PTR string indicating new wow trial system?

TRIAL_FEATURE_1 (New) - Embark on thousands of additional quests!
    TRIAL_FEATURE_2 (New) - Includes 1 month of free game time
    TRIAL_FEATURE_LEVEL_CAP (New) - Battle to level %s

what do you think?

It'd be smart to reward people who actually play the trial with game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the free trial is going to expand out past wherever it is now. I think that's smart and they may take it all the way to Mists. Next stop logically will be to make all of that except the current expansion F2P.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Should make it to 100, but keep the boost at 100.
    This way people will play, then realize they hate leveling and buy the boost to make their characters 100.

Either way, the wound seems to confirm a rework of the old world, no?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    No way they go passed 20 unless they revamp the trainwreck of leveling.
    why would you think that leveling without heirlooms its totally fine up till tbc.

That's nothing. Those are strings for the "Buy the full version" part of the Trial welcome screen.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    why would you think that leveling without heirlooms its totally fine up till tbc.
    Go tell a newcomer that his second leveling experience will be fine until lvl 60 once they get heirlooms and see how much they care to stick around when they feel bored at level 60 the first time around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Go tell a newcomer that his second leveling experience will be fine until lvl 60 once they get heirlooms and see how much they care to stick around when they feel bored at level 60 the first time around.
    i was bored of outland the second time i did it in wrath and it was way slower then it is now. if they like the game they will stick around like i did and a ton of people did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That's nothing. Those are strings for the "Buy the full version" part of the Trial welcome screen.
    That may well be true too. I think they should open up 1-100 as buy-to-play though and add some store stuff for those players.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

i was bored of outland the second time i did it in wrath and it was way slower then it is now. if they like the game they will stick around like i did and a ton of people did.
    They might. Doesn't make for a compelling argument for the leveling experience not needing an upgrade.

7+ Year Old Account
    They might. Doesn't make for a compelling argument for the leveling experience not needing an upgrade.
    its literally always been that way tbc has always been a horrible slog, i agree that an upgrade wouldn't be amiss but its not really needed wrath had the most subs and it had the awful tbc leveling and it was way worse then it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That may well be true too. I think they should open up 1-100 as buy-to-play though and add some store stuff for those players.
    god don't mention store stuff people will go nuts.

its literally always been that way tbc has always been a horrible slog, i agree that an upgrade wouldn't be amiss but its not really needed wrath had the most subs and it had the awful tbc leveling and it was way worse then it is now.
    And once upon a time we were all happy playing Atari games and yet today we expect more than that from our games.

10+ Year Old Account
    And once upon a time we were all happy playing Atari games and yet today we expect more than that from our games.
    We didn't have the internet enabling everyone to be an armchair critic/wannabe game designer back then.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    i'm still fine with old school games speak for your self.

i'm still fine with old school games speak for your self.
    As am I, I play shining force almost religiously every year or two, but I wouldn't pay 50$ for one today. We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

10+ Year Old Account
    god don't mention store stuff people will go nuts.
    Yeeeaaaahhh.....sorry maybe a little. But people go nuts all the fucking time. If doing that keeps my subscription from going up, I'm fine with it. Like I said, it's for the B2P non-subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Oh thanks for the insight Blizzard Employee™.

Deleted
    Looks like the free trial is going to expand out past wherever it is now. I think that's smart and they may take it all the way to Mists. Next stop logically will be to make all of that except the current expansion F2P.
    That is what i was saying for a long time now. But most people would say "nooooo, Blizz would never do that". Even though it would be a great marketing strategic. A person seeing everything up to the current expansion just like that is more likely to sub again for it than a person who just saw vids and articles about it and no access to the game without paying up front. Sure there will be a lot people just playing the previous expansion for free, but those people wouldn't subscribe anyways so nothing lost. But it has a higher chance of getting people to come back.

Deleted
    Maybe they want to tie it with a world revamp / level scalling / both? Could be nice.

Deleted
    Oh one more thing: even though i think in theory it is a great idea, i highly doubt that will be possible. According to old data provided by Blizzard there have been over 100 million accounts been made for WOW, so if they grant everybody free access to their servers up to the previous expansion (which is free as soon as the next comes out) they simply don't have enough server space and power to manage what will come. But if they do manage it, it will be another world record for WoW for the most populated game worlds across the board. ;-)