Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reminder:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said it had no evidence to support the unsubstantiated claim made in March by President Donald Trump that his predecessor, Barack Obama, had ordered a wiretap of Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential campaign.

There has never been any evidence to support Trump’s assertion on Twitter that “Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory,” despite continued insistence from some conservative websites and commentators.

But in a court filing late on Friday, the Justice Department added itself to the list of entities debunking the allegation.

The FBI and the Justice Department’s National Security Division “confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described” by tweets from Trump posted on March 4, the department said in a court filing in Washington.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1BD0UO

Note their specific denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, calling it out for what it is, is enabling. Not cuddling, justifying and ultimately ignoring that you do? The reason this continues and even got to this point is people like you. Who think it's better to speak out in cuddling and excusing blatant lying, as just a normality. It isn't... it's not republicans vs democrats either... you are justifying liars, because you believe speaking out is enabling them? No, you have normalized them... you have made lying normal part of a side...

- - - Updated - - -

Even when he was fired? Just before the victory?
    Shaming never works. Trying to stomp an ideology never work.

Remember the afro-american who became friend with KKK members and made them leave because they came to the conclusion they were wrong? I do.

Remember when nazism was stomped to death, never to be seen again? Didn't quite work out did it?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    You're essentially defending the Stasi, I'm merely pointing out reality.
    If you were genuinely interested in reality you'd have refrained from embarrassing yourself so often by misquoting and/or blatantly lying over statements and facts. You have no credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hay anyone seen Venant? I hope he is alright

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Trump supporters are celebrating that Trump hired someone who was watched by the government for his dealings with Russia.
    Redhats: "Manafort was barely involved with the campaign. He was there for like 1 week, that's it."

Also Redhats: "Manafort was wiretapped. See this proves that the entire Trump campaign was wiretapped."
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Redhats: "Manafort was barely involved with the campaign. He was there for like 1 week, that's it."

Also Redhats: "Manafort was wiretapped. See this proves that the entire Trump campaign was wiretapped."
    Idk, Manafort having office in Trump Tower and being wiretapped technically counts as Trump Tower being wiretapped.

It is all battle of technicalities with everyone firmly staying on their prior positions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I see you're parroting infowars like a good little sheep.

"There was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president, president-elect, candidate or campaign"

I don't see Paul Manafort in there anywhere.

Try again, sheep.
    Yea Paul manafort was never in the campaign lul

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    If you were genuinely interested in reality you'd have refrained from embarrassing yourself so often by misquoting and/or blatantly lying over statements and facts. You have no credibility.
    Ok mr alt account, nice argument

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Idk, Manafort having office in Trump Tower and being wiretapped technically counts as Trump Tower being wiretapped.

It is all battle of technicalities with everyone firmly staying on their prior positions anyway.
    Trump said it was just before the win. By then, Manafort was already fired, due to his connections to Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

You're essentially defending the Stasi, I'm merely pointing out reality.
    Quote me defending the Stasi. I think we live in two different time lines. Mine is better!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yea Paul manafort was never in the campaign lul

- - - Updated - - -

Ok mr alt account, nice argument
    This is my real account, donk. Nice strawman. No wonder you've been embarrassed into strawman arguments by everyone in this thread.

I bet if you pick one word out of every news article you could create any story you desire.

This is why news is clearly, yes, fake news.

LuL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Shaming never works. Trying to stomp an ideology never work.
    Shaming liars, is how you stop people from lying. You don't ignore lying and just hope it stops. There is no cop showing up telling him to stop. You are being irrational...

Remember the afro-american who became friend with KKK members and made them leave because they came to the conclusion they were wrong? I do.
    Are you comparing lying to racism? Wtf?

Remember when nazism was stomped to death, never to be seen again? Didn't quite work out did it?
    Because people like you kept your mouth shut. Because people like you want to treat it as normal. You think a solution is sending them a black man to learn from. Wtf?

Lying and racism isn't the same. Trump lied, why bring up racism and Nazis?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Twitler's rabid fanbase are now twisting this into "Manafort was part of the campaign and called Trump Tower that time, therefore, the campaign and Trump Tower were wiretapped".

Manafort was monitored since 2014. The wire taps continued as he was invited into the campaign, as their legal warrant allowed. Claiming the campaign was wire tapped is an intentional misrepresentation of the facts, and what's funnier, in such a way that being monitored for collusion with the Russians would actually count as a win somehow.

