Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    I have to admit that it is a lot harder nowadays to get that sense of "community" that you used to get before while playing online. Too much insta-queuing, quick match, etc etc now. I remember when you had to play the damn games, talk to people, build groups, and at the end you often made a friend or two. Now everyone just wants fast easy-mode, and if you're even a second off their "timer" well you're shit and should go kill yourself, quit the game, uninstall, etc...

I miss the days of Dial-up Diablo 2 lmao.
    I used to do competitive teams for CS:S in an amateur league and all we did was laugh at each other and have ourselves a good time. Yes, we tried. Wasn't like we goofed, trolled and so on as so many now-a-days do whilst thinking themselves genuinely, refreshingly hilarious in their childish antics because they're so troubled inside they have to repress it with sheer retardation. No, we tried but we didn't get horribly worked up over losses and would simply go straight back to scrimming or pubbing.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    Ain't here to preach you how life works, but if you want someone to be of the same opinion as you, he must deem you as superior, even if for a fraction of a second, otherwise, he won't think in the same way.
    What ?!
    I demand a refund on all opinion changed during my scholarship ! You're absolutely right, and that means your superior. <3

Deleted
    Be more polite maybe?
    If the "Asshole" is toxic and you say to him to fuck off you became exacly the same
    Use report option instead

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Maybe it's your language. I see you like to speak in "colorful metaphors".
    Like sticking to the subject?

7+ Year Old Account
    Treating toxic behavior with marginally less, equal to, or more toxicity doesn't prevent you from also being reprimanded. The issue of "fight fire with fire" may certainly feel more satisfying, but it makes you open for the same response.

Perhaps there should be a way to gauge the level/severity of the behavior? For example:

Person A: "fuck you piece of shitty fuck you suck at your class fuck your mom i hope you get cancer and die"
    Person B: "no need to be a piece of shit. stop it punk or i'll beat you up irl!"

Of course Person B was far less worse, and definitely should be acknowledged if a 3rd party reported both of them.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to pretend like I'm the nicest guy in the game as I'm really not one to take any shit. I've butted heads with several players and words were definitely exchanged yet not once have I ever been muted or banned in all my years of playing this game.

I'd say your punishment was probably given for doing quite a bit more than just telling people to "stop with their shit" and probably also justified. Spinning a story as if you're some innocent keyboard warrior standing up to assholes of Azeroth isn't really going to change anything. Deal with the 12 hours and move on. If you get muted again then stop whatever it is that's causing it.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    dont take them serious

10+ Year Old Account
    The current form of blizzard letting the community police itself is such a clusterfuck.

Can you imagine real life if we got rid of all police and just said 'report them yourselves and if we belive you we might look into it'.

The community has reached a tipping point where there are actually enough people logging into wow exclusively to fuck with others that they have broken the system. ' If he was being that bad then all the reports would have worked' but what if tbat asshole is part of a group of assholes who add up to like half the people online? How does a system of self policing work when half the people involved actually want to see toxicity multiply? Who will NEVER report anyone for actual bad behavior because they only see report as a tool to troll?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

i think the lesson here op is, random ppl don't like being told what to do by other random people

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I'm not going to pretend like I'm the nicest guy in the game as I'm really not one to take any shit. I've butted heads with several players and words were definitely exchanged yet not once have I ever been muted or banned in all my years of playing this game.

I'd say your punishment was probably given for doing quite a bit more than just telling people to "stop with their shit" and probably also justified. Spinning a story as if you're some innocent keyboard warrior standing up to assholes of Azeroth isn't really going to change anything. Deal with the 12 hours and move on. If you get muted again then stop whatever it is that's causing it.
    I checked my logs, I'm mostly sarcastic, say someone says something toxic in raid-chat and I kick them and they whisper me, I reply (copy-pasted):

"A bit wet down there? Go fuck yourself."

What the guy said had to do with cancer and my family. I think it's well-deserved.

I agree, most people only say their side of the story, but everyone else agreed the person had to go, no one wants a toxic shit in their raid and mostly they agree.

Okay, now, what if you pick on ALL the toxic shits? That's me. And I got punished for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i think the lesson here op is, random ppl don't like being told what to do by other random people
    Yas. So they have to act like dogs and remind the whole species that millenia of evolution only had effect on some.

"You disagree with me, you die. [metaphorically]".

EIther way, what I learned from this thread is that at this point there's nothing I can do and it's best to just take it and if it happens again, for no good reason other than people disagreeing / hating on me, I should write.

Wanted to see how others saw the issue.

Turn chat off, game improves dramatically.

