Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    Uh, you missed the best horror films of all time: Camp Blood, all the Leprechaun movies, and Jack Frost (aka the movie where the hot foreign chick from American Pie gets raped by a killer snowman in the shower). Oh, and Night Train to Terror!

Your game is weak, my friend.
    Leprechaun and Camp Blood suck. Jack Frost had one decent kill.

Midnight Meat Train had far more wicked kills.

Deleted
    Bone Tomahawk.

Perfect mix of western and horror. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not in my top ten, no. Evil Dead is a bit too silly to crack my top ten. Though I do think highly of the franchise- I am just not overly enamoured with overt humor.

Love Phantasm as well. But not top 10.
    What about Bubba-hotep?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    It - 8/10

Skarsgaard made an excellent Pennywise... and he had some really big clown shoes to fill!

Annabelle: Creation - 8/10

Nothing revolutionary but I really enjoyed it. I thought the child actress that ended up possessed was extremely good. Generally everything I expected in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    What about Bubba-hotep?
    I don't like cheese or schlock for the sake of cheese or schlock. I have a low threshold for 'silliness'.

I actually like horror or the attempt at horrifying the viewer either through mood, atmosphere and depiction.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-09-20 at 11:38 PM.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) - 8/10

I was pleasantly surprised. The first one was one of my favorite movies of 2015, and Matthew Vaughn hasn't yet let me down yet, but the early reviews seemed middling, so I lowered my expectations. And while I can see the negative points the reviews I saw/read makes, they generally bothered me a lot less than it seemingly bothered those reviewers. It's not as good as the first, and it does suffer from sequelitis to a certain extent, but I still found it an enjoyable, fun and exciting spy movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don;t like cheese or schlock for the sake of cheese or schlock. I have a low threshold for 'silliness'.

I actually like horror or the attempt at horrifying the viewer either through mood, atmosphere and depiction.
    So not the horror of growing old? :P

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So not the horror of growing old? :P
    Nah. I enjoy the expression of evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingsmen: Golden Circle 8/10

Plot wasn't as strong as the first one, but still wildly amusing. This movie surprisingly actually had an emotional scene! Reunited me with a song that I had forgotten about which I now have on repeat. But in all honestly really enjoyable movie.

Wind River - 9/10

Taylor Sheridan does it again. Hell or High Water was my favorite movie of 2016 and Wind River is #1 for me so far this year. Part western, part murder mystery. Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch were great.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-09-22 at 09:48 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leatherface (2017) - 4/10

I can appreciate an origin story when done right but they spent too much time "establishing" his past but at the same time rushed his transformation to become Leatherface while following the playbook of cliches to the letter. He must have been fed a strict diet of protein powder too because he went from 17 year old twig boy to monster mash in a hurry somewhere along the way.

The worst part is is that they had the PERFECT character to cast as a teenage built-like-a-brick-shit-house Leatherface but instead shuffled him off to a supporting role to make room for this tiny dude.

Just let this franchise die.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Wonder Woman - 7.5/10.

Really quite a good superhero flick, all things considered. Her upbringing aspect of the movie felt a bit shallow / rushed, but the pacing of the rest, overall, was done well. Props to the entire middle-battle scene where the town gets recaptured, probably one of the best overall sequences that you'll see in any superhero flick.

Demerits: She doesn't have her sword at all once they arrive on the front, but suddenly it's in the back of her dress during the assassination attempt. This annoyed the shit out of me, as did the horse just happening to have a scabbard on it. A minor point, but how does shit like this make it through editing? Also, the whole "I believe in love" angle was just Fifth Element levels of cheese.

Good movie, very worth watching, and much better than some of the past few comic flicks I've seen (CA:CW, BvS). GG does a great job in the flick, and fit the role perfectly.

Edge of Tomorrow

7/10
    It contains amounts of Emily Blunt.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Kingsman: The Golden Circle 7/10

Highly enjoyable but missing some of the meanness of the first film. This sequel is a bit too cute for it's own good. More cartoon-y than Kingsman: The Secret Service. That said, I felt the script was really top notch and the acting fantastic. Very engaging. The problem is the directing and shaggy editing.

Brad's Status 6/10

Surprisingly engrossing when it could have gone the other way. THe film walks an interesting line between smarmy & sincere. The technique is clever but the circumstances lack verisimilitude. If these concerns were rendered in the context of lower economic classes I think this might be more effective in driving it's point and summation at the end.

Pirates 5 - we liked it, it was OK not as good as some others 6/10

Transformers last knight - kind of all over the place but fun to switch off the brain 6/10

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Netflix Death Note - 6/10 - It was not particularly good, but also not out right terrible. The story was just too simplified from the source material to be of any real quality. Perhaps if they had it setup as a trilogy or something it could have worked better, but as a stand alone film it just didn't work.

Baby Driver - 9/10 - I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Nothing deep about the movie, but it made for good entertainment.

Wonder Woman - 8/10 - Pretty good movie on the entertainment side of things, but something felt off that I can't quite put my finger on yet.

IT - 8/10 - I liked the movie overall, but I still don't like how the clown was portrayed. IT still looks off to me and made for a bit of a distraction during scenes that should have been more tense.

Kingsmen Golden Circle - 9/10 - Not as good as the first but still very entertaining. I feel like the ending was a little messy overall. I also feel like they might pull another Harry with Roxy if they end up making a third movie. *quietly hums* Take Me Home; Country Roads

Alien: Covenant - 6/10

Strange movie. Not as good as Prometheus. It had some neat stuff in it but the Alien movies have gone from sci-fi slasher films to being weird action mystery movies that lack a purpose. I liked Fassbender's roles but his whole middle section of the film was bizarrely written and the ending felt rushed (might have just been because I was holding in a piss really bad for the last 30 minutes). The cast was also weak to me compared to Prometheus.

I also recently rewatched the last two Harry Potter movies which I haven't seen since they were in theaters like 7 years ago or something.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow's Part 1 - 7/10

I remember being underwhelmed by this movie but I like it more now than I did originally. It just feels a bit sparse in parts like it's half of a story.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow's Part 2 - 7.5/10

This is a decent action movie but it lacks the mystery elements and the tension that made some of the earlier films really good. I think it's a decent ending and satisfying conclusion to the series on an emotional level albeit with some bad writing and plot holes.

naruto shippuden the movie : the lost tower

6.5/10

naruto goes back in time 20 years, teams up with 3rd hokage, and other familiar faces to help defeat a puppetmaster who has been secretly manipulating the people and queen of loran for the past 6 years

a fun movie! i enjoy the naruto universe a lot, and it had some cool fights, didnt disappoint

15+ Year Old Account
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

4/10

Cheesy, corny and overdone.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”