Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    last night near me a guy is caught up in a pursuit that was ended by a police officer intentionally pulling out in front of him. the guy has 2 broken ribs, a broken knee and god knows what else. a local article says he sustained life threatening injuries.

all because they wanted to stop him for speeding lol

it's literally all they got him for

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.
    So, dude was on a high speed chase with cops, refusing to comply, endangering the lives of EVERYONE on the road around him and any street bystanders, and he got caught by the cops and suffered a couple broken ribs and a broken knee, possibly a couple other things, all becase of his refusal to abide by the law that EVERY OTHER CITIZEN HAS BASIC KNOWLEDGE TO DO, and you want to defend this shit and blame cops? I insist that no matter what happens to you in this life, that you NEVER call a police officer to come help you. Ever. Do you walk on the street and not pay attention to what's in front of you, and then blame the pole that you bumped your head into? That stupid bloodthirsty pole! How dare it be there and make me blame it instead of my own lack of intelligent behavior! This "blame the cops" is getting so tiresome. I'm guessing OP is in his late teens early 20's and has never been the victim of a crime.
    Last edited by meowfurion; 2017-09-20 at 11:05 AM.

Again, you seem to assume that, somehow, of all the countries of the world, only the US have to deal with drunk/drugged/stupid/agressive criminals.

Hint : we have them too in Canada, and we don't shoot them.

If this can please you, street gangs in Canada are overwhelmingly Black. Happy ? But they don't shoot people and are not shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Make sure you do not criticize Sharia law next time in your posts, because this mentality fits right in.

Those who claim he shouldn't have ran away from cops, and by running he deserved broken ribs are ignorant of the basic concept of rule of law. If you speed, you get a fine. If you run away from police, there is also a pre-defined punishment for you, but certainly not police breaking your ribs on the spot.
    They didn't intentionally break his bones. They stopped him with what they had available. If you commit a crime you can't cry fascism if they don't give a shit about your wellbeing while trying to apprehend you.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maligmus View Post
    No reaching into your waistband instead of showing your hands as commanded by the officers does. And for the record, it was a pellet gun NOT a toy gun. So still metal and not plastic. Had he complied with the police commands he would have lived through the event. Instead he chose to reach into waistband for a gun. Toy, pellet, fake, it does not matter. The police have a family to get home to as well and they don't need to wait for it to go BANG before defending themselves.

There was no commands for Tamir rices.... Cop showed up jumped out of the car and shot him. The little kid had no idea what was even happening let alone time to react or comply with anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That's right, we do have a system of laws and punishments. Perhaps you should revisit the case, listen carefully to the 911 calls and then watch the surveillance videos. Then tell the class why we should substitute your judgement for the officers judgement and the judgement of the grand jury.

Because how often in America do kids shoot police?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    And a grand jury didn't indict the officers for what they did. On top of that, the prosecution was criticized by several witnesses for attempting to start a nationwide incident.

If you had a job in a dangerous area where acting too slowly could get you killed on a daily basis you might not be denigrating police officers who are already understaffed and underfunded for some of the most dangerous work that protects everyone.
    Less cop are getting killed than ever. Being a cop is less dangerous than being a roofer. Stop with the "it's dangerous for them everyday" bullshit.

So you've shown a statistic... what are you going to do about it except pontificate on a video game website. That is some class A activism and surely will do something about changing it... If you truly believe that your blathering is doing anything then you sir, are the pathetic one.
    You still continue to just attempt to ignore/avoid the point made. Guess it really must have hit home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    Of course pigs lust for blood. They're insecurity in their manliness leads them to become pigs so they can abuse power they would otherwise never have. They prove that they are real men by hurting and killing people and generally being dicks while facing little to no consequences.
    Quick, show me on this doll where the big bad policeman hurt you, and/or your feelings.

LOL No, it's not. The only people that pigs protect are the crooked members of their gang. Oh and this.
    Oh lawdy. No objectivity with this one. There is also a problem with that mentality as we are finding out in some Australian states, being criminals can continually offend in vehicles and be essentially untouchable.

The only people pigs serve is themselves and the only people they protect are their criminal pig brethren.

(Infracted)
    Someone needs a few hugs. Wheres that doll again?

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Yes.

