Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    And when they ask you to prove where that money comes from? (they do here)

You'll just tell them it's from stolen wallet?
    You can literally make anything up..it's pretty hard to fact check cash given to you.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    A gift from my loving granny. She just wants to make her grandson happy.
    It's fine to make up any sort of tale, but there needs to be proof for that fairytale too

I once took cash to bank, and luckily since I knew one needs to prove where it's from, I was able to show them pay receipts from work.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You can literally make anything up..it's pretty hard to fact check cash given to you.
    Not at all. "do you have written testimony from the person you claim to have received the money from? Yes or no?"
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-09-20 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I also would tell them to fuck off anyway. It's a bank, not a judge hearing. Where that money comes from is none of their business.

- - - Updated - - -

It's fine to make up any sort of tale, but there needs to be proof for that fairytale too

I once took cash to bank, and luckily since I knew one needs to prove where it's from, I was able to show them pay receipts from work.
    That sounds quite STASI to me.

I recently put over 10k on my savings account, nobody looked at me twice. Just a warm thank you for giving us your money.

See this? This is called getting raised RIGHT!

OP, stop being such a poor sport. Never take what's not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    That sounds quite STASI to me.

I recently put over 10k on my savings account, nobody looked at me twice. Just a warm thank you for giving us your money.
    I think it's quite fine. Why would the banks need to take money obtained by doing crimes? It's evident that some would have no problem with that, which is their own choice, but why would the banks need to take part in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I left my phone on a checkout counter for a min and someone swiped it. They used it to text my gf asking for irl sex in exchange for the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    LINK HERE

Anyone else think this kid is a tool and an idiot for doing that? Does he not know that the iPhone X is coming out "soon" and will be $999? Not to mention he could have bought a Switch, Xbox One, or even a PS4 after getting the phone. What a friggin idiot if you ask me!
    No, I think hes a good upstanding young man and we need more like him and less people like you.

Anyone else think this kid is a tool and an idiot for doing that? Does he not know that the iPhone X is coming out "soon" and will be $999? Not to mention he could have bought a Switch, Xbox One, or even a PS4 after getting the phone. What a friggin idiot if you ask me!
    Don't worry kid, you'll grow out of this phase if your parents don't fail you on the way to being a grown up.

Not at all. "do you have written testimony from the person you claim to have received the money from? Yes or no?"
    At which point i'd say does anyone have written testimony for money given to them? And if they still won't cash it i'll just deposit it in an atm 200 bucks at a time.

There's literally nothing a bank can do to stop me from using/depositing that money if I try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather a tool than a thief.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

If my only path to getting things is to hope to find a wallet and then use someone elses shit to get it than I know I need to work on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had 3 pair of glasses stolen out of my car a different times. All three of them were Ray Bans costing $250-350 and were all prescription glasses (one was prescription sunglasses). I was livid that someone came inside my car and took something that someone else couldn't even freakin use. This kid found money and could have used it. He's a tool for not doing so.
    You're a tool for leaving expensive things in your car. Considering all the wallets and purses you've stolen or dubbed "finders keepers," I'd say anything that you lose to theft or otherwise is merely a healthy dose of karma.

There, I bit the bait. I couldn't resist dammit.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    That's not how the world works. It's irrelevant how much money someone has in their wallet; it's not yours, and stealing it is not okay.
    I can't believe we even have to argue about this, it should be basic decency.
    they lost it, it's not anybody's until you find it. then you get to decide who's it is.

being without money sucks. not being able to do what you want, afford basic shit sometimes. these idiots were going to use that money for some stupid feast, they don't need it.

I think it's quite fine. Why would the banks need to take money obtained by doing crimes? It's evident that some would have no problem with that, which is their own choice, but why would the banks need to take part in it?
    You are always interested in nobody knowing how you make your money. It's just a matter of principle. A bank should be a highly secretive place, and as long as we're not dealing with big sums of investment money, the bank should not bother their customers by forcing them give up sensible information as per default.

Naturally a bank can ask questions about the source of the money for anti money laundering reasons. Already for the bureaucratic reasons alone this should only start at higher sums, though. For me that would be from 20.000€ and upwards for single deposits or when "unaccounted" larger regular payments are recognized.

I like countries where it's still up to the state to figure out whether or not you are doing something wrong and where it's their job to prove your guilt, instead of being put under immediate suspicion for essentially nothing. I am simply not a fan of the glass citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I've done the same thing. Why is this a news article?

Honestly, knowing how much of a pain in the ass can be to replace all your cards and IDs you might have in your wallet, I'd try to return it to the owner as soon as possible.

Using cards is just stupid. Those can be tracked. As far as cash I would never take cash like that it affects someone too much. Would I take untraceable money from a bank? Possibly they have insurance.

How is this news? I once found a suitcase containing 2 million in gold bullion and returned it to the vault that lost it.

10+ Year Old Account
    LINK HERE

The real tool here is the OP for suggesting the teen should buy a shit phone.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they lost it, it's not anybody's until you find it. then you get to decide who's it is.

being without money sucks. not being able to do what you want, afford basic shit sometimes. these idiots were going to use that money for some stupid feast, they don't need it.
    since when did losing something mean you relinquish ownership of it? what the fuck are you even talking about?