Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Why are people so surprised/enraged that many OW heroes are added? It was clear as daylight that this was going to happen.
    Well, it wasn't was it because Overwatch hadn't even been announced when HOTS launched, hell IIRC it wasn't even in development as they were still working on Titan (which failed and so they reworked the assets into OW to salvage some costs, and struck gold).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Well, it wasn't was it because Overwatch hadn't even been announced when HOTS launched, hell IIRC it wasn't even in development as they were still working on Titan (which failed and so they reworked the assets into OW to salvage some costs, and struck gold).
    It was clear as daylight once Overwatch launched, is what I meant.

HotS is supposed to represent the rest of the franchises that Blizzard has. Why are people so surprised/enraged that many OW heroes are added? It was clear as daylight that this was going to happen.
    Couple of reasons I suspect:

1) A lot of really hated new heroes of late have been from OW
    2) We've been getting a lot of them recently, people got pissed during the Diablo even that too much Diablo content was being added. Variety is the spice of life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It's a stupid reason. I can along with the Dreadlord Jaina (hell, I bought it), because conspiracy theories at least make it funny. A missed guess over a teaser doesn't validate a skin. Not in my opinion anyway.
    I think it looks amazing, to be honest. I like the cross franchise skins.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Couple of reasons I suspect:

1) A lot of really hated new heroes of late have been from OW
    2) We've been getting a lot of them recently, people got pissed during the Diablo even that too much Diablo content was being added. Variety is the spice of life
    I understand the frustration of the likes "most OW heroes are cancerous I don't want more of them", but not "OW has no lore, they should create more WC heroes". Overwatch is a part of the multiverse and the most trending so to speak, so when you only had 5 heroes it's natural to expect more to come.

but not "OW has no lore, they should create more WC heroes".
    This is a stupid reason anyways. How much lore is there for Murky, Stitches, ETC? Could any WoW player tell me anything about Falstad beyond that he was the leader of the Wildhammer Clan and was part of the Council of 3 after Muradin blinged up or w/e? If you look at Diablo characters, here's the amount of "lore" we have for Nazeebo and Cassia(which is basically, none, but they're representing the Witch Doctor D3 and Amazon D2 classes and this is their lore):https://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor and http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...nhistory.shtml. Taking out the gameplay images, concept art and videos, you have about a page and a half of lore for Nazeebo and even less for Cassia. So...about the same amount of lore as we do have for the OW heroes.

That's what people seem to forget-just because these games have been around a longed time, doesn't mean that everything in them comes with tons of lore. In the Diablo Universe, most of the lore revolves around the war between Heaven and Hell, the angels and the demons. The character classes themselves actually don't have much lore to them. Same with the "generic" SC units like the siege tank(Hammer) and medic(Morales) units.

I think it looks amazing, to be honest. I like the cross franchise skins.
    Good for you, I'll be over here, crotchety and cranky over stuff I don't like.

Especially Murky.

10+ Year Old Account
    HotS is supposed to represent the rest of the franchises that Blizzard has. Why are people so surprised/enraged that many OW heroes are added? It was clear as daylight that this was going to happen.
    I can't speak for others, but my personal reasons are:

1. No nostalgic value
    It is a new game, one of the reasons I started to play HotS was to play all the characters I used to love from previous games.

2. Already playable
    A similar reason, but I just don't crave playing Genji because you can already directly play as him in a different game. Which isn't really true for other games.

3. Their kits are easy to predict
    I can guarantee you Junkrat will have both Trap and Mine. You will be able to combo them together and also use Mine as movement ability.

4. Most of them are Ranged
    I personally hate playing Ranged and pretty much every Overwatch character other than Reinhardt and Winston are guaranteed ranged.

On top of that, with Junkrat and Ana, it makes 5 fucking Overwatch Heroes within one year. I understand it is as important as their other franchises, but the game has 25 playable characters and we already will have 7 with possibility releasing another one at the start of new year (Hanzo was leaked). Meanwhile we still miss a Draenei, proper Gnome and Legion commander from their biggest franchise. I would also love to see another Prime Evil from Diablo and at least a Terran Warrior.

Another thing is, people are getting trolled hard by Blizzard when it comes to HotS and Overwatch related content. I am not talking about history of overpowered releases, but the so called Starcraft event featured only Alarak and the other Hero was Zarya. Then of course you have a cinematic introducing 'highly anticipated Hero'.

Especially Murky.
    Well now there we would agree, though my friend you have your skin for saying such a thing.

But who cares about murky mains
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Well now there we would agree, though my friend you have your skin for saying such a thing.

But who cares about murky mains
    Hah, not without a fight he won't. I also have a friend who likes Murky. Luckily he likes other heroes more.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post

2. Already playable
    A similar reason, but I just don't crave playing Genji because you can already directly play as him in a different game. Which isn't really true for other games.
    What stops you from currently playing a D3 Wizard, Demon Hunter, Crusader, Witch Doctor, Monk, or Necromancer? If I want, I can fire up D2 right now and play an Amazon. I don't play a lot of SC but I definitely recall playing Raynor over there, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    What stops you from currently playing a D3 Wizard, Demon Hunter, Crusader, Witch Doctor, Monk, or Necromancer? If I want, I can fire up D2 right now and play an Amazon. I don't play a lot of SC but I definitely recall playing Raynor over there, too.
    When it comes to Diablo playable Heroes, where did I say they interest me? The only one I actually like to play is Kharazim because his playstyle is fun, I barely touch others nowadays. To be honest though, playable classes were never really my thing for the exact reason you mentioned.

