Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I look forward to the follow-up article about the people bitching about the people bitching about this incredible event.
    Commenting on what these sorts of "outrages" say about society is not "complaining".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not trying to say racism isn't a thing anymore because I know it is, but for the most part this racist oppression narrative going on is just as much a privilege issue as this cotton bullshit. To your point, the lives of these "oppressed" people are so good that they have to actively look for things to be oppressed or offended by so they can continue their racist narrative.

In my experience, the people shouting the loudest about being oppressed are the ones acting racist and make me feel a little racist too...because they're annoying af and give the rest of their "race" a bad name.

Again, not to say racism doesn't still exist because it does, but the folks actually suffering from legitimate racism don't need to run around on social media that they're suffering from it.
    That was my point, in a way. Racism does exist, but it is overhyped and, unless you want to engage in heavy authoritarian nonsense, can never be removed. And the fact people need something to fight leads to shit like this.

Also, yeah. The kind of people complaining the loudest tend to be quite racist themselves. You have to be pretty fucking racist to see cotton and immediately think slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09...-and-counting/

So basically Hobby Lobby has a vase that they've put replica raw cotton branches in, someone strolled in and snapped a photo of it, and now there's manufactured outrage online over it. There's an interesting section at the end of the article outlining what kind of people would be offended by this situation, and only those in the most stable economic conditions would be offended by it.

Thoughts?
    Another day, another news story about a completely unhinged and insane Democrat. She probably was wearing cotton clothes.

I wonder if she is aware that black slaves were made to do other things, aside from picking cotton. Should we also ban tobacco, and house cleaning?

These people are nuts, and their party is dying off.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-09-20 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Another day, another news story about a completely unhinged and insane Democrat. She probably was wearing cotton clothes.

I wonder if she is aware that black slaves were made to do other things, aside from picking cotton. Should we also ban tobacco, and house cleaning?

These people are nuts, and their party is dying off.
    In my experience, and historically, Republicans are the more racist of the two parties, the current head Republican (Trump) isn't exactly a paragon of virtue in that regard either.

Why does it matter if she is a Democrat? Why does this need to be political?

Deleted

This is ok now?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Clothes are racist!

#FreeTheNipple
    #FuckWhitePeople

#FuckWhitePeople ??
    This is okay now is it?

Well FuckBlackPeople as well.

In my experience, and historically, Republicans are the more racist of the two parties, the current head Republican (Trump) isn't exactly a paragon of virtue in that regard either.

Why does it matter if she is a Democrat? Why does this need to be political?
    Because Democrats are engaging in toxic and divisive rhetoric, that is based in non-reality. This stuff is making them look bad, and it should.

Yes, yes, Trump is a douche bag. I like how you question why it matters if she is a Democrat, yet you insert Trump in there somehow, even though he literally has nothing to do with any of this. Talk about blinders...do you see Trump in your pancakes also?

This isn't news and this isn't news.

Because Democrats are engaging in toxic and divisive rhetoric, that is based in non-reality. This stuff is making them look bad, and it should.

Yes, yes, Trump is a douche bag. I like how you question why it matters if she is a Democrat, yet you insert Trump in there somehow, even though he literally has nothing to do with any of this. Talk about blinders...do you see Trump in your pancakes also?
    You sounded like a typical Democrat hating Republican, so I brought up Trump and how he's guilty of similar shit in an effort to highlight the irony of a Republican calling a Democrat unhinged or crazy when there is plenty of crazy on both sides. If that's an inaccurate assumption, my apologies.

My question about why her being a Democrat matters is more to do with not understanding why her political affiliation matters at all. Whether she's Democrat, Republican or whatever doesn't mean she is some spokes person for the entire group. Why can't this just be about an individual acting crazy? Why does it matter what political party she's affiliated with?

Glanced at the headline. Realized it was clickbait. Passed. Didn't your mama tell you not to feed the trolls (the Blaze)?

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you know cotton plants have a special gland that's gives it one racial slur to shout? Farmers would put up a scarecrow of a minority to soak up the insults so that when it came time to harvest the slaves could hear the slave master and not confuse the cotton plants for him.

That woman is right, cotton is the only plant in the world that is naturally racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That was my point, in a way. Racism does exist, but it is overhyped and, unless you want to engage in heavy authoritarian nonsense, can never be removed. And the fact people need something to fight leads to shit like this.

Also, yeah. The kind of people complaining the loudest tend to be quite racist themselves. You have to be pretty fucking racist to see cotton and immediately think slaves.
    Great points. They won't understand them, and probably will call you a racist for saying them though.

To throw a number out, per the FBI, there are only ~2500 KKK members nationwide. This is a tiny fraction of a rounding error, compared to how many they had when Democrats ran the South.

It truly is strange to me, this common tactic of Democrats to accuse people of "secret" thoughts that they never say out loud. I have only had the displeasure of meeting a handful of racists in my life, and they got to that subject rather quickly. People who are consumed by something, don't keep it a secret.

To your point about "Methinks the lady doth protest TOO much", I could not agree more. It's my view that MANY Democrats themselves are racist, and feel bad about it, and try to not be that way. Furthermore, they see that Republicans are NOT remorseful about being racist, and take that to mean they see nothing wrong with being racist, instead of considering the fact that maybe they just ARE NOT racist. The entire notion of the "big switch" seems to be that SOMEONE must always be racist, and that the ideology will never die off. I don't get that. Since most people are NOT racist, I have no fears that it will make a comeback anytime soon.

