10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    I think the extra enemies appear during events that the Flashpoint is on. Noticed it this week too, both the giant Shank on the Fallen encounters, along with the extra Hive boss on the Witches ritual. Must be a way to keep Flashpoints a little bit more exciting.
    I could see this being the most likely reason. When you unlock flashpoints Cayde even mentions they will be areas where an increased enemy presence has been found.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yeah but Yahtzee isn't really meant to be taken seriously he's more about entertaining than actually helping people decide if a game is worth buying or not.
    True in theory but god damn did his fedoracore 'pc master race' shit spread like the plague with the neckbeard crowd that ran it into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    True in theory but god damn did his fedoracore 'pc master race' shit spread like the plague with the neckbeard crowd that ran it into the ground.
    I didn't think he started that especially since he's always being sarcastic when he says it.

So having ran the raid again for the second week in a row on both my Titan and Warlock, my opinion of it hasn't changed.

It still feels lackluster and straight up boring at times. Once your team has the strategies down, the encounters become super easy to the point where they aren't even fun. I don't foresee myself continuing to run it much more, especially since my characters are both over 300 Power level now (305 is the absolute max that can be reached currently).

Also, we seemed to run into WAY more bugs this week than we did last week. Bugs like the dogs not leaving the safe room, even though no one had jumped down yet. The dogs detecting people across the room with multiple objects in between them. The lamps staying immune to damage in the baths even though it was damage phase on them. The runners on the gauntlet dying from not collecting charges even though they ran through them and their screen registered that they picked them up. People in the shadow realm on the Calus fight who literally got sucked off the platform sideways and fell to their deaths. It was absolutely ridiculous.

So overall, still not impressed with this raid. It's already become mind numbingly easy (when you aren't getting screwed over by bugs). It's like, in their pursuit to cram as many mechanics into the raid encounters as possible, Bungie forgot what actually made raids fun. Getting to shoot big bads with all of our cool, shiny new gear. This raid boils down to.....do all these retarded mechanics and shoot some trash mobs and move on to the next encounter. Rinse and repeat. Oh, and you might get lucky to get one or two drops of gear along the way.

And speaking of gear, the raid armor still blows aesthetically IMO. I've seen the full set for both a Titan and Warlock now, and they are both ugly as hell. I've been infusing mine into other gear that looks far better (Devastation Complex armor on the Titan FTW!).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-21 at 01:10 AM.

Got an honest trailer if you're looking for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Got an honest trailer if you're looking for a laugh.
    I watched it yesterday and it's very funny also it seems that they guy is actually enjoying it.

After readin lots of the posts above it seems there's currently not much for long term player retention, but a) we've just started and b) it's entirely possible the plans for the game are very far from it. Honestly, they have sold the copies, more stuff would be for "free" (not going into "cut content territory") excluding planned expansions so why would they make more stuff out. There's no subscription and microtx currently don't look appealing.

Personally, i'm only looking forward to some quality fun time. I stopped looking towards games that last years.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Is it just me, or does Guided Games for Nightfalls suck sweaty balls as a seeker?
    I've run a few as a seeker and have yet to have a good experience.

I realize the intent for guided games is for clans to be able to find new recruits but every one I've done ends up worse than standard matchmaking with zero communication and shit runs. I highly doubt more than 5% of the clans using the feature are doing it for recruiting.

Bungie just needs to remove guided games and enable an improved matchmaking system.

Not sure why I seem to be encountering so many bugs...

Before the reset I was trying to get 5k exp for my clan. I was at like 90-95% and I stopped getting exp. It was getting late so I logged off and never got to finish it.

Yesterday I did 3 strikes for the challenge and at the end I was at 33%. Only my first strike gave me any credit.

When I was doing the 3 challenge missions yesterday I had a black screen after every single one of them when it sent me back to the tower.

You know I despise afk players in Strikes. I don't care if they can be done solo or 2 man it just irritates me.

Thankfully since there is player collision I can push their asses into enemy fire

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You know I despise afk players in Strikes. I don't care if they can be done solo or 2 man it just irritates me.

Thankfully since there is player collision I can push their asses into enemy fire
    Fair few times in D1 i would enter Prison of Elders and just get a "fuk u i do nutin fam" messages from the same dudebros that only had call of duty on their trophy list and nothing else and my response was usually "okay" and me and the other guy swept it anyway.

'Course twin Gjallarhorns helped.

10+ Year Old Account

I normally don't do anything like that. But now with the Challenge system, and the absence of Heroic Strikes which would actually yield appropriate gear, I find myself doing something else that is kinda scummy. Last night, I only needed to get 3 kills with a heavy, and kill like 2 more dudes with Solar. I jumped in a strike, finished my Challenge, and left the group. While it isn't nearly as bad (because I would get replaced) I do feel bad for leaving two people to fend for themselves because I was selfish and left when I got what I needed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I normally don't do anything like that. But now with the Challenge system, and the absence of Heroic Strikes which would actually yield appropriate gear, I find myself doing something else that is kinda scummy. Last night, I only needed to get 3 kills with a heavy, and kill like 2 more dudes with Solar. I jumped in a strike, finished my Challenge, and left the group. While it isn't nearly as bad (because I would get replaced) I do feel bad for leaving two people to fend for themselves because I was selfish and left when I got what I needed.
    I haven't done a ton of strikes, but I remember D1 was terrible about filling empty slots in an already in progress strike.

