Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No, he shouldn't be. That'a the canonical story. We stopped them from poking their little avatars out of the ground basically. If we killed them then the planet would have died with their deaths.
    Do we have to summon aquamonkey or friendlyimmolition with the blue posts that prove you're wrong? Blizzard themselves have said they are dead and their deaths lead to the elemental unrest which caused the cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    We have seen powerful beings like Medivh, Aegwynn leaving behind Echos of their power that're fully sentient. Aegwynn's Echo assisted us in Tomb of Sargeras, and the Sha are, for all intend and purpose, Echo of Y'Shaarj.

Death is not the end of story.
    Plus, Old Gods are definitely capable of being revived even post 'death' - C'Thun was almost resurrected by Cho'Gall pre-Cataclysm, and Y'Shaarj's heat was revived and started whispering about 'feeding'... I'm convinced that if the heart had been allowed to keep gaining power it would have eventually revived Y'Shaarj himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    The yellow also makes me think of C'thun.

Looking at how the Sha infected Pandaria, it was that black on white motif, because that's what the Sha were (and I assume Y'Shaarj from the Hearthstone Card). I'm pretty sure C'thun and Yogg are -dead dead-, from what i've read, since the whole 'OLD GODS DIE, HURTS AZAROTH' is directly a result of ripping the cancer out versus killing it from 'inside' (like we did with C'thuns stomach and Yogg's brain).

We might be seeing Old God Splinters, though, from C'thun and Yogg, who'll corrupt the landscape like Pandaria was and how I feel the Silithus scar looks.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

No, he shouldn't be. That'a the canonical story. We stopped them from poking their little avatars out of the ground basically. If we killed them then the planet would have died with their deaths.
    Kaddrak yells: Accessing... Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host--

This is the ONLY bit of Tribunal of Ages where it mentions killing Old Gods will result in Death of Azeroth. But guess what? In Chronicle Vol.1 we're told the Tribunal of Ages contain FALSE information put in by Loken to cover up the crimes he committed.

"Killing me will cause the end of world, so don't kill me!" Sounds like a perfectly reasonable false information to put in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Can you show me those blue posts? I'd love to read them
    Had to hunt this down as I remembered it being said but not where from. It was from the Blizzcon 2010 Lore Panel; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7fV...outu.be&t=2017

On the topic of the wound, I like to think C'thun's corpse absorbed most of the blast from Sargeras' as aren't the Old Gods full bodies said to be continent sized beneath Azeroth's surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Plus, Old Gods are definitely capable of being revived even post 'death' - C'Thun was almost resurrected by Cho'Gall pre-Cataclysm, and Y'Shaarj's heat was revived and started whispering about 'feeding'... I'm convinced that if the heart had been allowed to keep gaining power it would have eventually revived Y'Shaarj himself.
    Well, that's a thing even with the C'thraxxi. Unless completely drained of their power, like Xal'atath did, they actually come back to life. That's why the titans sealed them in prison-tombs, just as they did their masters. So, if it happens with C'thrax, it probably happens with Old Gods. Leave C'thun or Yogg-Saron's corpses alone for long enough, and they're going to regenerate and revive. And a death state you naturally regenerate from is only death in the loosest sense. It's more like entering a recuperative state where most functions are shut off so they can survive through harsh conditions until they've regained enough power.

This gives me strong cataclysm vibes (no duh). Could this be the lead-in to next xpac?

So... at first I was on the Southern Seas hype train... but if the next expansion does indeed take place underground, does that mean we will finally see Azjol-Nerub, in it's full glory? A plot-line that ended so abruptly in wotlk, but to finally get it's story back on track for one of the most awesome races?

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    So... at first I was on the Southern Seas hype train... but if the next expansion does indeed take place underground, does that mean we will finally see Azjol-Nerub, in it's full glory? A plot-line that ended so abruptly in wotlk, but to finally get it's story back on track for one of the most awesome races?
    The wound seems to take place in the other extreme of the map... UNLESS it pokes all the way through and we get the "other side of azeroth" expansion O_O. I must say it seems silly that the wound would be limited to a single area, is Sargeras fighting with a Toothpick now? I thought he got to cleave planets in half.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The wound seems to take place in the other extreme of the map... UNLESS it pokes all the way through and we get the "other side of azeroth" expansion O_O. I must say it seems silly that the wound would be limited to a single area, is Sargeras fighting with a Toothpick now? I thought he got to cleave planets in half.
    It's not so much about the wound itself or where it is, it's the fact that we may be going underground. Plus the nerubians are heavily related to the Old Gods, and we don't know what Yogg is up to, since he appears to be still active.

The key art for 7.3 shows Sargeras doing something in Northrend, and Yogg-Saron is there. So is it possible that something happens over there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The key art for 7.3 shows Sargeras doing something in Northrend, and Yogg-Saron is there. So is it possible that something happens over there too?
    I just love Blizzard's trolling. "Oh hey look at the Art! Sargy is doing something to Northrend! Nop it's actually far south in Silithus."

Well played Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd need to see that then because what I remember is very different. There are a lot of people who think the same way as me. Pretty sure it was stated in MoP that only Y'shaarj was truly dead and the others were just beaten.
    You would be right if Blizzard didn't retcon that little detail out of the story.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Pretty nice that his confirms that LITERALLY ALL leaks we've had have all been fake though.

No Veil of Shadows or bullshit like that, thank god.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I gather: We kill Argus, Sargeras appears and as the portal between Argus and Azeroth is closing he stabs Azeroth?

Am I missing something?

Another Well of Eternity?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If Sargeras stabbed Azeroth where Sithilus is, wouldn't it be enough to kill C'thun as well?
    he is not directly under there, he is far south, so the blood of azeroth may coat him, and resurrect him
    the only DEAD old god is yasharasj, the others are beaten into submission, this could bring them back
    this would be the planets "third death" As this could end up being the third sundering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Another Well of Eternity?
    Yep, that should be quite literally what is being created to my understanding, and Khadgar seems to hint towards that as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    I just love Blizzard's trolling. "Oh hey look at the Art! Sargy is doing something to Northrend! Nop it's actually far south in Silithus."

Well played Blizzard.
    The art is just art, nothing cannon, made to hype people up. he doesent do what he does in the art to any part of azeroth, he stabs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its obviously bridge content. Bridge to what, however, should be an interesting discovery.