Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I always wondered why we never talk more about that. How in the world did they go from poor as hell to perhaps the strongest nation on earth in 10-20 years?
    Ah, now we are pretending that Imperial Germany did not existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbell View Post
    I never even heard of the "alt-right" until someone on the left invented that term. What the heck does it mean anyway? Does it mean the Klan? Does it mean Nazis? I don't think I have ever even seen a klansman since the 70s to be truthful and I live in Alabama. I live in a mixed neighborhood. Someone form NJ asked me how I could live with black people. Really?
    I'm not sure who coined the term, but it's been quite useful for the left. This way they can lump anyone they disagree with about anything in with the Nazis without having to defend the claim that they're actually Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because Hitler said "fuck the Treaty of Versailles", took back the Rhineland, and rebuilt the military, which put Germany back to work. Meanwhile the world let him because they remembered the horrors of the Great War, and didn't want to go to war with Germany.

And Hitler had a point; the Treaty of Versailles was a piece of shit treaty that only gave Germany every reason to start another war. Even French general Ferdinand Foch knew it, he said, in 1919, that it would lead to a war in 20 years. And WWII in Europe started in 1939.
    Maybe if the Germans had accepted to have lost the war, they would not have lost even more territory in WW2 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbell View Post
    I never even heard of the "alt-right" until someone on the left invented that term. What the heck does it mean anyway? Does it mean the Klan? Does it mean Nazis? I don't think I have ever even seen a klansman since the 70s to be truthful and I live in Alabama. I live in a mixed neighborhood. Someone form NJ asked me how I could live with black people. Really?
    Yeah, https://altright.com/

We even made them a website. Gave an actor the role of "Richard Spencer." You caught us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Maybe if the Germans had accepted to have lost the war, they would not have lost even more territory in WW2 ?
    Hard to accept losing when France was so bitter they didn't even let Germany have a healthy economy after WW1 ended. Had France given Germany fairer treatment, Hitler might not have had enough popularity to gain power. Hitler rose because the Germans saw him as someone who could restore what the victors of WWI took from them.

This is why in WWII we made every effort to rebuild Germany after they were defeated.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Somehow, they were still crushed like insects by the Red Army. So obviously, someone was way better at war than them.
    The war itself is a whole another question. Hitler did poor decisions with that.

Also it wasn't just the Red Army, they were also fighting against UK, France, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Benelux, Poland, Denmark, Norway...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Yeah, https://altright.com/

We even made them a website. Gave an actor the role of "Richard Spencer." You caught us.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to accept losing when France was so bitter they didn't even let Germany have a healthy economy after WW1 ended. Had France given Germany fairer treatment, Hitler might not have had enough popularity to gain power. Hitler rose because the Germans saw him as someone who could restore what the victors of WWI took from them.

This is why in WWII we made every effort to rebuild Germany after they were defeated.
    Versailles was a fracking joke compared to Brest-Livstock.

Silly people that call Nazis people with Nazi flags, Nazi regalia and Nazi slogans.

Why anyone would call a swatiska tattooed maniac squeaking like a rat about gassing Jews a ''Nazi'' ?

(Oh, let me guess : it's not a Nazi, because it's dah truth.)
    I don't know this @Rilch guy, but I don't think most people deny that the people chanting Blood and Soil are Nazis. There's another phenomena though, where anyone that's center or a bit wishy washy on the internet gets called a Nazi. I mean, I've been called a Nazi sympathizer just because I'm anti-violence and I do my best to take a realistic perspective of the world concerning assessing things like the threat level of various extreme ideologies.

Absolutely. It's understandable why the allied powers really wanted to stick it to Germany after WWI, but damn did they go too far with it. They directly created the conditions for WWII.

Thankfully they learned from that after WWII and didn't repeat the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    There's another phenomena though, where anyone that's center or a bit wishy washy on the internet gets called a Nazi.
    The only phenomena here is that you see a few people doing it and blow it out of proportion.

I'm not sure it had a lot to do with acceptance. I've done my best to read up on pre-WW2 Germany, and it seems to me like the average soldier had mixed feelings about WW1 both during and after. Sure, they wanted to win the war on some level, but I think a lot of them just didn't want all their pain and loss to be for nothing. WW1 was truly horrific, and in the eyes of many soldiers it was a horror inflicted upon the peasants of society by the elites in power. It was anger against the establishment and outrage at how they were treated that lead to Hitler having so much support imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The only phenomena here is that you see a few people doing it and blow it out of proportion.
    Well, there's not a ton of people that post on Gen-OT. I do see more people calling this behavior out than people engaging in said behavior, but I also don't think it's a small minority that slings around the Nazi accusation like it's going out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    A snippet from one of the articles linked below

Interesting Opinion articles to say the least. While the Raw Story article is questionable...the Times one is very interesting.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/its-...r-their-money/
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/1...ndercover.html
    And extreme left will do exactly the same, only with different heads on their bucks.

When are people going to learn that all extremists are idiots?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure it had a lot to do with acceptance. I've done my best to read up on pre-WW2 Germany, and it seems to me like the average soldier had mixed feelings about WW1 both during and after. Sure, they wanted to win the war on some level, but I think a lot of them just didn't want all their pain and loss to be for nothing. WW1 was truly horrific, and in the eyes of many soldiers it was a horror inflicted upon the peasants of society by the elites in power. It was anger against the establishment and outrage at how they were treated that lead to Hitler having so much support imo.
    And the stab-in-the-back theory was popular. German soldiers lost WWI while within French borders. Thus many of them thought the German leadership had betrayed them. I mean, if they were within France, how could they possibly be losing? Hitler believed in this theory and it wasn't difficult for him to gain influence by spreading it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    And extreme left will do exactly the same, only with different heads on their bucks.

The left wants to round people up make them slaves and put them in concentration camps?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The left wants to round people up make them slaves and put them in concentration camps?
    Only they are called gulags or camp 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Versailles was a fracking joke compared to Brest-Livstock.
    But the Russians were more concerned about the Romonovs and conditions within their country than they were with the Axis powers beyond their power. Lenin was willing to live with Brest-Livstock, he just wanted out of WWI so he could reform Russia in his image.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post

What does the extreme left have to do with this topic? "Them others dun it too" is not a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What does the extreme left have to do with this topic? "Them others dun it too" is not a good argument.
    Where am I justifying things, exactly?

I am saying that all extremists are idiots, left or right does not matter. I am just tired of the selective bias.

Anarchist aren't left.

Deleted
    Silly people that call Nazis people with Nazi flags, Nazi regalia and Nazi slogans.

Why anyone would call a swatiska tattooed maniac squeaking like a rat about gassing Jews a ''Nazi'' ?

(Oh, let me guess : it's not a Nazi, because it's dah truth.)
    Yeah it's all a cool but how about you take your own ideas and check how many of such people actually exist in real life yourself?