I had a guy leave one of my strikes a couple nights ago and they gave us a replacement pretty quickly.

Last night though there was a guy on my team that died twice before we even got into the strike. He was always way behind and dying for no reason...That shit is just as annoying as an afker. Eventually he started playing for real, but it took half the strike for that to happen.

There were people afking strikes on Day 1. So fucking annoying. Why play a game if you aren't actually going to play?

Just got 3 exotics from 3 public events in a row and thought 'man, im super lucky' but every one was the arms you get on titan from the MSQ.

Monkeys Paw in effect.

-then got my special engram from the flashpoint? SAME EXOTIC AGAIN.

Thanks for the 16 legendary shards i guess.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-09-21 at 08:12 PM.

Can you expect much changes / balance stuff to happen to classes in destiny 2?

I'm debating what to play (never played before) and I'm torn between specifically voidwalker or one of the hunter classes. Voidwalker probably fits me the most but I worry that it ends up in a situation where it makes more sense to swap to one of the other subs and I've honestly little to no interest in the other 2.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Just got 3 exotics from 3 public events in a row and thought 'man, im super lucky' but every one was the arms you get on titan from the MSQ.

Monkeys Paw in effect.

-then got my special engram from the flashpoint? SAME EXOTIC AGAIN.

Thanks for the 16 legendary shards i guess.
    I've gotten 7 or 8 Doom Fang Pauldrons in a row on my Titan. Glad to see they didn't fix the RNG system to be anymore forgiving than it was in D1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Can you expect much changes / balance stuff to happen to classes in destiny 2?

I'm debating what to play (never played before) and I'm torn between specifically voidwalker or one of the hunter classes. Voidwalker probably fits me the most but I worry that it ends up in a situation where it makes more sense to swap to one of the other subs and I've honestly little to no interest in the other 2.
    They tweaked/balanced classes in D1, so there's no reason to think they wouldn't in D2.

Also, it's ok to stick to one subclass specifically if you are most comfortable with it, however I highly suggest you learn to play all three subclasses on whichever class you go with. They all have their own strengths depending on the situation and you're a better asset to your teams if you can play all of them competently.

On Warlocks, for example, Stormcaller is the best subclass when it comes to clearing out large packs of mobs. Also, the arc soul that a Stormcaller's rift grants to people is extremely helpful in many situations.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-21 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I've gotten 7 or 8 Doom Fang Pauldrons in a row on my Titan. Glad to see they didn't fix the RNG system to be anymore forgiving than it was in D1.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think i've gotten maybe 25 exotics at this point and one titan chestpiece and hunter helm are the only ones not available from the two quests that give exotics. Either the pools super small or they just made the rates for others waaaay lower.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I've run a few as a seeker and have yet to have a good experience.

I realize the intent for guided games is for clans to be able to find new recruits but every one I've done ends up worse than standard matchmaking with zero communication and shit runs. I highly doubt more than 5% of the clans using the feature are doing it for recruiting.

Bungie just needs to remove guided games and enable an improved matchmaking system.
    I've only done guided games once but it was a very positive experience the guys I was with were very vocal and we finished the nightfall with over 3 minutes to spare. Honestly not sure why people think a normal matchmaking system would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    They tweaked/balanced classes in D1, so there's no reason to think they wouldn't in D2.

Also, it's ok to stick to one subclass specifically if you are most comfortable with it, however I highly suggest you learn to play all three subclasses on whichever class you go with. They all have their own strengths depending on the situation and you're a better asset to your teams if you can play all of them competently.

On Warlocks, for example, Stormcaller is the best subclass when it comes to clearing out large packs of mobs. Also, the arc soul that a Stormcaller's rift grants to people is extremely helpful in many situations.
    I was watchin a vid today where some dude did some cheese build with a voidwalker that basically made him invincible against packs of mobs so he was able to just plow through them while tanking everything. I dunno how realistic it was tho as I've never played.

Dunno though, in heavy debate as all 3 hunter subclasses look kinda neat in their own way with the voidwalker being a pretty much what I'd make if I could custom make a thing for myself. Keep going back and forth because of that.

How much of a pain in the dick is it to swap classes once you've invested heavily into one?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was watchin a vid today where some dude did some cheese build with a voidwalker that basically made him invincible against packs of mobs so he was able to just plow through them while tanking everything. I dunno how realistic it was tho as I've never played.

Dunno though, in heavy debate as all 3 hunter subclasses look kinda neat in their own way with the voidwalker being a pretty much what I'd make if I could custom make a thing for myself. Keep going back and forth because of that.

How much of a pain in the dick is it to swap classes once you've invested heavily into one?
    It's pretty easy honestly, far simpler than how it worked in Destiny 1 where you had to grind exp for all 3 classes. Destiny 2 just uses skill points where you get most from leveling then the rest from adventures. You can then swap classes at any time even mid combat though it puts all your skills on cooldown.