Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So, Blizzard provided 'something to do' and now they are puppet masters pulling the strings of these poor, unfortunate souls that simply cannot produce a modicum of self-control and in no way chose to do this 'something to do'.
    Got it.

Just be glad that all this nonsense and noise is for cosmetic stuff.
    If you don't want to do the things or pay the price, then just... don't.
    Not really that hard, because in the end, if you collect every single silly thing in the game at the cost of tedium and painfully boring grinding, what does that amount to?
    I mean, if you don't have fun doing it, then what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I still don't see your point. Collecting is part of the game and the harder the item to get is the more prestigious it is.

I don't see any direction blizzard is taking. I see the same thing since WotlK.
    I see the same since Vanilla with the Timbermaw Vanity Wand and Winterspring/Un'goro mounts.

People are just stretching pretty far in their petty attempts to moan about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Must be shocking to you that people can voice their opinion and feedback on both the official and a fan site at the same time.

And your typical fanboy response. "Don't like it? Fuck off!".

Pretend no issues exist, everything is perfect. Any games company would love people like you.

And for the record, I never claimed I didn't enjoy WoW... so get that idea out of your ass please.
    You can't give feedback on a fan site, you moron.

And yeah, game companies love players like me. The ones who give constructive criticisms on their avenues of conversation, stops playing and tells the little orc why when I unsub, yeah.

Anyway enjoy your echo chamber of retarded opinions, which is what these forums are a breeding ground for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I see the same since Vanilla with the Timbermaw Vanity Wand and Winterspring/Un'goro mounts.

People are just stretching pretty far in their petty attempts to moan about the game.
    I prefer a guaranteed end goal after your commitment, not the current RNG that are Paragon mounts... 13k WQs and nothing to show for it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I'd love to know the mindset that leads to feeling compelled to farm a collectible item inside a game that you don't even want to play
    This.

Don't enjoy yourself? Act like a human of free will and just don't do it. Blizzard will, obviously, keep making the game with the mindset of "people want to login and play!". They don't have anything close to your throat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It's really weird, cause it's just a fucking flag. But yeah, if you are a collector, you wanna collect everything. You could say the same thing about achievements. So many people wasting time on getting dumb, pointless achievements.
    Playing the game is "dumb and pointless" by default.

Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    So, Blizzard provided 'something to do' and now they are puppet masters pulling the strings of these poor, unfortunate souls that simply cannot produce a modicum of self-control and in no way chose to do this 'something to do'.
    Got it.

Just be glad that all this nonsense and noise is for cosmetic stuff.
    If you don't want to do the things or pay the price, then just... don't.
    Not really that hard, because in the end, if you collect every single silly thing in the game at the cost of tedium and painfully boring grinding, what does that amount to?
    Amen.

These people should stick to Candy Crush. But I suppose they'd then spend cash on boosters against their will as they begun failing the levels...

I prefer a guaranteed end goal after your commitment, not the current RNG that are Paragon mounts... 13k WQs and nothing to show for it still.
    I agree,

I'm a big fan of extremely grindy reps like Timbermaw, Skyguard, Shaohao, Laughing Skull for the same reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    In-Game collectibles likes Pets, Mounts and Gear have been a huge deal in not only WoW bot must MMO's for decades. Players LOVE collecting things, and I'm one of those types of players. I get a lot of fun in doing so. Now with the inclusion of the Toy Chest in WoD, there are even more things to collect.

Blizzard knows very well that many of it's player-base plays the game primarily for collecting things. A lot of resources go into mounts pets and other collectibles and players enjoy it.

Starting in MoP, the inclusion of World Boss mounts that drop at a sickening 0.1% drop chance was introduced, and some players today are still slaving away weekly at a chance to get them, many of them wanting freedom at this point.

But with Legion, I've seen a more different approach by Blizzard. They know a lot of players will do anything to get a limited time or limited window item, even if it's something they care nothing about. For this new pirate toy, 99% of players wouldn't have even given a shit about the pirate rep.... until today. Now I'm seeing 30+ groups of Bloodsail rep farms for a single toy collectible in the pre-made group finder. Players are going mad to ensure they get this toy or will have to wait until next year. I have had the Insane title for 2 years, so getting the new pirate Toy was as easy as purchasing it from the vendor.

Another approach from Blizzard in this expansion have been the paragon caches that drop mounts. They know that many players will stay subbed until they get these damned things, and will profit from it.

With this new pirate event, it has become clear to me that Blizzard has its hands and control all over a large portion of the player base and its starting to make me realize that I might not see Blizzard face to face anymore.

TL;DR, new pirate rep toys are making players go crazy for a single toy, highlighting Blizzard's control over their addiction. I'm starting to realize the direction of the game is going in weird desperate places. The new Blizzcon mounts are good indicators that Blizzard has gotten desperate since they know that a larger majority of players will buy the Virtual Ticket for the mounts than previously before with measily pets.
    Um... there's been mounts with insanely low droprates since vanilla. Stop whining.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You can't give feedback on a fan site, you moron.