*magic*

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    There are more toxic players than non toxic ones. Best you can do is to turn off chat and stop talking.
    Either you're really unlucky or you have start playing with new people.

Let me guess... They said something about Trump either good or bad.. You "enlightened them". --> report

Not being able to tell people to stop what they're doing without using language that can get YOU reported, is your first issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    And so, today I got a mute for 12 hours.

Unfortunately, this system is a double-edged sword, where, for most it does the job...because it's usually a case of someone being toxic.

But say you tell people they're wrong, they get offended and they report you and this happens a lot. Not saying I'm an angel: I'm a firm believer that if an asshole is toxic, you tell them to fuck off. But in my case, these are rare, so, really, how many people need to report you?

How do I appeal this?

Answer is: I can't.

Blizzard should try to be more open on what the solution is here for people who got the ban unfairly.
    But you weren't unfairly banned. Your actions led to your deserved ban. You've failed in a basic lesson that most people are taught young in life, minding your neck.

Lesson for the future, report them and move on, skip the telling them to fuck off, makes you look as toxic the ones you are shooting your mouth off to.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, no, we shouldn't allow cunts to have it their way, but in reality, it's just one every week or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Report for disagreeing with me? You mean exactly what they do to me? Na.
    if you are telling people to fuck off... then you deserve the attention you are getting from the PTBs

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

But say you tell people they're wrong, they get offended and they report you and this happens a lot. Not saying I'm an angel: I'm a firm believer that if an asshole is toxic, you tell them to fuck off.
    You can tell people off without being rude about it. If you don't bring yourself down to their level, there won't be any reason for action to be taken against your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you also blame the justice system which does very much the same and it works?

People who believe in rehabilitation waste time.

You shut their ways of being toxic instantly, never allow them to have it their way.

All in all, I was quiet in this and barely talk, but people reported me straight-up for disagreeing with them and given I raid a lot, I have a lot of "conflicts"?
    you have become indistinguishable from that what you are claiming to fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Same, but during raid-time and trade, where I need to be active, I can't help it.
    You can help it, you chose not to.

- - - Updated - - -

People don't change their views even if it means losing.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...f-it-costs-us/

Ain't here to preach you how life works, but if you want someone to be of the same opinion as you, he must deem you as superior, even if for a fraction of a second, otherwise, he won't think in the same way.

This is both good and bad.

Nazis used force to do bad things.

The US used force to (whatever you say about it) atleast clear the Middle East of radicals and other bad actors.

As such, if I detect anything "edgy" from you, in my raids, you're insta-kicked. Does this work? Well I've been almost one-shotting ToS HC as pugs ever since week 2 and by the reaction to a "no" from me, they ninja-pull, whisper me super toxic stuff.

A non-toxic person would just be like "meh, okay".

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. I pug a lot and I meet plenty nice people, toxics are rare, but we're animals, anyone that disagrees with us is a threat, no matter the level of education, so if a guy challenges your set in stone beliefs, you trash him. Simple.
    Guess what, you have two paths laid out in front of you... 1) yank your head out of your ass and open your eyes and reform or 2) keep going the way you are and end up muted or banned permanently... the choice is yours.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I disagree. I pug a lot and I meet plenty nice people, toxics are rare, but we're animals, anyone that disagrees with us is a threat, no matter the level of education, so if a guy challenges your set in stone beliefs, you trash him. Simple.
    Confirmed for being toxic. You're most likely more toxic than the players you "trash", and your thread here is just a bad defense against the challenge (by blizzard, with silence) against your set in stone belief (that you aren't toxic).

Complete lack of self-awareness.. pathetic.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, no, we shouldn't allow cunts to have it their way, but in reality, it's just one every week or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Report for disagreeing with me? You mean exactly what they do to me? Na.
    You're breaking the rules you're trying to uphold by lowering yourself to their level. If you still don't grasp why that gets you punished, I'll have to say you're not being serious here.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I used to do competitive teams for CS:S in an amateur league and all we did was laugh at each other and have ourselves a good time. Yes, we tried. Wasn't like we goofed, trolled and so on as so many now-a-days do whilst thinking themselves genuinely, refreshingly hilarious in their childish antics because they're so troubled inside they have to repress it with sheer retardation. No, we tried but we didn't get horribly worked up over losses and would simply go straight back to scrimming or pubbing.
    Hell yeah, used to play amateur league Battlefield 2142 myself and that's really it; Didn't take our shit too seriously, sure we were pretty good but we also scrimmed with higher rank teams often just to get better and they were nice enough to do it without being dicks about how much larger their epeen was. In the end they were happy to teach us shit, we were eager to learn, but most importantly we ended our scrims with some laughs and antics.