Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    $1500 is nothing. Turning that in is likely to not only get you local news media attention, but also probably some sort of viral facebook notoriety that ends up with someone starting a kickstarter or something to reward you for being a decent human being.

If he'd found a briefcase containing 5 million dollars and turned it in, then that would make him truly trustworthy. He'd probably be assassinated by a drug cartel shortly after though.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    LINK HERE

Anyone else think this kid is a tool and an idiot for doing that? Does he not know that the iPhone X is coming out "soon" and will be $999? Not to mention he could have bought a Switch, Xbox One, or even a PS4 after getting the phone. What a friggin idiot if you ask me!
    If you think this is bad, then you are a terrible, terrible person. This kid did the right thing, and deserves 15 seconds of fame for it. What has become of the great state of California, when they can't even distinguish basic right and wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If you think this is bad, then you are a terrible, terrible person. This kid did the right thing, and deserves 15 seconds of fame for it. What has become of the great state of California, when they can't even distinguish basic right and wrong?
    You know what also makes someone terrible? Using this good story to jab at <insert group of people I don't like>.

But it's just par for the course for you.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You know what also makes someone terrible? Using this good story to jab at <insert group of people I don't like>.

The OP is from California. I'm making a moral judgment on him, and applying it to those who agree with him politically. It's not hard to follow.

Also, you insulting me could not possibly mean less to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, the guy is totally a tool for returning the wallet with all of its contents intact... Not. He did the right thing.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

The "Group of people I don't like", in this case, are fucking criminals who don't respect other people's properties.

And you're damn right I Don't like these people. That's the people jails are for.

I have had 3 pair of glasses stolen out of my car a different times. All three of them were Ray Bans costing $250-350 and were all prescription glasses (one was prescription sunglasses). I was livid that someone came inside my car and took something that someone else couldn't even freakin use. This kid found money and could have used it. He's a tool for not doing so.
    Or he has a moral compass that isnt totally destroyed by greed. really that we can see folks even hinting at it being ok to keep the cash is showing why we have issues in todays country

You know it's US news when it's even news that someone does this kind of thing. It's common decency everywhere. Except the US, I guess.

So hes a tool for being honest? WTF is the OP smoking to have retarded logic like that?? Listen pal, if you want to be one of those dirtbags with the "finders keepers" mentality, go right ahead. But do NOT run down somebody else for doing whats right. Society needs more people like that kid and less people like you.

7+ Year Old Account
    To the arseholes saying he was dumb and that they would keep the money for themselves, remember that the wallet with money, credit cards and identification belonged to someone, and losing all that money could have caused a lot of problems for them. You stealing it for yourself is basically saying "Fuck you" to the ones who lost it. You don't realise the damage you are causing by stealing it. What if the person who lost all that money because some arsehole stole it was using that money to possibly save someones life, such as for surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    LINK HERE

Anyone else think this kid is a tool and an idiot for doing that? Does he not know that the iPhone X is coming out "soon" and will be $999? Not to mention he could have bought a Switch, Xbox One, or even a PS4 after getting the phone. What a friggin idiot if you ask me!
    theres this little thing you see, its called the law, and when you steal something, the police track you down and arrest you.

Lemme guess, your someone who thinks you could get away with doing something like that, thinking your above the law? Must have had such a good upbringing.
    #boycottchina

The kid is great. The OP is not.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    The "Group of people I don't like", in this case, are fucking criminals who don't respect other people's properties.

And you're damn right I Don't like these people. That's the people jails are for.
    Not at all what that poster was going for.

15+ Year Old Account
    You people are so gullible. Yeah the kid did right by turning it in. I would have done the same thing with it being that much money. That much money could have been someone's rent money. I will say that if it was a wallet with $20-50 in it I probably would have just taken the cash and mailed back the wallet but not for $1500.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    well it was at their driveway so i prolly wouldve done the same but if it were somewhere else I wouldve probably shredded their personal info and kept the cash if no phone/email is on the wallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they lost it, it's not anybody's until you find it. then you get to decide who's it is.
    That isn't how property works in this era. Good luck if you're ever in court being prosecuted for theft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    LINK HERE

Would I keep the money? Yes
    Is this guy a idiot/tool? No

Well, OP, YOU are the problem. Hopefully there are more guys like him, world has enough shit already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That isn't how property works in this era. Good luck if you're ever in court being prosecuted for theft.
    There is no name on cash, is this different in the states?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This; But also, I try to put myself into the person's shoes. How would I feel if I lost my wallet, or phone, or whatever. Probably sad, upset, angry, etc... it's not something I want others to feel, so the only logical choice is to return the item to make them feel better.
    Yeah, basic empathy and human decency isn't a hard concept but it seems like it is becoming popular to conflate empathy with being weak or a "cuck". You know the state of affairs is heading in a good direction when virtue is being used as an insult .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)