I know you can control Heroes in both Starcraft and Warcraft series, but controlling them as units within an army never feels like being the character.

When it comes to Diablo playable Heroes, where did I say they interest me? The only one I actually like to play is Kharazim because his playstyle is fun, I barely touch others nowadays. To be honest though, playable classes were never really my thing for the exact reason you mentioned.
    So in other words, your argument against OW heroes also applies to heroes from one of the franchises that made Blizzard. Okay then. Sounds to me like it's not an OW issue then.

2. Already playable
    Part of the reason why I actually enjoy seeing Overwatch heroes come to HotS is because, while I do play OW casually, there are some characters that I don't usually play as, as a result of being terrible at them in a FPS context, so I enjoy being able to play them in a format I'm more comfortable with. For example, I lack the reflexes and spatial awareness needed to play Tracer effectively in Overwatch, but have a blast playing as her in HotS.

And even when it comes to those characters I can and do enjoy playing as in Overwatch, like D.va and Lucio, I enjoy them enough as characters that I still loved seeing them come to HotS.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So in other words, your argument against OW heroes also applies to heroes from one of the franchises that made Blizzard. Okay then. Sounds to me like it's not an OW issue then.
    No, only one of the reasons applies to other franchises. Specifically to Diablo because I can already play a few of them in a recent game.

However Amazon does bring some nostalgic value even though I wasn't fan of the class in Diablo II, but unlike Overwatch characters, playable classes from Diablo at least bring surprise value when it comes to a kit as the pool of abilities is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    *Snip*
    Then good for you.

I even said I have nothing against the characters themselves, for the most part they are interesting from a gameplay point of view. I just don't value them as highly as characters from other franchises and I struggle to hide my dissappointment. I mean, they hyped up D.Va as if Deathwing himself was flying to Nexus. Yes it was a silly expectation, but D.Va simply is not on a same level of anticipation.

I also believe we saw way too many of them considering how young the game is. Even the variety of characters is poor, I mean still no Omnic or villain (And I don't really count Junkrat as he doesn't seem important in grand scheme of things).

What works for other people might not work for me, that is fine. I am pretty careful at expressing my opinion as an opinion and not as a general rule. Unlike a lot of posters on this forum.

Reminder that the Volskaya exhibition match will take place 23 hours from the time of this post.

1. No nostalgic value
    It is a new game, one of the reasons I started to play HotS was to play all the characters I used to love from previous games.

2. Already playable

3. Their kits are easy to predict
    I can guarantee you Junkrat will have both Trap and Mine. You will be able to combo them together and also use Mine as movement ability.

4. Most of them are Ranged
    I personally hate playing Ranged and pretty much every Overwatch character other than Reinhardt and Winston are guaranteed ranged.

On top of that, with Junkrat and Ana, it makes 5 fucking Overwatch Heroes within one year. I understand it is as important as their other franchises, but the game has 25 playable characters and we already will have 7 with possibility releasing another one at the start of new year (Hanzo was leaked). Meanwhile we still miss a Draenei, proper Gnome and Legion commander from their biggest franchise. I would also love to see another Prime Evil from Diablo and at least a Terran Warrior.

Another thing is, people are getting trolled hard by Blizzard when it comes to HotS and Overwatch related content. I am not talking about history of overpowered releases, but the so called Starcraft event featured only Alarak and the other Hero was Zarya. Then of course you have a cinematic introducing 'highly anticipated Hero'.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Yall filling every website and social media announcement is completely unreasonable and uncalled for and furthermore useless

- - - Updated - - -

It's a stupid reason. I can along with the Dreadlord Jaina (hell, I bought it), because conspiracy theories at least make it funny. A missed guess over a teaser doesn't validate a skin. Not in my opinion anyway.
    Most likely reason for that skin is the devs thought it was a cool idea.

Thats literally the only reason you need.

The idea of it being a joke is hearsay. Heck the alternate colors are zerg themed
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Showmatch on Volskaya between Gale Force eSports and Team Freedom starts in 16 minutes and can be watch on the official Blizzard Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Nothing wrong with that.

Yall filling every website and social media announcement is completely unreasonable and uncalled for and furthermore useless
    So let's be a bunch of yes-sayers? Even though complaining might be annoying, it is still a valid feedback.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It was clear as daylight once Overwatch launched, is what I meant.
    It doesn't stop it being less annoying/stupid to see all these faceless/loreless "heroes" from a game that's newer than HOTS flooding the game when we could be getting real heroes from established franchises...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It doesn't stop it being less annoying/stupid to see all these faceless/loreless "heroes"
    So like, Murky, Stitches, ETC, Hammer, Morales, Lunara, Nazeebo, Xul...oh wait, none of those are OW heroes right?