The core of the problem is the training. They are taught that everyone is a criminal and to shoot first when the threat is uncertain.

Also the type of people that are hired to be cops are power hungry pigs.

Ever heard of the Blue Line? Just another example of corruption within the police department across the US.

Good cops are almost the minority, and most if not all are complete assholes.
    I would like to hear more about this vast research you have conducted to support this opinion. Oh wait. Its just that. And the term is "Thin blue line". And it represents the small number of persons standing between the public and the criminals. You could do some research. Incredible what you might learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The cops are as bloodthirsty as the public they are protecting and originating from.
    This. It is reactive. Look at New Zealand's police. Look at the UK, which is now reforming to combat the terror threat. A society that goes to war with its police had better learn to make peace with its criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You still continue to just attempt to ignore/avoid the point made. Guess it really must have hit home.
    Not avoiding your point. Even if I agreed with you. What would it change? It would change nothing, and you know it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Less cop are getting killed than ever. Being a cop is less dangerous than being a roofer. Stop with the "it's dangerous for them everyday" bullshit.
    Yeah obviously not when you look at it on the national level. Cleveland is drug and crime ridden and is one of many cities that is underpoliced in the US.

Deleted
    Should not let people use guns like they are toys, take em away, like in Europe. No need to shoot them when they can't shoot back.

Not avoiding your point. Even if I agreed with you. What would it change? It would change nothing, and you know it.
    If your argument is that we shouldn't bother talking or thinking about something if it's not going to change it, why are you even posting on the forums ?

And yeah, you should as hell agree with me that TWENTY FIVE TIMES MORE KILLING PER CAPITA is a pretty colossal sign that there is a huge factual problem.

The police are not there to protect you.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...t.html?mcubz=3
    Their real jobs is to protect the state against you, which they do very well.
    http://www.internationalman.com/arti...e-police-state

Nick Giambruno: In my experience, the US has some of the most aggressive police in the world. I first noticed this when I started traveling many years ago.

I’ve also noticed that law-abiding citizens are more likely to encounter the police in the US. Both of these trends are accelerating.

What happened to “the boys in blue”—the friendly cop on the beat that everyone knew personally and trusted?

Doug Casey: The fact is that police forces throughout the US have been militarized. Every little town has a SWAT team, sometimes with armored personnel carriers. All of the Praetorian style agencies on the federal level—the FBI, CIA, NSA, and over a dozen others like them—have become very aggressive. Every single day in the US, there are scores of confiscations of people’s bank accounts, and dozens having their doors broken down in the wee hours of the night. The ethos in the US really seems to be changing right before our very eyes, and I think it’s quite disturbing. It’s a harbinger, I’m afraid, of what’s to come.

Jeff Thomas: Yes, this change has certainly been more prevalent in the US than elsewhere. And I don’t doubt that the black combat uniforms are intentional. Psychologically, combat gear is very threatening. It serves only one purpose—aggression. And blue is the color of officialdom, whilst black is the color of death. This, to me, was a very conscious change—maximum intimidation.

Nick Giambruno: Police training has also changed. The War on (some) Drugs and the so-called War on Terror have turbocharged police militarization. What are your thoughts?

Doug Casey: As a general rule, police are no longer trained as “peace officers.” They’re trained to be, and view themselves, as “law enforcement officers.” This is a very different thing. The police are a bigger threat to your property and your liberty, not to mention your life, than actual criminals.

I started writing about the militarization of American police back in the 1990s, when it started happening in earnest. And it’s very disturbing, because the way a solider deals with the enemy is necessarily quite different from the way the police are supposed to deal with citizens.

The US has these numerous continuing wars around the world, so they wind up with lots of spare military equipment. And what to do with it? They bring it home and give it to the police because they think it might be helpful. And then, driving APCs and wearing body armor, the police get the wrong idea.

Furthermore, all the military vets—many of whom have extra Y chromosomes, as do most police generally—like the idea of wearing a uniform and like the idea of carrying a gun and giving and taking orders. They’re preferred hires for police forces. But they shouldn’t be, because you inevitably pick up bad habits, and inappropriate skills, hanging out in a war zone.

