Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You should ALWAYS sim yourself to find out what's the best out of the gear available to you anyway. While theoretical bests have their uses, in the end it all comes down to what gear you actually HAVE.
    I don't disagree with the sim suggestion; but this is off topic from the OP, as are other posts. Topic is explicitly NOT about sims or what people use to parse.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-09-20 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I don't disagree with the sim suggestion; but this is off topic from the OP, as are other posts. Topic is explicitly NOT about sims or what people use to parse.
    The OP might have been, the post I was replying to wasn't, though. They literally talked about their simmed results.

The OP might have been, the post I was replying to wasn't, though. They literally talked about their simmed results.
    Obviously. And both points are off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Obviously. And both points are off topic.
    Well, I'm glad we have the topic police. And now that you've spent 2 posts complaining, care to contribute to the TOPIC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post

Belt: Not quite as bad as the chest piece but still streaky. If I had all of the legendary items to choose from, I would again avoid this one due to the RNG nature.
    Some pretty bad advice right there.

Deleted
    I gotta disagree with majority here that claim hood being best one. I've had every single affliction legendary for while and I haven't used the head for long long time. For me go to legendaries for ST bosses are belt and Netherlord ring and most likely Prydaz + sephuz or Netherlord ring for very high m+ keys.

If you start looking your logs more closely, you realize that belt will net you more shards throughout raid boss than Hood.

Helm and Belt are actually fairly similar in what they do (net more shards), it's just how you use them that's different. Helm is automatic, while Belt requires you to pay attention to UA uptime. In return, Belt tends to yield more shards on average. Also there's the obvious difference of stats/slot, i.e. the Belt doesn't take a tier slot which matters if you're going 2+4.

But the Helm, despite being automatic, is still RNG. Nightfall procs may be more frequent, but remain somewhat random. This can lead to overcapping, one of the worst things to happen; the Belt of course is more difficult to overcap with.

I got the legs last night... the demonic portal is kinda useful in certain fights.... dps wise I wish I got something else

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    I got the legs last night... the demonic portal is kinda useful in certain fights.... dps wise I wish I got something else
    I got the legs last night too. My warlocks first legendary. I honestly would rather have any other legendary especially since affliction has so many good ones.

Id say the ring is the best one possible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    I got the legs last night too. My warlocks first legendary. I honestly would rather have any other legendary especially since affliction has so many good ones.
    You'd think so. On my new account I now have 5 legendaries, including boots, cloak, bracers, and the trinket - pretty much the worst of the worst, sans legs. But I do also have the belt, I guess, so that's something. Nowhere to go but up from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AHappyPlushToy View Post
    Id say the ring is the best one possible to get.
    I would agree.. imo its:

Neth ring
    Belt
    Helm

After that it's a toss up and others still have uses but those 3 will be what you should shoot for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I would agree.. imo its:

Neth ring
    Belt
    Helm
    A reasonable simplification, however there are at least 2 fights (possibly 3) where the Corruption ring is also very good (DI and Host, plus possibly Harjatan); that's basically at least the same number of fights Helm is good on (DI and Avatar).

Helm and Belt do basically the same thing, with Belt being more rewarding if you play well, and Helm being easier to use. Netherlord is just universally great on most fights, provided the difficulty is high enough that the execute phase lasts a while; if you are doing heroic and are in a raid with 10 warriors and hunters, expect it to perform much differently.

Low difficulty in general will probably skew things quite a bit, as there's wildly varying setups and performance at that level, which make it difficult to find an optimization. Other factors will probably contribute more to your DPS than your legendary setup will. At Mythic, that tends to change.

Deleted
    For heroic TOS i'm currently running helm and chest/netherlord. Sacrolash has still not dropped for me which i would use for DI/Host/Miss.

For mythic progression atm i swap out the helm for Prydaz, the survivability it provides is pretty amazing for affliction and i value the execute from netherlord more as sub 35% is much longer on mythic. Once we start with mistress and we are comfortable with damage/healing to not need prydaz i'm going to swap in stretons and switch to the rolling contagion UA multi-dotting method with SH rather than using seed as i dont have sacrolash anyways.

Deleted
    The hood will siginifanctly gain in importance is the horrendously awful T21 affliction two-piece bonus stays that way. It's a proc off Agony ticks, so basically, the hood increases the chance of that proc (although on single target it starts at 2% per tick so even the increased chance over time due to more ticks is still shit)

10+ Year Old Account
    A reasonable simplification, however there are at least 2 fights (possibly 3) where the Corruption ring is also very good (DI and Host, plus possibly Harjatan); that's basically at least the same number of fights Helm is good on (DI and Avatar).
    Agree for the most part. Probably could have explained that a bit better.

Not sure I'd rock ring on Harj because the belt picks are so juicy and you almost have to play with SotN, but you could do worse. Helm is really good on Mistress in addition to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    For heroic TOS i'm currently running helm and chest/netherlord. Sacrolash has still not dropped for me which i would use for DI/Host/Miss.

For mythic progression atm i swap out the helm for Prydaz, the survivability it provides is pretty amazing for affliction and i value the execute from netherlord more as sub 35% is much longer on mythic. Once we start with mistress and we are comfortable with damage/healing to not need prydaz i'm going to swap in stretons and switch to the rolling contagion UA multi-dotting method with SH rather than using seed as i dont have sacrolash anyways.
    That's not how you dps mistress. You tab agony/corruption onto the adds, and dump your UAs into the boss. You run Chest+Netherlord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    That's not how you dps mistress. You tab agony/corruption onto the adds, and dump your UAs into the boss. You run Chest+Netherlord.
    Yep i will do that but only if our add damage is good enough, as we haven't even started progress on the fight yet i've yet to see, tho we do have a lot of melee in our group tho so hopefully the adds will die fast enough just to pump UA's into the boss.

Also stretons just dropped so basically just want to try them out in at least one fight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Yep i will do that but only if our add damage is good enough, as we haven't even started progress on the fight yet i've yet to see, tho we do have a lot of melee in our group tho so hopefully the adds will die fast enough just to pump UA's into the boss.

Also stretons just dropped so basically just want to try them out in at least one fight!!!
    They're can be pretty good in mythic plus.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You don't tab corruption onto the adds. time Seed of corruption casts with burden of pain casts. adds should never live long enough to make a refresh worthwhile (unless you're stopping dps on them which means you also shouldn't refresh)

There is no mandatory legendary combo. Chest + Netherlord is good, but I preferred 2pc/4pc + belt and netherlord. +10% on each UA is big, and that compounds with the damage bonuses on this fight when you really go HAM (i.e. with bufferfish and 30-36 sec soul harvest).