Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Why does not Europe share the burden of immigrants evenly?

Every country gets a quota of how many they are required to take in, cheaper that way i'd imagine. Besides, these people really need help, it's a hellhole down there. Besides, we kinda caused it, should clean up after our own messes.

Frankly, this does not look like a serious question, just an attempt to start a fire. "Every country should", "cheaper that way", "we caused it", bla bla bla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because EU member states can not agree on how large the quotas should be. Some are fine with hundreds of thousands of "refugees", others want none at all or a few hundred at most.

Easy answer, about 90% of so called "refugees" will do everything to get to either Germany/UK or Sweden. They are not interested in other options. That should sum up this topic, you can make conclusions on your own I hope.

Deleted
    the problem is, many countries just say "NO"... like america or sweden i think,... germany for example has a few millions, america not even 100k, i think... the nazis even go so far to say we should take NONE at all, because ~1% of them are terrorists...

EDIT: and yes, they just like to go to germany, because we have no law against burkas and stuff like poland has... germany is nice, rest sucks ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Because EU member states can not agree on how large the quotas should be. Some are fine with hundreds of thousands of "refugees", others want none at all or a few hundred at most.
    Isn't it a little bit xenophobic to only take in a few hundred? Talking about the politicians.

Because some Europeans still have their bal.... "ahem" , resolve, and refuse to bow to Brussels's command to sabotage their own nations.

Those people may really need help, but so what? Parliaments and presidents are elected to represent their nation's best interests, not the feefees of hard Left traitors.

If there's anything that will break the EU ( or at least freeze it at its current size) its this ridiculous humanitarian impulse that puts foreigners interests ahead of one's own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    If there's anything that will break the EU ( or at least freeze it at its current size) its this ridiculous humanitarian impulse that puts foreigners interests ahead of one's own country.
    Same for the US, with important nuances.

Because your country and other USA minions were actively trying to build regressive, nationalistic states in the Eastern Europe to fight the Soviet Union. Now you are left with those regressive and nationalistic states and should learn to deal with it.
    They didn't join EU to be your junkyard or exile colony, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Same for the US, with important nuances.
    Perhaps, although I'm skeptical. Americans identify with their federal union in ways that I feel are hard for Europeans to understand. It's been around quite a bit longer, and the question of whether or not it can be left was settled rather violently some time ago.

Why should refugees be accepted? I'm all for massive amounts of foreign aid for these refugees, aslong as they stay in their countries.

Why not go and extinguish the conflict over there once and for all then help these people rebuild their lives in their own country? But nah, it's way more profitable to keep a smoldering conflict raging for years and decades, easier to sell guns that way.
    e
    Not to mention that a huge chunk of the so called refugees are not even from Syria but are just economic migrants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Every country gets a quota of how many they are required to take in, cheaper that way i'd imagine. Besides, these people really need help, it's a hellhole down there. Besides, we kinda caused it, should clean up after our own messes.
    Which mess did "europe" create, could you re-iterate, please.

Or by extension, what mess did Finland create in regions where the refugees are arriving from, that it has to take responsibility for its actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Which mess did "europe" create, could you re-iterate, please.
    Middle east.

Middle east.
    Do elaborate.

Deleted
    Middle east.
    What exact event are you talking about? Less conjecture so that I might understand you better, please.

Middle east.
    You are clearly baiting to start a flame war or just absolutely clueless. The Middle East was destabilized over decades by the CIA before the 2 Gulf wars, and even then that was 80% americans on the "good guys" team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Do elaborate.
    Providing weapons and arms, vehicles of all sorts, boots on the ground, political plays and bombing them.

Providing weapons and arms, vehicles of all sorts, boots on the ground, political plays and bombing them.
    Specific events, please, and their causes.

It would appear that someone is finally off of his most recent ban.

Deleted
    Beacuse Germany thinks everybody should obey them.

Its not Polands fault Sweden and germany is getting flooded, its their own.