Jeff Thomas: Yes, this is very clear. Not long ago, I saw a training video where recruits were lined up, being drilled—punching their fists in the air, shouting in unison, “I have the power! I have the power,” over and over. This is the antithesis of the helpful neighborhood cop. It’s unquestionably Gestapo training and it’s borne out on the street. Police in the US, especially younger, recently-trained police, see the public as a threatening enemy and behave accordingly.

Nick Giambruno: So, what comes next?

Doug Casey: All these things compound upon the other. It’s a very bad trend. I see no reason why that trend is going to turn around. In fact, I expect it to accelerate, especially as the economy turns downhill and people become more restless and the Deep State feels that the plebs have to be kept under control. So, yeah, it’s a trend that’s been accelerating for several decades. And it’s going to keep accelerating until some type of a crisis blows it all up.

Jeff Thomas: The US government has consciously created a police state. Historically, whenever governments have done this, it was because they planned increased controls that they thought might incite rebellion. So the police state is created in advance to demonstrate that opposition to greater controls would be futile. We can therefore surmise that the controls that are on the way in the US are likely to be far more oppressive than at present.
    Thats just a small piece, read the entire thing, very interesting and certainly confirms my observations in my little suburban NJ town.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You hope someone dies for holding the police to a standard?

Is this your way of taking the moral high ground?
    There is a difference between standards and constantly screeching about how much black lives matter, while in the the same breath condoning the killing of cops.

We already have standards for cops. They are expected to combat crime, not let criminals go free because of their skin color, and because crying racism is the flavor of the "current year." Mistakes happen and should be addressed, but there isn't some mass conspiracy to systematically murder black people. Anyone that believes that is just as nuts as flat earthers or creationists, or are pushing an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnyc88 View Post
    The police are not there to protect you.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...t.html?mcubz=3
    Their real jobs is to protect the state against you, which they do very well.
    http://www.internationalman.com/arti...e-police-state
    In that case it is misleading to call them a "police force".

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yeah obviously not when you look at it on the national level. Cleveland is drug and crime ridden and is one of many cities that is underpoliced in the US.

Cleveland has had 1 officer death this year. Soooooooooooo deadly......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maligmus View Post
    No reaching into your waistband instead of showing your hands as commanded by the officers does.
    You mean the command that was not ever given, as shown by video evidence? The cop rolled up and fired in far too short a time for their statement of events to be factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    namely that kid who pointed a gun which looks 100% real at cops.
    Do you people ever get tired of lying? We have the incident on video and your statement is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    but there isn't some mass conspiracy to systematically murder black people.
    The number of white supremacists infiltrating American police suggests otherwise.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    There is a difference between standards and constantly screeching about how much black lives matter, while in the the same breath condoning the killing of cops.

We already have standards for cops. They are expected to combat crime, not let criminals go free because of their skin color, and because crying racism is the flavor of the "current year." Mistakes happen and should be addressed, but there isn't some mass conspiracy to systematically murder black people. Anyone that believes that is just as nuts as flat earthers or creationists, or are pushing an agenda.
    The projecting is strong with this one.

I mentioned you hoping that an innocent person dies to a criminal and you start ranting about BLM? About some conspiracy? Not even sure what that came from.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats as American as apple pie. When the issue is brought up its "anti-American/police/consipracy mumbo jumbo" despite a clear and documented history of supremacists poisoning police departments and taking advantage of the ridiculous blue line that some PDs shield bad officers with. Unrealistic and excessive but its no wonder some say the system needs to be reformed from the top down.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Screams of someone trying to get away from a ticket. Soooooo....

.... don't be a douche, if you are expected to pull over, do so.
    if you have a good chance of getting away consequence free or going to jail for the next 2 years would you pull over or would you run?

I'd run lol I'd run all day

I honestly think cops do more harm than good. Most of them are dumb as a box of rocks too. When I was living in Staunton one of them tried to tell me dead inspection was a moving violation. It's not, but I wasn't about to argue my way into a $100 ticket because numbnuts doesn't know how to do his job.