And yeah, game companies love players like me. The ones who give constructive criticisms on their avenues of conversation, stops playing and tells the little orc why when I unsub, yeah.

Anyway enjoy your echo chamber of retarded opinions, which is what these forums are a breeding ground for.
    Well no shit, Sherlock. I said "Opinion" to both, but seems you suffer from selective nit picking.

But please, keep assuming I don't offer feedback on the official forums. Keep in mind I didn't make this thread...

I find it hilarious of fan boys like you getting offended at the concept of people criticising though.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-20 at 03:05 PM.

The pirate day toy was a reward for people who already had made the effort to get the rep, not for people to grind out in a day to get. Plus now people know it's a thing, they have another year to grind the rep, doesn't seem like a hard task.

I think the issue is so many people have the mentality of "I must have everything" they feel like Blizzard is putting things in just to force them to play more when they aren't. They don't want everyone getting every mount, pet, toy otherwise there'd be no uniqueness or exclusivity to any of the items. The whole point of low drop rate, limited time ect is to reward the lucky few who get it. If they made everything a guarenteed drop or easy to get, they may as well just give everyone everything the second they create a character.

Whilst I question A LOT of Blizzards design choices, these sort of things aren't one of them. It makes sense the way they do things, people just have that mentality that Blizz can never please. It's more a state of the world these days, everyone wants instant gratification and very few have the patience to wait.

Yes there is an argument of making things a guaranteed reward for a particular grind but if you do that with every mount, toy, pet then everyone would just complain there's too many grinds and it's impossible to find the time to do them all. Which in turn becomes "Blizz is only catering to people who can no life the game" "having a job/real life puts you at a disadvantage and it's not fair". So having a mixture of both is the best way to go imo. Guarantee the few grinds so people with limited time have something to work towards and add in some RNG so people get rewarded for just playing the game.

There'll never be one solution that pleases everyone and that's OK. People just have to realize what they want isn't always what's best for everyone or the game itself.
    Last edited by Steelcryo; 2017-09-20 at 03:08 PM.

Well no shit, Sherlock. I said "Opinion" to both, but seems you suffer from selective nit picking.

But please, keep assuming I don't offer feedback on the official forums. Keep in mind I didn't make this thread...

I find it hilarious of fan boys like you getting offended at the concept of people criticising though.
    Because you're the only person in this thread

Because you're clearly the only person who posts threads directly @ blizzard thinking they'll get an answer here

In-Game collectibles likes Pets, Mounts and Gear have been a huge deal in not only WoW bot must MMO's for decades. Players LOVE collecting things, and I'm one of those types of players. I get a lot of fun in doing so. Now with the inclusion of the Toy Chest in WoD, there are even more things to collect.

Blizzard knows very well that many of it's player-base plays the game primarily for collecting things. A lot of resources go into mounts pets and other collectibles and players enjoy it.

Starting in MoP, the inclusion of World Boss mounts that drop at a sickening 0.1% drop chance was introduced, and some players today are still slaving away weekly at a chance to get them, many of them wanting freedom at this point.

But with Legion, I've seen a more different approach by Blizzard. They know a lot of players will do anything to get a limited time or limited window item, even if it's something they care nothing about. For this new pirate toy, 99% of players wouldn't have even given a shit about the pirate rep.... until today. Now I'm seeing 30+ groups of Bloodsail rep farms for a single toy collectible in the pre-made group finder. Players are going mad to ensure they get this toy or will have to wait until next year. I have had the Insane title for 2 years, so getting the new pirate Toy was as easy as purchasing it from the vendor.

Another approach from Blizzard in this expansion have been the paragon caches that drop mounts. They know that many players will stay subbed until they get these damned things, and will profit from it.

With this new pirate event, it has become clear to me that Blizzard has its hands and control all over a large portion of the player base and its starting to make me realize that I might not see Blizzard face to face anymore.

TL;DR, new pirate rep toys are making players go crazy for a single toy, highlighting Blizzard's control over their addiction. I'm starting to realize the direction of the game is going in weird desperate places. The new Blizzcon mounts are good indicators that Blizzard has gotten desperate since they know that a larger majority of players will buy the Virtual Ticket for the mounts than previously before with measily pets.
    My only question is your "starting in MOP" comment. Are we going to pretend the Phoenix Mounts, Fiery Warhorse, Headless Horsemen Mounts, Baron Rivendare, Invincible, etc havent existed in the game this whole time? If you are just now not seeing eye to eye with them, this isn't about the low drop rate mounts, but something else.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    new pirate rep toys are making players go crazy for a single toy, highlighting Blizzard's control over their addiction.
    Ignoring the fact that players need to make sure they're personally accountable and responsible for their own playtime and monetary commitments to a VIDEO GAME.

