Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Welp. Time to ban cotton and bananas to protect the very fragile.

This kind of stuff is unfortunately hilarious. And you can now expect cotton balls to be used in the future to make people cry.
    I already want to send the special snowflake that got "outraged" a whole bouquet of real cotton buds with a card that reads "Calm your tits"

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I already want to send the special snowflake that got "outraged" a whole bouquet of real cotton buds with a card that reads "Calm your tits"
    Too risky. Idiots that think a cotton plant by default is racist would treat receiving one like the horse head in the Godfather.

Too risky. Idiots that think a cotton plant by default is racist would treat receiving one like the horse head in the Godfather.
    That would only make me want to do it more. Bonus points if they have a heart attack from the rage it induces.

All the more reason to do it IMO. Give them something to actually be upset about.

As the article somewhat stated, this is a "check your privilege" kind of issue. And that's what just gets under my skin about shit like this. For you to be upset enough over stupid stuff like this, you have to be so privileged that this is seen as a legitimate issue.

When people get upset and vocal about shit like this it's like, your life is so good, so put together and all your needs are taken care of so you have the time and energy to devote to meaningless bullshit like this (and CHOOSE TO SPEND IT ON BULLSHIT LIKE THIS, that's the real mind blowing part to me) you have a privileged life.

There are real problems out there.... this, and other stuff like it don't even close to being one of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp. Time to ban cotton and bananas to protect the very fragile.

This kind of stuff is unfortunately hilarious. And you can now expect cotton balls to be used in the future to make people cry.
    Did they mention the race of the person who was upset?

I get the strange sensation it is likely a white liberal woman.

They seem the most crazy in my experience.

My thoughts: People with no empathy of actual struggle have to entertain themselves somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Did they mention the race of the person who was upset?

I get the strange sensation it is likely a white liberal woman.

They seem the most crazy in my experience.
    I didn't. I just mentioned the fragile. And that is anyone dumb enough to think a simple cotton plant is racist. Which could be your white woman.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, the other day I saw a Chinese guy walking past a railroad station. HOW DARE THEY BUILD THAT RAILROAD STATION SO THAT HE HAS TO ENDURE SEEING IT! The fucking racists!

Later that same day I was in line at the grocery store, and this chick was buying some pure cane sugar in front of a black guy. THE FUCKING RACIST!!! Even worse? I then noticed she was buying some tobacco as well. HOLY SHIT, THE FUCKING NERVE OF THAT RACIST CUNT!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and a few years back I was vacationing in Rome when I saw a German AND a Frenchman there. Yet not a single Italian was cowtowing to them, begging them for forgiveness for the slavery of their people ages ago. You know why, BECAUSE CLEARLY THEY WERE RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insert additional examples here.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    All the more reason to do it IMO. Give them something to actually be upset about.

As the article somewhat stated, this is a "check your privilege" kind of issue. And that's what just gets under my skin about shit like this. For you to be upset enough over stupid stuff like this, you have to be so privileged that this is seen as a legitimate issue.

When people get upset and vocal about shit like this it's like, your life is so good, so put together and all your needs are taken care of so you have the time and energy to devote to meaningless bullshit like this (and CHOOSE TO SPEND IT ON BULLSHIT LIKE THIS, that's the real mind blowing part to me) you have a privileged life.

There are real problems out there.... this, and other stuff like it don't even close to being one of them.
    It's a side effect of the terrible state of activism. With the amount of big racism or racism that's worth going on a crusade over, people either have to hyperbolize or fully make up racist moments to justify this bullshit about being oppressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clothes are made of fucking cotton is everyone mad at this retarded?

I imagine the person who complained about the cotton decor doesn't wear cotton clothing or underclothing on principle. I mean, slaves used to pick cotton, so wearing anything made of cotton is clearly offensive (even if it's still harvested today, by, *gasp* white people!)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09...-and-counting/

So basically Hobby Lobby has a vase that they've put replica raw cotton branches in, someone strolled in and snapped a photo of it, and now there's manufactured outrage online over it. There's an interesting section at the end of the article outlining what kind of people would be offended by this situation, and only those in the most stable economic conditions would be offended by it.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts? The source of the news article is garbage, so I would treat anything they say with a grain of salt. The Blaze is on par with Infowars.

The problem is that you really don't know how much of The Blaze articles are outright lies, small snippets of truth mixed with mostly lies, or just leaving out tons of context. The odds of a The Blaze article being completely on the level are right there with a broken clock...it happens, but usually by accident, not intent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Hobby Lobby haters are like a fat lady at a milkshake shop... they're grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The problem is that you really don't know how much of The Blaze articles are outright lies, small snippets of truth mixed with mostly lies, or just leaving out tons of context. The odds of a The Blaze article being completely on the level are right there with a broken clock...it happens, but usually by accident, not intent.
    I would take The Blaze out of the equation. I saw it on my local news channel where I live. The facebook outrage post did indeed go viral, whether the blaze reported on it or not.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Those morons outraged over a decor can go fuck themselves...

This is beyond absurd... and Hobby Lobby should not respond, at all.

First world problems when people got nothing better to do in their sad excuse of an existence.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-20 at 04:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just realized that my jeans are made off cotton...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    People dont have a right to not be offended, and idiots need to grasp this fact. People will get offended by shit, they will not like it, but they need to learn to fucking deal with it.
    Wtf? People have a right to their own thoughts, even being offended. Doesnt mean they or right or you have to care.

There is no huge outrage going on apart from Hobby Lobby already being shit. Why do people seek these stories?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It's a side effect of the terrible state of activism. With the amount of big racism or racism that's worth going on a crusade over, people either have to hyperbolize or fully make up racist moments to justify this bullshit about being oppressed.
    Not trying to say racism isn't a thing anymore because I know it is, but for the most part this racist oppression narrative going on is just as much a privilege issue as this cotton bullshit. To your point, the lives of these "oppressed" people are so good that they have to actively look for things to be oppressed or offended by so they can continue their racist narrative.

In my experience, the people shouting the loudest about being oppressed are the ones acting racist and make me feel a little racist too...because they're annoying af and give the rest of their "race" a bad name.

Again, not to say racism doesn't still exist because it does, but the folks actually suffering from legitimate racism don't need to run around on social media that they're suffering from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    their refusal to include birth control coverage to women
    Why is this an issue again? Insurance doesn't pay for men's birth control, why should it pay for women's?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Why is this an issue again? Insurance doesn't pay for men's birth control, why should it pay for women's?
    Because women are oppressed or something.