I think the best one was being pulled over in Waynesboro at 10PM for going 38 in a 25... It's only 25 there during school hours. I wanted to tell him how wrong he was, but again, I was not going to argue with him if it was just going to cause me more problems. There are a lot of ignorant cops out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Curse those bloodthirsty monsters for stopping someone speeding and putting other motorists at risk!
    at 2am you're really only putting your own life and a deer's life at risk. There is really no point in sending 4000lb vehicles pushing 200HP to chase a 600lb bike that goes 0-60 in under 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    that is what you see on the news.
    only accounts for fatalities

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Beyond all that though, the guy in your description didn't die, he was just injured. Why did the cop pull out in front of him? Was it laziness or was it the guy wasn't complying and attempting to flee, putting innocent people in danger? My guess is the later.
    we live in a generation of lazy people. you don't need to know how to drive a car because if you wreck it, your insurance will just give you a loaner vehicle and fix everything for you.

Because you think like this, you fail to realize how much money was lost and how much more was put at risk. You can't just break a quarter of the bones in someone's body just because they were speeding and you wanted them to stop.

I mean, actually, you totally can. But you totally gonna get sued too.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    2) We are doing a terrible job at holding bad cops accountable. We are too easily swayed by "the cop felt in danger" even in situations that a regular civilian would not feel in danger, much less a trained cop.
    True. I believe that, by and large, many cops are good people. but it is disappointing to see foolishness like this take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    The guy got his ribs broken because of his own actions. If he hadn't decided to flee from the cops it wouldn't have happened, all he'd have gotten was a ticket. End of story.
    jeff would have went back to jail

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    The fuck do you mean by bloodthirsty?
    oh i dont know, maybe the part where it was so important to stop one guy from speeding that they almost had to kill him to do it. he was going 70 in a 55 (262s Speed Limit) which is totally empty at 2AM

I mean, Jeff got ran down by crown vics on a motorcycle. He obviously wasn't going that fast.

When you flee from cops (whatever the reason), they have to take the steps necessary to safeguard the population. If that means putting themselves and their vehicle in your path to stop you. They can and will. Nothing bloodthirsty about that in the least.
    maybe some of you drive a toyota prius and have never gone 0-60 in 3 seconds in your life but this argument is completely bogus lol. It's 2AM - there is no one outside to safeguard. They are at home sleeping or in the factory working.

pulling out in front of a motorcycle to stop it just because it was speeding is ludicrous.

Yes, and Baltimore has the 2nd highest murder rate in the US. 250 murders so far this year. Seems that the criminals control your city, which is tragic.
    yes because there are so many high speed drug/terror related chases and premeditated murders committed with vehicles

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Nope, just stuff that normally wouldn't get reported on are now and the criminals are always just "good old boys that didn't mean nothing by it" or so it's reported.. cause cop hate is the thing that is in now.
    well when you do shit like show up to the scene and shoot the person who called you in because you were startled and pull a crown vic out in front of someone to disable their bike because they were going 77 in a 55 and going back to jail if they didn't run people are going to start looking at you like you're a clown

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's very simple when you interact with police you shut the fuck up and do what they say, even if you think there is some horrible injustice going on. You don't argue or try bullshit like in OP example.
    compliance does play a big factor in many incidents but nearly killing a man because he didn't want to go back to jail for having a spirited run on his motorcycle is totally ridiculous. you would run too if you found yourself in the same situation knowing that you had a pretty damn good chance to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    endangering the lives of EVERYONE on the road around him and any street bystanders
    oh god its 2AM watch out for that possum or racoon

the cops would undeniably be even bigger morons if they did this at 2PM. There is nothing on 262 at 2AM besides a cop sitting in the median.

and you want to defend this shit and blame cops? I insist that no matter what happens to you in this life, that you NEVER call a police officer to come help you.
    nearly killing a man and pursuing a high speed chase over someone going 70 in a 55 on an empty ass road on a clear night is just the height of stupidity.

Deleted
    at 2am you're really only putting your own life and a deer's life at risk. There is really no point in sending 4000lb vehicles pushing 200HP to chase a 600lb bike that goes 0-60 in under 4 seconds.
    Someone breaks the law, odds are they'll break it again.

The law is the law, it doesn't matter what time of night it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you wonder why the officer put his vehicle in the way to stop the fleeing individual...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

For every cop that randomly shoots some guy out there you can probably find a video of another one having to endure the brain-dead tirades of of some ass who thinks himself a lawyer and keeps rattling done random constitutional bits and amendmends. I have the feeling they should not be allowed to use lethal force as easily, but should be allowed to deal with twats faster.