Why do so many people cry about Blizzard 'enabling' addicted players? That's their entire business model. Take some personal responsibility. If you don't want to pay, you clearly don't want the virtual items as much as you thought you did. If you pay for them and jeopardize your own ability to pay your bills - that's your problem, not Blizzards. Stop pitching that the entire problem is all Blizzard's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponji View Post
    Ignoring the fact that players need to make sure they're personally accountable and responsible for their own playtime and monetary commitments to a VIDEO GAME.

Why do so many people cry about Blizzard 'enabling' addicted players? That's their entire business model. Take some personal responsibility. If you don't want to pay, you clearly don't want the virtual items as much as you thought you did. If you pay for them and jeopardize your own ability to pay your bills - that's your problem, not Blizzards. Stop pitching that the entire problem is all Blizzard's fault.
    Yeah... I bet these people making these complaints, would sue McDonald's for "making" them fat... They sure seem to belong to that camp of reasoning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    My only question is your "starting in MOP" comment. Are we going to pretend the Phoenix Mounts, Fiery Warhorse, Headless Horsemen Mounts, Baron Rivendare, Invincible, etc havent existed in the game this whole time? If you are just now not seeing eye to eye with them, this isn't about the low drop rate mounts, but something else.
    All these come from bosses, this is a totally different case compared to reputation mounts, which have been available to 100% for completing the grind to exalted and paying the price. Legion is the first expansion that puts reputation mounts behind some more grind which is extra stretched with additional RNG and no bad luck protection, except if you want to burn out doing the emissary on multiple max level alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you however it has been the case since vanilla release. in every game with a save file there is a progression component.

they'll keep doing it probably. the main problem is that around mop/wod, the amount of collectible went out of hand resulting in lowering the quality of the game.
    a game is meant to be completed, blizzard has problems currently to balance it.

however there is a particular field that is really to be ashamed of in my opinion, it's the pvp seasons. never seen such carrot on a stick in the life of a game, they just copy paste grind achi every seasons, that they chose to make shorter. they've won it, now players are losing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    All these come from bosses, this is a totally different case compared to reputation mounts, which have been available to 100% for completing the grind to exalted and paying the price. Legion is the first expansion that puts reputation mounts behind some more grind which is extra stretched with additional RNG and no bad luck protection, except if you want to burn out doing the emissary on multiple max level alts.
    No, the mounts are more akin to getting the mount from the oculus bag in wotlk. A chance at getting something extra from doing stuff you were already doing.

If you feel like this addiction you have towards colleting toys and mounts is starting to be detrimental you should probably seek help and stop playing the game. Blizzard is just putting out content for all kind of players because not everyone plays to raid or for mythic +.

I have a friend like you and he is collecting all kind of stuff, he is even trying to collect all the trasmog gear in game since the new wardrobe got implemented.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait so Blizzard effectively creates a reward that is successfully drives a massive amount of people to specific (old) content, and these are nefarious deeds?

Its a nice gimme reward for anyone who already had it completed. For those that grouped in masses to get it completed in a single day... I fail to see how this is a bad thing... isn't everyone always complaining on how the old world doesn't feel alive anymore. Well for 1 day... it certainly was... and your reaction is to bitch about it, proving that NO MATTER WHAT BLIZZARD DOES... someone is going to whine.

As far as addiction goes... its a fucking MMO long term commitment should have greater payoffs. Blizzard absolutely has added features to their game that have some addictive qualities. But that has been the nature of MMOs long before Blizzard got into the game. If you are frustrated with your own inability to walk away and say no. That is YOUR problem. Blaming others for your addiction is a tell-tale sign you are not in control of your own actions. Seek help.

Also in 2008 they offered a mount for the virtual ticket. This isn't new. Heaven forbid a company provide products you're willing to buy... its almost as thought they're out to make money.

Its a pretty sad and pathetic existence if you only play to have everything and don't have fun doing it. Its about the journey, not the destination.

To be honest, I'm quite sad I passed on it this year, I would have loved an opportunity to play with a large group of people in the STV... like old times, how nostalgic.

Personal responsibility, we hardly knew ya.

How dare they have a cash shop for mounts and pets, how dare they run promotions to get a mount and pet, how dare they allow you to grind rep in game to get mounts and pets. Please tell me what they're allowed to do because, at this point if they sneeze someone's going to kick up a fuss. I purchased the virtual ticket as I have done most years, because I like to watch it live, I like to see people in my community geeking out about an upcoming expansion. If Blizz wants give additional loot let them. Let's be honest if they removed the extra loot they wouldn't drop the price of the ticket. And yes I'd still buy the ticket.

Thanks for the post OP I didn't know they were doing anything special this year, so now I'm going to see what all the fuss is about and have fun playing a game I love.