Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Terraria and Minecraft are good examples, yeah, but they're also sadly not common is my point.

I mean, the free remaster thing was done by Skyrim also, but still, not common.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't what I was talking about though when I said "that game doesn't affect me".
    Remastered Skyrim doesn't hold a candle to dinvity. They fully voice acted the game added in new quest touched up the main story in a massive way added a new weapon type. It's pretty much the main reason I think the divinity guys are the best game company. First they released an amazing game then they put a ton more work into the game to make it even better and gave it free to every one who had supported them.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Oh then ya I agree early access is pretty bad but I did buy divinity 2 on it because I wanted to support the company and missed the kick starter, though I never played it till launch.
    I can give that a pass because I assume you made the purchase off the faith from the first game. And those PnP style RPGs are hard to come by so helping the company that made the best one in the last decade make another is a tad different.

The only EA I bought into was ARK, lots of lofty promises, lots of good updates early on, promise of a firm release date. They finally went gold last month, 18 months after their promised release date, game is still a buggy mess with a few game breaking ones that keep me away.
    First and Last EA for me.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But it does affect you. If they do something successful, it will go into other games and impact those games developments.
    Genn I'm not getting into this man.

You know what I meant, I'm telling you how I meant it, and you're just trying to twist it into some completely obvious point that I'm not even denying. Let's not play the semantics game of "Well, technically what you said can be twisted into this point!". :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost exclusively buy used or on sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Genn I'm not getting into this man.

You know what I meant, I'm telling you how I meant it, and you're just trying to twist it into some completely obvious point that I'm not even denying. Let's not play the semantics game of "Well, technically what you said can be twisted into this point!". :/
    You're right, what others in Overwatch do does not affect you, until Shadows of war has loot boxes and has systems built around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    @ the OP: I agree with everything.

They chose to mod knowing it would be free before hand, they only deserve to be paid if they go into it expecting pay, they didn't. Modding has never been about making money, it's about sharing your love of the game with the game's community, and making tweaks/additions to the game that you feel make it better, and sharing those with the community. It's a hobby, not a job, like a hobbyist artist that just makes stuff and posts it online for everyone to see, they do it because they like doing it, not because they expect to be paid... If you want to make games and content for games and make money from it, there's already a job for that, it's called being a fucking game developer.
    Just because someone starts doing something they enjoy as a hobby doesn't mean they shouldn't turn it into a source of income if they want to. No one starts doing art to make money. Almost always people start being artists as a hobby because its fun, and then decide to turn that into a career later.

Same should go for ANY hobby. If you want to make it your living, you can. Look at Etsy. Lots of people who starting making shit as a hobby first, like say you wanted to make knitted pillows. You did it for fun. But guess what, there might be a market for knitted pillows. Now you can make money.

Why do the people who spend hours on mods not deserve $ if the base game developer allows it?

I almost exclusively buy used or on sale.
    That's what I am doing with Destiny 2, if I ever get it at all.

You're right, what others in Overwatch do does not affect you, until Shadows of war has loot boxes and has systems built around it.
    And thus, the cycle of pain and torment begins anew.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

I will hang myself from my own tombstone.

That wasn't even what I said in the slightest.

I'm not talking in some grand statements of economy/trends.

I'm just saying what happens in LoL specifically does not affect me, because I don't care for it, so I won't waste my time talking about it and why I hate it.

Im not going to talk about how other games affect me, because "reasons", lol well played.

It DOES affect you, regardless if you can see it or admit it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Oh your right I comptly forgot they had pushed it back.
    There's almost always a sacrifice. Time, Money or Quality.

Something has to go, you can't have a quality game that had heart and soul poured into it created quickly and within a budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    That's what I am doing with Destiny 2, if I ever get it at all.

And thus, the cycle of pain and torment begins anew.
    Only game I am looking to get new is Monster hunter world. Will pick it up day 1. I did get my last MH game used for 5 dollars. Got 250 hours out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Im not going to talk about how other games affect me, because "reasons", lol well played.

It DOES affect you, regardless if you can see it or admit it.
    And this is why I told Genn I'm not doing this.

I never claimed the TREND doesn't affect me. I said as A GAME, LoL doesn't affect me, because I refuse to play it.

From there, Genn tried to twist that into "well, the trend though!!!!" which isn't what I said at all. Misinterpreting my post to try to prove something that I'm not denying is just a waste of time.

