Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Could someone more versed in the matter than me lay out with some detail as to why a rising global population is a problem, why it is europe's or north america's problem to deal with primarily?

I get why it COULD be a problem but it isn't right now and I haven't seen any stats showing that it will be anytime soon either, all this talk of re-colonizing, or superimposing upon european countries with populations from ostensibly much poorer and less educated regions of the world is unnerving.

Especially when coupled with this armchair professor/politician attitude people have displayed in this thread, like talking about reducing the worlds population by over half, sterilization, eugenics as if this is a sims game, I just want to know where the conviction comes from. What did you read that made you so dead sure that this needs to happen?
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-09-20 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Mass immigration to a country that in the last 5years has cut over 10-thousand jobs and has the biggest number of unemployed people ever. We don't need more people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Could someone more versed in the matter than me lay out with some detail as to why a rising global population is a problem, why it is europe's or north america's problem to deal with primarily?

I get why it COULD be a problem but it isn't right now and I haven't seen any stats showing that it will be anytime soon either, all this talk of re-colonizing, or superimposing upon european countries with populations from ostensibly much poorer and less educated regions of the world is unnerving.
    Lack of resources. Humans spend ridiculous amounts of non-renewable and renewable resources, faster than even the renewable ones can refresh. If all of the 3rd world suddenly jumped into European living standards with their current population, we would instantly run out of fuel and food.

If global standard of living is gonna rise, global population needs at least stagnate, if not get lower.

replace the father and family and decent job conditions and free market with welfare state and this is what you get
    even in northern europe were you can have plenty of babies comfortably they dont breed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Lack of resources. Humans spend ridiculous amounts of non-renewable and renewable resources, faster than even the renewable ones can refresh. If all of the 3rd world suddenly jumped into European living standards with their current population, we would instantly run out of fuel and food.

If global standard of living is gonna rise, global population needs at least stagnate, if not get lower.
    I see and understand what you are saying but show me some evidence that (as you put it) the 3rd world is rising to an european standard of living and that it's unsustainable.

It's easy to just pitfall yourself into believing this argument because it is plausibly sound, though I am yet to see anything concrete suggesting anything you're saying and I have been lied to enough by people with a vested interest to see me scared of these matters to not trust it on face value.

All in all I just want to read the things you've read to see what convinced you, because thusfar i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Happy, educated and well-off people have less children and have them later.
    No. The elites, truly well-off and educated, have many children.

Only the richest proletarians and petty bourgeois are affected by that.

Deleted
    Damn millennials...

Too busy eating avocado toast and not spending enough time making babies

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Damn millennials...

Too busy eating avocado toast and not spending enough time making babies
    Millenials killed babies!

...wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So how many kids do you have?
    I'm pretty sure he made a joke and it flew over your head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Slavery is freedom!
    What about creating men with uteruses so they can get pregnant and carry a child to term? Men only have to jerk off and women get to do all the rest and then men complain about having to pay child support or such. Yeah, right, place the blame on women. When it's the men who ditch their older spouses when they want to have some younger cunt on their side or whatever. When men are not faithful, women start to live without them.

Beside that - we have also this thing called automation. So we will not even have enough jobs for people to pay rents for the elderly. We need taxes on automated workplaces / corporations who replace workers with robots and/or AI and these should be supporting the rent.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    >implying young adults today have money
    Not all of us chose gender studies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Sigh, Tennisace taka a crap on Finland becuse there low ther fertility rate are 1.57 but ignoring that Canadas fertility rate are at 1.6 (2015)
    I've seen lots of articles about Finland's impending doom. Just about none about Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just open the flood gates of refugees. That will surely fix everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go Canada.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...rsist-statscan

Better get fucking or open the refugee gate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You really do like to try and be in everyone ELSE's business instead of your own... Tell us, how many First Nation women went missing today? How many were murdered? How many Haitians did Pierre's whelp throw out today? Minding everyone else's business means that other people have to mind yours for you. I am sure you dont mind.

But OT, She's right, they DO need more people to fund their welfare state. Cause its all fun and games until you run out of people to leech money from.
    But it is my business? I'm a human first and foremost and I care about my fellow brothers and sisters. If I see a problem in Finland with an easy solution, shouldn't I put it forth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    But it is my business? I'm a human first and foremost and I care about my fellow brothers and sisters. If I see a problem in Finland with an easy solution, shouldn't I put it forth?
    Your solution isn't a solution. It creates more problems than it solves.

Deleted
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-baby-problem

Well...at this point you really do need immigration to keep the welfare state going. Not much else you can do. Can't force Fins to have babies. Hopefully they do the right thing.
    You never need Immigrant, you need the system to adapt to the people, not for the people to die off for the system.

Let's make this perfectly simple, We don't need so many people. Let Old people die off, let new people focus on smaller families, This is the ideal, not a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't your business. You dont care about your 'fellow brother and sisters', elsewise you wouldn't be trying to lead them into destructive behavior. Finland's problem is Finland's business. They already take in 2x the immigrants than your country does, Yet you chide them to do what your country does... in order to do it the Canadian way they would have to reject 1/2 of the immigrants they let in. Is that REALLY what you want them to do?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    No it isn't your business. You dont care about your 'fellow brother and sisters', elsewise you wouldn't be trying to lead them into destructive behavior. Finland's problem is Finland's business. They already take in 2x the immigrants than your country does, Yet you chide them to do what your country does... in order to do it the Canadian way they would have to reject 1/2 of the immigrants they let in. Is that REALLY what you want them to do?
    I find this 2x number rather dubious. Was this ever proven?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find this 2x number rather dubious. Was this ever proven?
    I understand math is hard for some people... But I'll help you anyway.

http://statistics.migri.fi/#decisions?start=560&end=571 from this you can see that Finland took in 82,682 people in the last year...
    http://www.worldometers.info/world-p...nd-population/ Finland's population is 5,527,609

82682/5527609 gives you a gives you a number of 0.01495800444 or 1.495%

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2016/index.asp Canada took in 271,000 people in the last year
    http://www.worldometers.info/world-p...da-population/ Canada's population is 36,698,852

271000/36698852 gives you a number of 0.00738442717 or 0.738%

you are right... 2x is wrong... Finland takes in 2.02x what Canada takes in.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I was more latching on to your post for a general bitching session. Fair point though. I also agree that there is enough land, food water etc to support 7 billion IF we solve distribution issues.

There is a finite cap though. I don't know it it's 7, 10 or 12 billion but there is a cap.
    yeah, IMO....the whole "overpopulation of Earth" is kinda a myth. Sure there is a cap of how many ppl can Earth sustain, but I don't think we are even on half that number. The problem like you said is distribution.

Tokyo with its metro area has same population as Canada. You can pretty much take whole population of Earth and put it in North America with density of about 4 ppl on 1 hectare (2.5 acres) of land....and thats a pretty big chunk of land for only 4 ppl. Earth is a big place, ppl are the problem