Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If everyone moves out of the big cities it will create new big cities and housing costs will increase accordingly.
    At least you own a home before everyone else moves in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    we dont have those people around but we have folks that are rightfully pissed of at the system where a 1 bedroom apartment costs 1500 dollars a month and we are supposed to finance that with 7 dollar wages really if you cant see how that doesnt work really feel sorry for your education
    Leave that 7 dollar an hour job for a better one?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    At least you own a home before everyone else moves in?
    Not everyone can afford their own home no matter how cheap it is. The vast majority of people rent whether or not they live in a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You do realize the median Family income has decreased right? That tends to make people feel like they are working for nothing.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...sehold-income/

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah no one has ever thought of that one. You're a real genius.
    Seems like there is no follow through though with some people.

they always think blaming the immigrants will fix it, when the fact is those immigrants are a key core to the survival of the USA. without them you are fucked just imagine how bad it would be if you removed the billions foreign nationals invest in this economy and i can promise you the economic disaster of GW Bush will look like a strong economy
    Except he is not referring to Immigrants. He is talking about corporations in places like China buying up tons of land.

Not everyone can afford their own home no matter how cheap it is.
    Get a better job then. Move out of the city. You just won.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isnt nation bashing by pointing out the facts if you think it is perhaps you should make sure we fix those issues that are so offensive to you that you think it is nation bashing just saying if you cant stand the facts just make sure we fix it and not just go nation bashing naaah naah naah i cant stand the facts as they are so it must be nation bashing fix the problem and you dont have to worry about your lack of proudness
    I do not find it particularly offensive.

OP posts a negative thread about the US for every positive one about Canada.

A trend is a trend or If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...........

Whats next going to defend the OPs obsessive Fat Shaming?

Get a better job then. Move out of the city. You just won.
    There are no better jobs out of the city for the most part (esp. ones that pay better).

There are no better jobs out of the city for the most part (esp. ones that pay better).
    Then commute or not own a home without getting a really great job so you don't have a long commute?

we dont have those people around but we have folks that are rightfully pissed of at the system where a 1 bedroom apartment costs 1500 dollars a month and we are supposed to finance that with 7 dollar wages really if you cant see how that doesnt work really feel sorry for your education
    rofl. this ole classic. you arent supposed to do shit with 7 dollar an hour wages. a 7 dollar an hour wage is not a "career job". im guessing you are of the belief that a burger flipper at whatever fast food restaurant should be entitled to 30 dollars an hour on a basic high school education? when are you people gonna figure out that you dont sustain a "happy" life on minimum wage. it is YOUR responsibility to make yourself marketable and get a better education and job. lets also no forget that it is YOUR environment. you dont like the cost or expense of your environment, then MOVE. now i know you are gonna lash back with about 5 different things to make it seem like someone should pity that type, but for the most part, its nonsense. i wasnt making shit for wages until after age 30 when i realized i needed to go back to school, get my education in my field and make myself marketable. i have NO ONE to blame for me sitting around for over a decade making shit money. i coulda done it earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like there is no follow through though with some people.
    for the most part, there isnt. just stand around and bitch about it...expect free shit....profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    away from a lot of jobs though

doubt a small town needs a software engineer for anything other than websites
    The national average for that job is 103k usd per year. Mind telling me how you are unable to save up to buy your own home? Do you really need that 3k usd apartment? This seems more like a problem with you than society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    rofl. this ole classic. you arent supposed to do shit with 7 dollar an hour wages. a 7 dollar an hour wage is not a "career job". im guessing you are of the belief that a burger flipper at whatever fast food restaurant should be entitled to 30 dollars an hour on a basic high school education? when are you people gonna figure out that you dont sustain a "happy" life on minimum wage. it is YOUR responsibility to make yourself marketable and get a better education and job. lets also no forget that it is YOUR environment. you dont like the cost or expense of your environment, then MOVE. now i know you are gonna lash back with about 5 different things to make it seem like someone should pity that type, but for the most part, its nonsense. i wasnt making shit for wages until after age 30 when i realized i needed to go back to school, get my education in my field and make myself marketable. i have NO ONE to blame for me sitting around for over a decade making shit money. i coulda done it earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

for the most part, there isnt. just stand around and bitch about it...expect free shit....profit.
    When the infrastructure bill comes to being signed people will still whine there are no decent jobs afterwards. I bet $10 someone will complain they can't find a state job that pays a minimum of 17 an hour with no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    color me shocked. in a society filled with "give it to me now for free" entitled assholes, people are unhappy.....
    Every time I see rhetoric like this I just picture an old man shaking his fist on his porch shouting "Kids these days!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Obviously people are going to choose

over this

Then you probably won't own a home unless you get an amazing job. Hf with that.

Not surprising given the wealth gap and rising inequality.
    Which makes it really shocking that Bernie couldn't even win the Primaries let alone get elected. The one candidate who was actually going to allow more people to achieve the American dream.
    Bernie Sanders was cheated out at the very beginning by the DNC, no ?

Obviously people are going to choose

over this

I hate cities, so I'd take the bottom one easy...

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people with serious issues of living beyond their means.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Bernie Sanders was cheated out at the very beginning by the DNC, no ?

I hate cities, so I'd take the bottom one easy...
    Most democrats I've talked to honestly didn't want the tax hikes he proposed.

Then commute or not own a home without getting a really great job so you don't have a long commute?
    But you just told to own a home. Which one is it? Try to keep your story consistent.

But you just told to own a home. Which one is it? Try to keep your story consistent.
    It's a choice do you want to drive to the city to your job from your home you own (which might be long) or do you want to ride your bike from your apartment? How is this hard to grasp?

It's a choice do you want to drive to the city to your job from your home you own (which might be long) or do you want to ride your bike from your apartment? How is this hard to grasp?
    You said people can own a home if they move out of the city and it's a win/win. But this does not apply to the majority of people no matter how cheap it'll be, because it's never going to be THAT cheap. You made the argument for owning a home out of the city while working out of the city, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well considering we make up the majority of the work force in the largest economy in the world.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...s-labor-force/
    I don't see many millennials doing actual hard work. Flipping Burgers can hardly be called hard work...except by Millennials.

The national average for that job is 103k usd per year. Mind telling me how you are unable to save up to buy your own home? Do you really need that 3k usd apartment? This seems more like a problem with you than society.

- - - Updated - - -

When the infrastructure bill comes to being signed people will still whine there are no decent jobs afterwards. I bet $10 someone will complain they can't find a state job that pays a minimum of 17 an hour with no experience.
    Don't gotta tell me that, I live in suburbs, below my means, to save money.