our discord that also explained this situation as well. Once I find it I will edit the post and link it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You start getting random legendaries for your other specs.