Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    If you want powerful fancy arcane elves you have the shal'dorei. If you want strong, agile and powerful nature&light (elune) magic elves you have the kaldorei (they have a lot of cool stuff, the druids, sentinels, wardens, priestess of the moon, and their nature allies)

The sin'dorei are just 'eh', they're highbornelike elves but more humanized.

Anyways, I think they should develop the highborne a bit more, could be very interesting to see disputes betwen the mainstream kaldorei society and the shen'dralar, they will be fully integrated to the society someday, they couldn't be like pariah for ever.
    I am with you regarding Kal'dorei and Shal'dorei, but Sin'dorei still have much lore and drama from the recent storylinces since WC3, so I would not dismiss them just like you do. They also provide an interesting twist on the typical "high elf" from generic fantasy, which goes very well with the overall themes running through some other Horde races. They have had some kind of addiction to overcome like the Orcs. They have had to suffer a massive assault on their homeland just like the Forsaken. They are an old race like the Trolls. And while Shal'dorei have been there for a long time in terms of the overall WoW timeline, they "come late to the party" because of their introduction in Legion, while Sin'dorei even predate WoW to some extent.

I would also expect the Nightborne to side with the Horde, not with the Alliance. They have more in common with the Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    it was a dividing line too. It's one thing to draw from artifices another thing from living things. Especially for principled types or holy types. Same with the highborne and nightborne even in the very weakened nightfallen state the Suramar nightfallen wouldn't feed on the living. Only those transitioning like Runas did so and it was the sign that you were past the point of no return.

Mcaltrous typifies a night elf response. Even siphoning off the ley lines was degrading enough. Bottom lowering she called it sneering and does so as nightfallen.
    Wonder what she would have done if Suramar would have been overrun by the Legion just like the Scourge raped the High Elves' homeland. Technically, exiled Shal'dorei still have these ancient mana crystals all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Wonder what she would have done if Suramar would have been overrun by the Legion just like the Scourge raped the High Elves' homeland. Technically, exiled Shal'dorei still have these ancient mana crystals all over the place.
    Different situations. While the nightborne have all those mana crystas around, they wither and die without magic, while high elves suffered pain, but did not automatically become wretched and die (wretched are very different from withered; wretched are those elves that are warped due to over indulging magic, withering happens in the absence of magical energies to feed off).

The challenge of the high elves was to find enough magic to dminish their pain and to not fall into the temptation of over indulgence. The nightborne, in opposition, needed mana to not die.

Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    Moonguard are not highborne they're night elf magi but they were not part of the kaldorei noblesse.

I think they should develop the shen'dralar more, really. It sucks they created an entire new night elf subrace (nightborne) instead of developing actually playable and living highborne! duh!

Also were shen'dralar sided with Azshara? IIRC they were not. They actually fought the legion with Goldrinn help. In wolfheart malfurion just accussed them for staying behind the walls of Eldre'thalas.

I wouldn't be surprised if originally it was normal night elves in Suramar.
    Night elves were so uncool. Blizzard had to jazz them up physically to to match a grander vision. These were Empire elves who had contd practicing magic after all.

Ofc it cud have nothing to do with that and everything to do with just telling an interesting story and visualising a different scenario for night elves if they hadn't give. Up the arcane from the empire days.

I don't think they ever sided with her. But Malfurion does seem to suggest they dragged their feet a lot before engaging

There an entire other side of the planet left unexplored. Could be millions of high elves over there. We have no idea.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There an entire other side of the planet left unexplored. Could be millions of high elves over there. We have no idea.
    Greenwood is actually a continent full of billions of alliance aligned high elves just waiting to be playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Regarding Blood Elves/High Elves, I wrote the last half of this without seeing a couple posts afterward, so...guess I wasted a lot of time. Regardless, on the Nightborne:

The biological changes were pretty extreme. Their body structures are much more slight, musculature is much leaner, and they will literally wither away and die without
    2. It's not just behavioral for the Nightborne, it's anatomical, as you're noting now. Their fingers, arms, chests, legs, chins, ears are all leaner, thinner, more fragile. This is because they relied entirely on magic to nourish them and supplement for actual muscular strength for 10,000 years. Not to mention their biological need for mana or they die, something the Night Elves do not suffer from. This single fact alone is pretty important to understanding their mentality and Elisande's choices.
    3. My understanding is that they evolved from the Kaldorei Highborne--a class distinction, not a race one, as they were not different anatomically from the rest of their race at the time. Arguably, they evolved from what we see as modern-day Night Elves into the slender, mana-dependent creatures known as the Nightborne, not from High Elves, making the differences even more marked. I understand that the evolution to High Elves as we know them happened after they were cut off from the World Tree or whatever, and then their bodies started to degrade--they evolved separately and later, after Suramar barricaded itself to avoid the Sundering.
    I don't get it. How is getting skinnier an anatomical change. You saw Thalyssra just lose weight in the transition video. You ever lost a lot weight before? Or seen a sped up recording of someone? It's no different. Sure nightborne changed somewhat from their original form but it doesn't seem a big one and not necessarily a better one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Greenwood is actually a continent full of billions of alliance aligned high elves just waiting to be playable.
    Roflmao. They've built a bigger and brighter silver moon too. They calm it Goldensun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    They already were. Despite the fact that they were once the pinnacle of magical ability of Azeroth, they have gone by the wayside since they've been in hiding. The Moon Guard was easily beaten by the Nightborne in Suramar, and they didn't really add anything to the campaign later on. The Highborne of Eldre'thalas have stagnated themselves for 10,000 years, which has made them look outdated in the eyes of other elves. In Azshara during a Horde questline to stop the Alliance's effort there, Andorel Sunsworn mocks the highborne, saying that they have wasted potential and outdated magic - he uses some of their outdated spells against them in the form of "hacking" their arcane familiars, which he points out were outlawed in Quel'thalas 1500 years prior for that very reason - though obviously the Kirin Tor, ogres, and even Nightborne heavily use arcane familiar to this day. Even the other night elves distrust or dislike the Highborne, not really allowing them to practice as much magic as they would like (at least as of Wolfheart). even in that book, they were afraid of stagnating magically if they didn't practice magic in the woods (which Malfurion had forbidden).

We have seen a few Highborne, of course, since Cataclysm, even a few in Legion itself. However, very few are shown to be important. Two of them are simply looking for the ghosts of their parents at Nar'thalas, and one stands in the entryway to the mage order hall - though he has no lines or services. We certainly see a lot of ghostly Highborne around Azsuna - Farondis most of all. We do go inside the academy and learn a few things about wands and spells, which Khadgar has us repeat in world quests because they will "help us against the Legion" due to their renown.

However, the most advanced and powerful versions of Highborne are now Blood Elves and Nightborne. High Elves are few in number, and half of them seem to prefer being rangers. Highborne are around, but lore-wise they aren't even allowed to practice magic in the city they live in.
    Thou
    I get it. I thought blizzard already confirmed the Azshara zone quest was over night elf novices few weeks into training. It was the new night elf mages at that were using outdated magic. Prob a combo from free willing it and long unpractised magical knowledge from 10 k years ago. They are relics those night elves. Still tho to do what we saw in Azshara in the space of weeks is phenomenal be terrifying to cos it shows an extraordinary talent and altitude for magic. But no blood elf worth his salt should ever admit that.

How can your magic be outdated when you were masters of an art in an age that did wonders today's people's haven't even dreamed off, and you didn't lose practice or ban or anything like that but like a true schooler contd learning fascinated by your field even though your everything around you is falling into andishevelled mess.

Doesn't the game tell us they've been a dying a lot on the world too? They'd probably know all our new techniques and likely not be impressed and just consider them a curiosity. After all what would they have to do with refining battle magical skills all lost in their books isolated from anyone till satyrs and ogres broke in after 3rd war.
    There magic would be close to the nightborne but I believe they are so few, that until they train up enough new highborne ", we won't notice their impact more unless blizz focus on one of them

Been the Queens exclusive highborne researchers, I think they along with the highborne of Zin'Azhari palace (the best of the 3 as these would be those closest to the Queen likely having the most talented dclose to her. And Suramar which held the forefront of magical development and learning pondering secrets with blue dragons. Both the city and the famous Marjthala academy.

While I'm more impressed with the blood elves as they have done much more with less of everything than any nigh elf group. Magically it makes no sense given their accounts that she d'ralar highborne or nightborne are outdated blood elves are smart will be able to adapt and catch up exceeding both groups once they do, but at this point I don't think we can match the highborne or nightborne. Good thing they like us and are curious of our "new kingdom and finally meet a group that has some half decent magic

Ofc they do. It's the highborne club. No night elves allowed. Only highborne kin

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I could PM this to @The Iron Fist and pretend is an actual quote coming a dev.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.