Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    What exactly DID you think a PvP server was? people out in the world /dueling each other?
    Dude if you dont have a way to fight back then make a way to fight back. Gather up about 10 of your buddies and hunt gankers. It helps keep the server healthy.
    A good PvP server would have limitations in place and not go for the "anything goes" bs. The only reason Bliz says it's ok is because it would be too much work for them otherwise.
    Either way, doesn't change my original statement that the people that do it probably have some kind of issues. And I'm talking about the type of ganking that shows no kind of sportsmanship, where 3 people will run over to kill you if you're in their line of sight, not just someone that attacks occasionally.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-09-21 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I wasn't raised in an abusive family, I have no kids, and I don't PvP (Or even play WoW anymore, for that matter). Come again? I think you should stop trying to sound intelligent with your responses, because it isn't working in your favor :-)
    I actually had a wonderful childhood, with lots of friends and a supportive family. I just find that players are a more engaging challenge than PvE content because players can be unpredictable and outsmart me which makes me try to play better and outsmart them. Not every gank is guaranteed to be a challenge but it almost always guarantees that it will get the attention of a someone who is.
    Have you considered getting gud instead of using weak insults and pseudo-intellectualism to justify being bad at handling other players?

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    A good PvP server would have limitations in place and not go for the "anything goes" bs. The only reason Bliz says it's ok is because it would be too much work for them otherwise.
    What would you implement? personally I would be ok with a system that de-leveled you when attempting to gank someone who was lower level. That way your opponent has a more level field, and it isnt just a coward looking for an ego boosting "safe kill"
    Last edited by raz98; 2017-09-21 at 06:52 AM.

Ah well. In large groups you'll find all sorts of people, including the trolls, the bullies, the angry kids seeking to inflict some pain and downright psychopaths. WoW has made it pretty easy to avoid the majority of them by providing what is called PvE realms. Try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really any other way to explain their behavior.
    There are hundreds of reasons. If that's really the only explanation you can come up with, you're proving that you're far too salty to give a level headed response.

But if you wish to provide citations to back up those claims, I'll love to see them. Otherwise it's just a bunch of pointless insults with no base directed at someone who wronged you.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Typically people who grew up in an abusive family that get their jollies off on picking on people. Probably 20+ and still living with their parents. Can't hold a job because they're assholes to everyone. They feel that since their parents abused them, that abuse is ok, and they do it to everyone they can. WoW provides an outlet when a higher level character can pointlessly kill lower level characters. Blizzard enables this and contributes to their delinquency. Should probably be on some sort of psychoactive drug and seek psychiatric help. Usually ends up in a relationship where they dominate their partners, and have kids so they have someone they can abuse.
    Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Bullies can't be intelligent? What?" I suppose theoretically it's possible, I've never seen any actual examples though.
    Ah, the sweet innocence of youth. Wait till you hit university or the corporate world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    There are hundreds of reasons. If that's really the only explanation you can come up with, you're proving that you're far too salty to give a level headed response.

But if you wish to provide citations to back up those claims, I'll love to see them. Otherwise it's just a bunch of pointless insults with no base directed at someone who wronged you.
    If someone gets off at making others mad then they are not the sharpest of sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Ah, the sweet innocence of youth. Wait till you hit university or the corporate world.
    Book smarts =/= intelligence.

Because I thought it would be a PvP server not a group gank with no way to fight back server.
    >Rolls on pvp server.
    >Gets upset at pvp.
    >calls other people braindead

K, I've seen all I needed to see.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Because I thought it would be a PvP server not a group gank with no way to fight back server.
    Man, if you think any conflict is about fair duels and gentlemanly honour, you've seen too many Hollywood dramas and confuse them with reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone gets off at making others mad then they are not the sharpest of sticks.
    How is someone's intelligence linked to that again?

Furthermore, maybe read the post you were replying to? I wasn't even directing that post at you, but at a more outlandish claim.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    i was doing a warden tower earlier today and came across a rogue who was on his flying mount but still in range of my hunter. few cobra shots later, dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    >Rolls on pvp server.
    >Gets upset at pvp.
    >calls other people braindead

K, I've seen all I needed to see.
    Tell me when that makes the state of PvP servers more fun.
    Man, if you think any conflict is about fair duels and gentlemanly honour, you've seen too many Hollywood dramas and confuse them with reality.
    This is a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    How is someone's intelligence linked to that again?
    I'm not sure how I could put it clearer.

Book smarts =/= intelligence.
    "psychopathic and non-psychopathic criminals, although not different in overall levels of intelligence, did differ in how high intelligence was related to the seriousness of misbehavior. For non-psychopaths, higher intelligence, particularly verbal intelligence, meant a later start in violent crime. For those diagnosed as psychopaths, however, high intelligence meant an early start in violent offending and more problematic behavior in and outside of institutions." Re: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16178679

The reactions are funny, people usually get mad if you /spit on their corpse.

Tell me when that makes the state of PvP servers more fun.
    The only thing I need to tell you is to get off a PVP server if you're too sensitive to be on one. Ganking happens, take some personal responsibility for your server choice and don't be a baby.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

This is a game.
    You mean you can't bully someone in a game?

You mean you can't bully someone in a game?
    Game conflict is supposed to be fun for both sides in the end, PvP server's design does not make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    The only thing I need to tell you is to get off a PVP server if you're too sensitive to be on one. Ganking happens, take some personal responsibility for your server choice and don't be a baby.
    Why would I do that? Me labeling griefers what they are is not related to my ability to handle it. It's weird that you think having 2 choices: wild wild west WPvP and no WPvP at all is somehow a solution.

Game conflict is supposed to be fun for both sides in the end, PvP server's design does not make this happen.
    So: What. Do. You. Propose. To. Make. It. Better.
    This is a discussion forum. Dont bitch and whine, discuss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    It's not because you dont enjoy something that other people cannot enjoy it.
    At the expense of someone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Not as dumb as people who go to pvp servers by themselves on the faction that the server is imbalanced against and expecting it to be a safe ride from start to end.
    I'm on a "faction balanced" server. We're almost 50/50 (slight Alliance favor that that's fine). This kind of shit happens A LOT.

To the OP @Phumbles, I have no sympathy for you what so ever. I play on the same server you do (see my signature if you don't believe me) and your Alliance pals were spawn camping everyone for hours on end the first week Argus hit. They had groups of 10 on each spawn point with at least 1 shaman in their group that had earthbind totem placed where you spawn at. They would have 2 guys run after anyone who ressed and tried to run away and killed them every time they rewpawned. I was stuck in 1 spot for 30 minutes just trying to get past them at one point.

On topic though, people that gank or camp or do shit like I described above are pieces of shit who generally don't pvp 1v1 that well so they have to target lower level people, zerg pvp them, wait until someone starts fighting a mob and then attacks them, or look for people they outgear and attack them. They get nothing out of it other than knowing they wasted someone else's time.