Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    No there are only jokes that you think are inappropriate. Rape is a word in similar vain to rekt or penned.
    That's not how the world works. This was a game to raise money for breast cancer ... so it was a fundraiser. It's inappropriate in such a space.

Secondly, this is a sport game at a high school ... most high school have zero tolerance for such behavior. Seriously, just because you don't find jokes to be inappropriate doesn't mean there isn't such a thing.

If you made a rape joke while at work and your boss finds it to be inappropriate (due to policy) ... your joke is inappropriate by the definition of the circumstances. And then you come whining to me about why you don't get your unemployment, because the state agrees with your boss.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's funny how you think people should give a fuck if you find something offensive. I think you should Google the first amendment and how to act like an adult.

Adults don't cry and complain when someone hurts their feelings or say something they disagree with
    What does the first amendment have to do with anything in this topic? It doesn't apply at the school nor does it apply on this board.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That's not how the world works. This was a game to raise money for breast cancer ... so it was a fundraiser. It's inappropriate in such a space.

Secondly, this is a sport game as a high school ... most high school have zero tolerance for such behavior. Seriously, just because you don't find jokes to be inappropriate doesn't mean there isn't such a thing.

If you made a rape joke while at work and your boss finds it to be inappropriate (due to policy) ... your joke is inappropriate by the definition of the circumstances. And then you come whining to me about why you don't get your unemployment, because the state agrees with your boss.
    You're only proving my point

7+ Year Old Account
    You're only proving my point
    That would require you having a point in the first place.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Misunderstanding, they meant to spell out Pear.

Who don't like pears ?!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Secondly, this is a sport game at a high school.
    whoa so teenagers?

Might as well be shocked they said "whats up" or talked in eubonics
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Seems like the overly edgy joke got it's purposed fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    It's a joke not a dick , don't take it so hard
    So says those who are abusive to those around them

They had plenty of chances to take a step back and go "wait... this isn't ok." But instead, they went full idiot.

That would require you having a point in the first place.
    The point was you have the right of speech, you don't however have the right to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    We already have one Tennisace, we don't need another.
    Honestly thought it was a Tennisace thread...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    how is it any different from when people say they are going to rape the other team in a Video Game? I mean in that context it is a thing that has been said for years to basically mean completely humiliate the opponent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    whoa so teenagers?

Might as well be shocked they said "whats up" or talked in eubonics
    I can be shocked at the level of stupidity people show ... even teenagers.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    A literal motherfucker is the worst kind of motherfucker too
    Yeah, he's my dad so you can't even imagine how I feel.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    We already have one Tennisace, we don't need another.

As for the topic at hand. It was crass, but not terrible. To get all up in arms about it is to also get up in arms over fake cotton branches in a glass vase. Basically, it's silly.
    The two don't even come close to comparing.

It was a joke in their minds, they didn't go there with the sole intention of spelling out "rape", as mentioned in the story.

And on an unrelated note, I could have sworn this was a Tennisace thread by the direction of that initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yeah, he's my dad so you can't even imagine how I feel.
    I hope he loves your mother. That would make him a motherlover.

The point was you have the right of speech, you don't however have the right to be offended.
    Technically, being offended is a part of speech. So yes, you do.

That said, what you DO NOT have is freedom from consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    So says those who are abusive to those around them

They had plenty of chances to take a step back and go "wait... this isn't ok." But instead, they went full idiot.
    They went full "fuck SJWs and their religious PC culture!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Whats the next gamer slang we gonna excuse. "holocaust"

"I am gonna holocaust yo up sucka" Is that how kids today speak I don't know ? :P

No problem, just curious why we cannot use words that don't associate with a criminal act lol
    You've never heard of a Lolocaust?

7+ Year Old Account
    I am not offended by the joke. I am stating that the joke was inappropriate. Do you not know the difference?

Also, free speech doesn't apply here.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Technically, being offended is a part of speech. So yes, you do.

That said, what you DO NOT have is freedom from consequence.
    Take that to court. Tell a judge that something offended you. He will laugh you out of the courthouse. Did we learn nothing from the trials against metal musicians and rappers? You are allowed to say provocative and controversial things.