Of course the trend itself affects other games, that's a completely obvious thing, and a waste of time to debate. But then again, I never claimed otherwise, dude.

Only game I am looking to get new is Monster hunter world. Will pick it up day 1.
    I'm interested in that but not yet sold on it. Need to see more.

As for your comparison concerning Overwatch and Shadow of War? Spot on. Not sure why I didn't consider using that as a prime example of how bad practices infect other games. How can you argue one is okay while the other is not justified? You can't really. That's the problem and why the lines start getting obscured. Thus, the continual wheel of bullshit turns and turns until we're all covered in a thick layer of excrement.

At least with League it traded something for the in-game shop. These games now-a-days, want it all. There is no trade. You're getting hit from every direction because they can get away with it. "Oh if Overwatch can be a full-priced game with a shitty gambling system why can't we?" I mean shit, they probably put more work and money into Shadow of War so yeah, why the fuck not?!
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-20 at 09:29 PM.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why I told Genn I'm not doing this.

I never claimed the TREND doesn't affect me. I said as A GAME, LoL doesn't affect me, because I refuse to play it.

From there, Genn tried to twist that into "well, the trend though!!!!" which isn't what I said at all. Misinterpreting my post to try to prove something that I'm not denying is just a waste of time.

Of course the trend itself affects other games, that's a completely obvious thing, and a waste of time to debate. But then again, I never claimed otherwise, dude.
    But the trend is created by A GAME.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I'm interested in that but not yet sold on it. Need to see more.

As for your comparison concerning Overwatch and Shadow of War? Spot on. Not sure why I didn't consider using that as a prime example of how bad practices infect other games. How can you argue one is okay while the other is not justified? You can't really. That's the problem and why the lines start getting obscured. Thus, the continual wheel of bullshit turns and turns until we're all covered in a thick layer of excrement.
    If its as good or roughly as good as it was on Wii U, I will be satisfied. As it will be on PS4, Xbox, and PC, and looks like it, it will def improve in some aspects. Also the online for all 3 of those platforms is leagues above Wii U, so co-op will be more fun.

Thats all a game needs to be for me. Roughly as good as the last one I played when it comes to a new release in a series.

FO4.... fuck that game, didn't live up to NV or even 3 in the slightest. If it was roughly as good as 3, I woulda been much happier
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-09-20 at 09:31 PM.

But the trend is created by A GAME.
    Thank you sir, I never would have noticed without you saying that.

Except my point was just I'm not going to complain about how LoL does things, because I just don't care. When that starts affecting a game I do care about? Maybe I will. Or maybe I'll just drop the game and not care because it has a practice I don't like, rather than waste my time trying to change something I can't with words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you sir, I never would have noticed without you saying that.

Except my point was just I'm not going to complain about how LoL does things, because I just don't care. When that starts affecting a game I do care about? Maybe I will. Or maybe I'll just drop the game and not care because it has a practice I don't like, rather than waste my time trying to change something I can't with words.
    Its already affecting you.

Its already affecting you.
    Show me where I said it isn't then.

I've been pretty forward about what I meant. In fact, so crystal clear, even a bird would accidentally fly into it. Just because you feel like pointing out the obvious doesn't mean anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me where I said it isn't then.

I've been pretty forward about what I meant. In fact, so crystal clear, even a bird would accidentally fly into it. Just because you feel like pointing out the obvious doesn't mean anything.
    But you dont care, or maybe you do, maybe you dont. Sounds like babble.

But you dont care, or maybe you do, maybe you dont. Sounds like babble.
    That's not answering my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I wanted to touch on this point. Kickstarter "usually" has a passionate (though maybe not experienced) person behind it. The entire project may become overwhelming and lead to cut content or delays. You are funding someone's dream... and while it sounds great... it doesn't guarantee that they have the knowledge or skill to make that dream a reality.

Now on to AAA studios using Kickstarter... well that's just a shitty practice. It should be a place for independant developers to get funding.
    Kickstarter is garbage. Like 90% of everything on there is retarded nonsense.

Bigger companies like EA and Ubisoft, they have sway with how things evolve. What they do usually affects the trends. The shitter they are, the more consumers support them, the more other companies think they can get away with the same scandalous fuckery.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Kickstarter is garbage. Like 90% of everything on there is retarded nonsense.
    By the way Kickstarter works though, that 90% should be failing if no one is interested in it.

The issue that comes from that remaining 10% is when 2-3% about don't live up to what was promised.