Again to your last point, what does racism really mean? Sure, a white supremacist is easy to sort out. But isn't it also racist to assume things like: black people are too irresponsible to get IDs to vote, black people can't get in to colleges on their own, black people can't get jobs on their own, black people can't get loans without the government stepping in? How are these ideas not blatant racism, delivered via soft bigotry of low expectations?

The ideal that MLK espoused was the correct one: judge people on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We will never move past race, as a society, until Democrats stop using it as a campaign tactic. That is a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

You sounded like a typical Democrat hating Republican, so I brought up Trump and how he's guilty of similar shit in an effort to highlight the irony of a Republican calling a Democrat unhinged or crazy when there is plenty of crazy on both sides. If that's an inaccurate assumption, my apologies.

My question about why her being a Democrat matters is more to do with not understanding why her political affiliation matters at all. Whether she's Democrat, Republican or whatever doesn't mean she is some spokes person for the entire group. Why can't this just be about an individual acting crazy? Why does it matter what political party she's affiliated with?
    I'm not sure I'm a typical Republican. I mean, I have never even registered as one, a single time in life. But yes, I do in fact despise the Democrat party, their racist history, and everything they stand for today, that aims to perpetuate divisiveness over race, for all eternity.

Your point that there is crazy on both sides is true, but also irrelevant. This thread has a topic, and the topic is a crazy Democrat this time. Inserting Trump in there, is just....bizarre. Wait for another topic that actually relates to Trump, if you want to use him as a talking point.

Her political affiliation matters because it's relevant to what she is doing. She is acting out her political beliefs in this story. Why is that a hard concept for you? SHE is the one inserting politics, of the Democrat party, in to her shopping at Hobby Lobby.

I swear if I didn't know any better I'd say TJ was a broken record, adding nothing to any given conversation other than apothic warnings about how the Dems are just DYING off. Not like that shit was said about the GOP when Obama was elected or anything... it's almost like we go through cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Commenting on what these sorts of "outrages" say about society is not "complaining".
    However you want to name it, I find these threads of people getting outraged about someone getting outraged about something barely-or-not offensive amusing in their hypocrisy, especially as I usually only hear about the original incident through people like the OP.

However you want to name it, I find these threads of people getting outraged about someone getting outraged about something barely-or-not offensive amusing in their hypocrisy, especially as I usually only hear about the original incident through people like the OP.
    I wish I had only heard about it on these forums but I had heard this story on mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    I wish I had only heard about it on these forums but I had heard this story on mainstream media.
    Admittedly I only did a quick Google but it seems the news sites are only reporting on the social media reaction, i.e. people like the OP (and others) getting offended about people being offended.

I'm not sure I'm a typical Republican. I mean, I have never even registered as one, a single time in life. But yes, I do in fact despise the Democrat party, their racist history, and everything they stand for today, that aims to perpetuate divisiveness over race, for all eternity.

Your point that there is crazy on both sides is true, but also irrelevant. This thread has a topic, and the topic is a crazy Democrat this time. Inserting Trump in there, is just....bizarre. Wait for another topic that actually relates to Trump, if you want to use him as a talking point.

Her political affiliation matters because it's relevant to what she is doing. She is acting out her political beliefs in this story. Why is that a hard concept for you? SHE is the one inserting politics, of the Democrat party, in to her shopping at Hobby Lobby.
    I read the article in the OP and I didn't see anything mentioned about her political affiliation, or Democrats for that matter, so unless I'm missing something it sounds like you're just inserting your dislike of the Democratic party into the discussion for no reason except to voice your political agenda. She did something you typically associate with the Democratic party and you dislike the party so you conflate the two in your comments saying she's an unhinged and crazy Democrat.

If there's a story somewhere, linked to the one in the OP, that discusses or brings up her political affiliation or Democrats I'll rescind my comment. Until then, my questions and comments still stand.

Admittedly I only did a quick Google but it seems the news sites are only reporting on the social media reaction, i.e. people like the OP (and others) getting offended about people being offended.
    But don't you see!? When such a respected and successful website like "the blaze" decides to make it a story, then everyone else is talking about it! Skip to step 3: profit!

I'm not outraged, the OP didn't appear outraged, I haven't seen anyone in this thread who I would qualify as outraged. I find quite interesting that we have arrived at a point where the most important shit we have to worry about is minutia like this. 200 years ago bears, famine, Indian attack were the things that occupied our thoughts and time. 100 years ago the World War occupied our minds. 50 years ago the Cold war and Vietnam war. Now its decorative cotton, a racist purse, what someone said in an interview about a movie. We have progressed so far that basic human needs are no longer worrying to us. ANd baring those concerns it seems many people resort to worry over the smallest and most unimportant shit available.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    trash people get offended by trash things

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Why is this an issue again? Insurance doesn't pay for men's birth control, why should it pay for women's?
    Under the Affordable Care Act, birth control had to be a covered expense by insurance plans. Hobby Lobby fought tooth & nail against it. And yeah, insurance companies do actually pay for "men's birth control". Its called a vasectomy.

Dude you really need to change your signature. Hillary Clinton isn't under FBI investigation. Bernie Sanders isn't under FBI investigation. Donald Trump more than likely is under FBI investigation that hasn't bee made public. Donald Trump's whole cabinet & family are under FBI investigation too.