Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Oh I know, I just don't think it's as widespread as a symbol of peace anymore... That symbol has been besmirched so badly. And as continued neo-nazis continue to use it for hate the further we distance ourselves from regaining what it once was. Whose to say in another 100 years though.

But we are getting off topic
    Symbols are given power by the people. Without the people a symbol is meaningless. We could give a swastika the meaning of peace once again. There are enough people to take that power away from the neo-nazis. But instead we choose the accept the raping of the swastika meaning and allow it to represent evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am just saying have 'consideration' for others. Just because it's cool for you doesn't mean it's cool for everyone. It's not all about you.
    How about you have consideration for us? We want to use a word and you're telling us we can't because of some arbitrary reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    If you don't think it was outrageous enough to be punished then why even speak up? Are you just complaining about it for the sake of complaining? And again no one cares if you think it was inappropriate.
    Did I say that they shouldn't be punished? No

From what I understand, they're getting a stern talking to at the least, possibly a suspension. You suggested that I wanted them to be crucified.

It's called proportional response, people!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    if only it was possible to just not look at SnapChat, of a specific person..............if only
    If only it was possible to use sound judgement and understand that SnapChat isn't actually private... if only.

The assumption these young men seem to have made is that their position and privilege allows them to make ‘jokes’ about rape as a viable threat.
    Can someone put a bullet in this pretentious little piece of shit? Please?

I feel like a lot of people in this thread don't understand what a joke is.

P.S. What the fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ban high schools

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    one of the official definitions of the word "rape" is "outrageous violation", which would indeed qualify in the context of an overwhelmingly victorious football game.

Do people simply not know that words can have more than one meaning?
    This "explanation" makes zero sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am entertained by these gentlemen. Anyone who doesn't find this funny has a sense of humor that died many years ago or is trying to virtue signal.

I wonder how many of the people defending these students, even make rape jokes. I mean is it ok to joke about anything, as long as you say, "just joking guys" afterwards? Because I'm sure there is a joke that you guys would find offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

They where offensive, quick, ruin their entire life and their family's life for being insensitive that one time!
    -The Common Theme in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    one of the official definitions of the word "rape" is "outrageous violation", which would indeed qualify in the context of an overwhelmingly victorious football game. Do people simply not know that words can have more than one meaning?
    Without having read anything else about the thread: Using it like that is probably considered to be more colloquial and not exactly a testament to ones own literacy at that. I'd go as far and say it's not something you'd use in polite conversations at all. That being said, it triggered the OP, that alone is probably worth more than most polite conversations . Edit: Also lol at there being such a thing as breast cancer awareness football game. Damn that hype is so real .. isn't the false detection rate still equal or higher as the actual death rate for it? Besides, there is tons of other forms of cancer that kill more people ..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-09-21 at 06:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You can't rape a school, so what is the problem? You don't get that they are talking about figurative rape? It's basically synonymous with "destroying" or "humiliating".

Why this fuss about the use of the word rape in such contexts?

When comedians make the crowd laugh, they talk about how they "killed". We don't get upset over that, even though killing another human being is even worse. We don't get upset over that because we understand it's not meant to be taken literally. Lighten up you Mary's.
    The way gamers and people on the internet talk about figurative rape is not really well known in "the real world" so jokes like these don't translate well outside of closed circles.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    The way gamers and people on the internet talk about figurative rape is not really well known in "the real world" so jokes like these don't translate well outside of closed circles.
    The social group you are describing is more seated in the dude-bro sports isle. These are very firmely grounded in "The Real World", they are just not known for tact or brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yeah, but you do know there is such a things as an inappropriate joke right?
    Yes, and for the most part they are still funny to everyone who doesn't have a stick up their ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone get hurt? Did anyone die? End up in the hospital? No? THEN WHO FUCKING CARES. Call the offended police and cry to them! I really wish people would stop getting fucking offended, like SERIOUSLY triggered, at every little thing! They're fucking KIDS. Kids do stupid shit. Again, nobody got hurt, well, besides butthurt, so fucking move on already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I wonder how many of the people defending these students, even make rape jokes. I mean is it ok to joke about anything, as long as you say, "just joking guys" afterwards? Because I'm sure there is a joke that you guys would find offensive.
    What are you gonna do, ban everything that some find offensive? If you ban everything that somebody finds offensive there would be nothing left.

People need to pull the sticks out of their asses. Oh, what, they can't? The stick was forced up there? Huh. I guess they're fucked then.

10+ Year Old Account
    "olololol, it's just a joke"

"relax, first amendment"

"you don't know what a joke is"

In my opinion: Just because i can do something, it might not always be the best idea to push everything. What happened to not being a dick?

I mean i get it that you want to whine about PC culture and SJWs, but does it ever occur to you to think about how other people would perceive your actions? Are you so devoid of basic empathy? Sometimes i really wonder what you do all day, because if i would act like that in my day to day life and in my job. "get yourself together, its just a joke, not illegal" i would be in my mothers basement again very fast.

Does this really work in your lifes? Do you go around insulting people, are you really such big badasses in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    "olololol, it's just a joke"

"relax, first amendment"

"you don't know what a joke is"

In my opinion: Just because i can do something, it might not always be the best idea to push everything. What happened to not being a dick?

'Dickish rant follows'
    So you tell people not to be a dick, followed by a condescending rant filled with bile. Bit hypocritical mate.
    Am doing a giggle

I mean.. walking around with word "RAPE" on their chests is probably not the best idea.... Good luck to them getting any sex in the future.