Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Speculation - Silithus: The Wound

Potential Spoilers:

The new 7.3.2 patch notes make mention of a new map possibly for a scenario “Silithus: The Wound” this naturally brings to mind C’Thun and AQ.

Could we finally be seeing confirmation we have not “killed” the old gods like we believed? Could perhaps C’Thun, after being weakened and granting strength/blessing/extra eyeballs to Cho’Gall in Cata, be making his full emergence from the ground and breaking free of his prison in full totality.

Could we be getting a few new zones in the next expansion and a few of the more “old god zones” like ulduar/storm peaks and Silithus getting a revamp with the old god buried there bursting out or something similar.

“The Wound” seems to imply that Azeroth is hurt somehow. Could then rumours of sargeras being involved in the final raid/ announced at bliss on as the last boss of the expansion but kept hidden this whole time involve him perhaps throwing his (broken) sword at Azeroth in a final act of insanity hurting Azeroth in the process?

Thoughts....discussion....

Her heart is a crater and we have filled it

Looks like C'thun fully awakened and broke out from Silithus. The map looks like the shape of his eye. He deserves to make a make a comeback, as he felt a bit underwhelming compared to Yogg-Saron. Back in vanilla WoW a lot of players did not fully understand yet what and who the old gods were.

If Sargeras stabbed Azeroth where Sithilus is, wouldn't it be enough to kill C'thun as well?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Final battle takes place on Sargeras' sword as he tries to stab it towards Azeroth. The final boss - Sargeras' finger, gotta make him mess up his stab to save Azeroth. After we fall off and land in Silithus when Sargeras' is sucked back and imprisoned in Argus.

It kinda looks like the infinite dragonflight would have a role in this looking at the colors... but we'll see. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it's used as secret mythic phase but time will tell, I'm pretty hyped for it, whatever it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    SPOILERS: sargeras impales azeroth with his sword as a final act of vengeance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Looks like C'thun fully awakened and broke out from Silithus. The map looks like the shape of his eye. He deserves to make a make a comeback, as he felt a bit underwhelming compared to Yogg-Saron. Back in vanilla WoW a lot of players did not fully understand yet what and who the old gods were.
    Both of these could be possible. Sargeras stabs Azeroth as a final desperate act and in doing so destroys C'thuns prison thus freeing him.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Datamined voiceover explains it. As a final act of spite, Sargeras stabs Azeroth, and her lifeblood starts to spill out into the Sands of Silithus.

But I bet he was actually aiming to destroy C'Thun's corruption.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-09-20 at 11:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If Sargeras stabbed Azeroth where Sithilus is, wouldn't it be enough to kill C'thun as well?
    Hard to say. Old Gods are like weeds, even a small piece of one can regrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aforementioned voiceline

Major spoilerth.

Speculation: future expansion involves N'Zoth making a move to exploit the new source of power represented by Azeroth's blood, possibly even trying to use the Wound as a means to reach Azeroth's actual worldsoul to corrupt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Speculation: future expansion involves N'Zoth making a move to exploit the new source of power represented by Azeroth's blood, possibly even trying to use the Wound as a means to reach Azeroth's actual worldsoul to corrupt it.
    It might also be possible for N'Zoth / the Twilight Cult to use this to bring Yogg / C'Thun back. Cho'gall already attempted to rez C'Thun using Me'dan's power. If Me'dan's was enough, Azeroth's blood - which will pretty much become a new Well of Eternity - will definitely be sufficient.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    They better dont kill all the Taurens with C'thun free, the Horde cant handle another killing spree after Orcs and Trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, please let this lead to an underworld expansion... we gotta get down there, into that wound...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really excited. I can't exactly guess what is going to happen and that's a good feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

waiting for the Argus end cinematic like:

I'm willing to bet this is anniversary related.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    its not /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    No... it's related to Antorus. Read the datamined dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It might also be possible for N'Zoth / the Twilight Cult to use this to bring Yogg / C'Thun back. Cho'gall already attempted to rez C'Thun using Me'dan's power. If Me'dan's was enough, Azeroth's blood - which will pretty much become a new Well of Eternity - will definitely be sufficient.
    Could be. Hard to tell from the map, but I think only Silithus was wrecked and Ahn'Qiraj survived, so C'thun's carcass might be intact enough to revive. Dunno why N'Zoth would want to bring back competition, but hell... he's supposed to be the schemer, I'm sure he'd have some nefarious reason.

Also, very, very pleased to hear the area reference as the 'Wound in the World', since that is very close to an idea I had in my first expansion expansion concept and I've always found that particular bit of alliteration delightful.

That's actually the best fucking ending to an expansion ever holy shit. Can't wait to see that happen in the cinematic, that's going to be absolutely amazing.