Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Every time I see rhetoric like this I just picture an old man shaking his fist on his porch shouting "Kids these days!"
    yup...mid 30s and just full of rhetoric. it couldnt be that its possibly true right? take a look around you. what im saying is hardly "old man" rhetoric. im not so naive as to say its any one generation, but overall it has become EXTREMELY popular to demand without work. i challenge you to talk to someone who has lived through the 30s or so. talk to someone who lived through the dust bowl. ask them what it was like and how they had to live. take that, and then google the modern day response to people's complaints about what they are "owed".

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I don't see many millennials doing actual hard work. Flipping Burgers can hardly be called hard work...except by Millennials.
    There aren't a lot of choises in the job market. People take what they can.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    There aren't a lot of choises in the job market. People take what they can.
    its really hard to get a job making 50k a year or higher if you arent marketable and consider yourself a professional with a degree in basketweaving....

You said people can own a home if they move out of the city and it's a win/win. But this does not apply to the majority of people no matter how cheap it'll be, because it's never going to be THAT cheap. You made the argument for owning a home out of the city while working out of the city, not me.
    You can work in or out of a city and make enough to own a home. I'm just saying if you do work in a city then look outside of it to own a home.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    its really hard to get a job making 50k a year or higher if you arent marketable and consider yourself a professional with a degree in basketweaving....
    I'm sorry to break your fantasy but millenials are some of the highest educated ever. Too well educated some might say because the job market doesn't exist to employ them all according to their degree. So they take jobs that are well below their education.

I'm sorry to break your fantasy but millenials are some of the highest educated ever. Too well educated some might say because the job market doesn't exist to employ them all according to their degree. So they take jobs that are well below their education.
    Yet they don't have the skillset to get the jobs right now that pay well. So their education levels mean jack shit. They have to retrain or stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yet they don't have the skillset to get the jobs right now that pay well. So their education levels mean jack shit. They have to retrain or stop whining.
    I'm not sure you understand how society or economics work. There will always be only a limited amount of well paying jobs. Someone will be left out no matter if they have the skills or not.

I'm a millennial and my "American Dream" is to get into real estate like my parents. Too bad my current job only pays just over 50k which isn't anywhere enough to do this kind of thing when you're living in the city.

I'm not sure you understand how society or economics work. There will always be only a limited amount of well paying jobs. Someone will be left out no matter if they have the skills or not.
    I don't think you understand how companies have labor shortages because they can't find people with the skillset to do the jobs they offer. Sorry you can't use your masters in basket weaving degree you worked so hard for. There are companies that are so desperate they pay well and pay for your classroom time for your new career.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    yup...mid 30s and just full of rhetoric. it couldnt be that its possibly true right? take a look around you. what im saying is hardly "old man" rhetoric. im not so naive as to say its any one generation, but overall it has become EXTREMELY popular to demand without work. i challenge you to talk to someone who has lived through the 30s or so. talk to someone who lived through the dust bowl. ask them what it was like and how they had to live. take that, and then google the modern day response to people's complaints about what they are "owed".
    Hopefully one day you'll grow up and realize that the system now is no where near the same as whatever system you're referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I'm a millennial and my "American Dream" is to get into real estate like my parents. Too bad my current job only pays just over 50k which isn't anywhere enough to do this kind of thing when you're living in the city.
    Just focus on getting married and having happy times with your family. Chasing $$ gets you nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I don't think you understand how companies have labor shortages because they can't find people with the skillset to do the jobs they offer. Sorry you can't use your masters in basket weaving degree you worked so hard for. There are companies that are so desperate they pay well and pay for your classroom time for your new career.
    Making fun of basket weaving as a degree is ironic. Your specific bachelors degree isn't weighted that heavily to employers compared to other variables. Colleges =/= Trade Schools.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Considering the wealthgap 20% seems allot! Am I wrong here?
    Just means 19 of the 20% are overly optimistic of their financial position
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Almost 40 percent of Americans do not own homes, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Ghosn says nearly 50 percent of millennials rent.

60% of Americans own their own home? That's pretty amazing.

The best choice for most people is renting, buying a home is great but only if you are paying a ton in taxes because home ownership is a great tax write off.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I believe Dusty Rhodes passed away already.
    rip never forget
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Almost 40 percent of Americans do not own homes, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Ghosn says nearly 50 percent of millennials rent.

60% of Americans own their own home? That's pretty amazing.
    Pardon me but that sounds suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Precisely. We're graduating people with more knowledge about white privilege and 72 genders than we are people who understand basic economics enough to balance a checkbook. Thanks, liberals.
    Are you an alt account for trolling? Or do you just forget things from over 10 years ago. Schools have always been glorified day care centers all the way up to universities. A liberal agenda hasn't changed the fact that we have never taught those basic principles in school.

rofl ok. so the most educated in WHAT? this becomes a discussion about qualifications. not about how many degrees in colors you have. if you have 18 degrees in business but want to be an engineer, then what? lol you still arent following the point. the original point of mine was to make yourself marketable to what you want to do. complaining about not getting a job you arent qualified is nonsense. as for the ones who DO hold degrees in their field, they arent patient for shit. they want a six figure salary fresh out of school with no real job related experience. im not saying education is bad, im saying do your due diligence and work your way up. dont literally (because we have meetings and see this every damn day) complain about your pay and your needs, 6 months into your job fresh out of school. prove yourself and then negotiate accordingly. if you are in fact that good of a worker, it will show and you will have more to bargain with.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well it is called a DREAM for a reason
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Hopefully one day you'll grow up and realize that the system now is no where near the same as whatever system you're referring to.
    hopefully one day you will grow up and realize that companies have been companies doing the same things for literally decades upon decades. proving yourself a valuable employee and making yourself marketable (once again) is what you need to do. in that respect, companies are EXACTLY the same as they have been.