Trump said Obama ordered a wire tap of Trump Tower.

Trump made that claim with no evidence. Nothing in this thread changes that. Trump flat-out made stuff up, and now, his rabid fanbase is desperately looking for a way that Trump somehow didn't lie again, to the point that they're using evidence of treasonous behavior by people Trump hired on purpose.

Is that Bargaining? How far down the stages of grief are we?

Trump said it was just before the win. By then, Manafort was already fired, due to his connections to Russia.
    Manafort was still writetapped into 2017 even when he no longer was part of campaign, and he still held office in Trump Tower.

So, again, technically Trump Tower was writetapped from before Manafort became Trump's campaign manager until something like February 2017; that includes any moment before Trump win (no matter how you define it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I like how Twitler's rabid fanbase are now twisting this into "Manafort was part of the campaign and called Trump Tower that time, therefore, the campaign and Trump Tower were wiretapped".

Manafort was monitored since 2014. The wire taps continued as he was invited into the campaign, as their legal warrant allowed. Claiming the campaign was wire tapped is an intentional misrepresentation of the facts, and what's funnier, in such a way that being monitored for collusion with the Russians would actually count as a win somehow.

Trump said Obama ordered a wire tap of Trump Tower.

Trump made that claim with no evidence. Nothing in this thread changes that. Trump flat-out made stuff up, and now, his rabid fanbase is desperately looking for a way that Trump somehow didn't lie again, to the point that they're using evidence of treasonous behavior by people Trump hired on purpose.

Is that Bargaining? How far down the stages of grief are we?
    Yeah, I pointed this out earlier. They are admitting that Trump hired someone who was under investigation for involvement with Russia, years before he got with Trump's campaign. It explicitly explains that Trump campaign would be investigated due to hiring Manafort. Was Manafort the one who convinced Trump to hire Flynn?

- - - Updated - - -

Manafort was still writetapped into 2017 even when he no longer was part of campaign, and he still held office in Trump Tower.

So, again, technically Trump Tower was writetapped from before Manafort became Trump's campaign manager until something like February 2017; that includes any moment before Trump win (no matter how you define it).
    So, you are defining any apartment in Trump tower, as Trump's wires being tappped? That's McCarthyism? Wow...

So, you are defining any apartment in Trump tower, as Trump's wires being tappped? That's McCarthyism? Wow...
    That is technically true.

Do you understand what technically true means?
    And how it is different from being completely true?

That communication with UAE and their visit with subsequent unmasking most likely happened through someone in Trump Tower as well; and as it was intercepted clearly they were wiretapped at that point too.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that they certainly were under surveillance for one reason or another? Do you define "Trump tower being wiretapped" as "Trump himself being wiretapped because they were investigating him specifically"?

In struggle of technicalities it would be nice to see which technicalities you hold dear from your side.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-09-20 at 03:40 PM.

This is my real account, donk. Nice strawman. No wonder you've been embarrassed into strawman arguments by everyone in this thread.
    Every single one? Oh sweetie

10+ Year Old Account
    That is technically true.

Do you understand what technically true means?
    And how it is different from being completely true?
    Yes, one is a lie and the other isn't. Is that technically true? What you are trying to say is that it's not really true. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22

Every single one? Oh sweetie
    Your post is the buttery male equivalent of taking down your pants and grabbing some ankle. Not interested in this thread's sloppy 63rds, though.

Yes, one is a lie and the other isn't. Is that technically true? What you are trying to say is that it's not really true.
    No, technically true means it is true in general but false in implied context; or that parts are true but overall message/conclusion is false.

Nothing to do with Catch-22.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-09-20 at 03:47 PM.

Your post is the buttery male equivalent of taking down your pants and grabbing some ankle. Not interested in this thread's sloppy 63rds, though.
    Are you implying there's something wrong with homosexuality? Are you also attempting to slutshame me at the same time? The reeducation camps are gonna have heir work cut out for them

- - - Updated - - -

The liberal progression

1. He wasn't tapped >>>> 2. Only his campaign manager for tapped! >>>> Soon it will be he is obviously a Russian agent if he was tapped.

Maybe he should tap Obamas phones, just to make sure he isn't a Russian agent