Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I mean, the people that sit by portals or flight paths in groups of 3-5...wtf are you doing? I literally can't imagine being dumb enough to find that fun. Not only would that be boring, I'd be embarrassed to be seen doing it.
    You just should realize, that PVP servers aren't about doing dailies/WQs. Dailies/WQs - are just bait there, just a reason to go out into the world. PVP servers are about ganking, asking friends/guild to help you against gankers, they ask their friends too and then just chaotic raid vs raid rumbling, that is called "WorldPVP". And everybody forgets about their initial goals, i.e. dailies/WQs. If such gameplay isn't for you and that dailies/WQs have higher priority for you, so you want to have control over your PVP status - then YOU SHOULD PLAY ON PVE SERVERS. There is no third option. You just can't be that guy, who want to kill others on his desire, but doesn't want to be killed on desire of others.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-09-21 at 07:18 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    To the OP @Phumbles, I have no sympathy for you what so ever. I play on the same server you do (see my signature if you don't believe me) and your Alliance pals were spawn camping everyone for hours on end the first week Argus hit. They had groups of 10 on each spawn point with at least 1 shaman in their group that had earthbind totem placed where you spawn at. They would have 2 guys run after anyone who ressed and tried to run away and killed them every time they rewpawned. I was stuck in 1 spot for 30 minutes just trying to get past them at one point.
    Isn't that why you should have sympathy? It wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You just should realize, that PVP servers aren't about doing dailies/WQs. Dailies/WQs - are just bait there, just a reason to go out into the world. PVP servers are about ganking, asking friends/guild to help you against gankers, they ask their friends too and then just chaotic raid vs raid rumbling, that is called "WorldPVP". And everybody forgets about their initial goals, i.e. dailies/WQs. If such gameplay isn't for you and that dailies/WQs have higher priority for you, so you want to have control over your PVP status - then YOU SHOULD PLAY ON PVE SERVERS. There is no third option. You just can't be that guy, who want to kill others on his desire, but doesn't want to be killed on desire of others.
    I like how you just made up your own rules for a server with no rules.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    So: What. Do. You. Propose. To. Make. It. Better.
    This is a discussion forum. Dont bitch and whine, discuss!!
    Well that wasn't really the point of the thread.
    My first move would be to do something to balance the damage so people can actually fight. That's kind of what makes the point of my OP worse. It's not just that these people play like this, it's that they play like this as tank spec because they know how OP it is. Giant cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather farm Vertebra Shackles on Dark Souls 3 than sitting with a squad at a flight master for minimal honor gains and being frustrating to others. I wouldn't enjoy it and would think someone who does to be very bored, but being disruptive to others when I'm bored isn't my way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? lol
    Do you think bullies are intelligent?
    Not to sound like a dick, but grow a spine. I myself play on a RP-PVE server because I dont enjoy getting ganked etc, but I also understands that it's part of the game and is actually allowed. If you go on a PvP server, you've agreed to allow yourself to be repeatedly murdered by other players, that's how it works. Deal with it.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Why would I do that? Me labeling griefers what they are is not related to my ability to handle it. It's weird that you think having 2 choices: wild wild west WPvP and no WPvP at all is somehow a solution.
    Your ability to handle it seems to be crying into an online forum rather than taking responsibility for your choice in server. You're not labeling them "what they are" you're upset and you're tossing around insults, like a child, to justify your anger. We get it, you got ganked and you're butthurt about it. Whining isn't going to fix it, thus my suggestion to transfer off. Are you planning to make a thread every time you get killed?

Getting ganked is a part of pvp. Welcome.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Don't knock it till you try it. I haven't ganked years, but it's actually one of the most fun things to do in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Your ability to handle it seems to be crying into an online forum rather than taking responsibility for your choice in server. You're not labeling them "what they are" you're upset and you're tossing around insults, like a child, to justify your anger. We get it, you got ganked and you're butthurt about it. Whining isn't going to fix it, thus my suggestion to transfer off. Are you planning to make a thread every time you get killed?
    Are gankers gonna whine every time someone calls them out?

Isn't that why you should have sympathy? It wasn't me.

Well that wasn't really the point of the thread.
    My first move would be to do something to balance the damage so people can actually fight. That's kind of what makes the point of my OP worse. It's not just that these people play like this, it's that they play like this as tank spec because they know how OP it is. Giant cowards.
    The point of the thread was to pointlessly bitch that you dont think you should be PvP'd on a PvP server, we get it. So make it a discussion worth having, and actually discuss. I actually think Tank spec PvP is in a good place because there is a lot of counterplay to it, because its damage is manageable. The real strength of playing a tank in PvP only shines when you're playing as a duo because PvP tanks are there to disrupt with CC and maintain presence. If you're having trouble fighting against a tank you should change your playstyle to combat them. Use CC to hinder them and whittle them down.

Don't you know that you can't complain about anything at all here without being completely butthurt and a crying crybaby. The people responding to you seem way more upset than you are.

Are gankers gonna whine every time someone calls them out?
    No one is whining but you....

Can't tell if you're trolling or just being stupid so, I'm gonna get on with my evening.

Protip- Pvp happens on a pvp server
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the people that sit by portals or flight paths in groups of 3-5...wtf are you doing? I literally can't imagine being dumb enough to find that fun. Not only would that be boring, I'd be embarrassed to be seen doing it.
    Clicker games exist. Humanity is doomed. Lower your faith.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Absence of rules - is just an illusion. Everything works according to scenario. I noticed it long time ago - outdoor is designed with intentional bottlenecks and choke points in mind, i.e. spots, where players start to hate each other for excessive amount of competition for limited resources. World is big and Blizzard could spread all their players evenly over it. But they do exactly the opposite - they make everything as claustrophobic, as possible.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how I could put it clearer.
    You can't use that line when all you've said is, "because I said so".

Deleted
    ITT: OP surprised and hurt that he gets ganked on a PvP server.

Deleted
    They are not necessary dumb. They are simply assholes. Vast majority of PvP population are like that. That's why normal people roll on PvE realms.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Ah, the sweet innocence of youth. Wait till you hit university or the corporate world.
    I'm a 35 year old professional who has been through university to PhD level and has been in the corporate world for over a decade.

Trust me, those guys aren't smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I love gankers... I really do

It's amazing these people actually attempt to gank fully mythic geared prot warrior....

Oh the carnage I'm able to bring on these feeble minded lads is hilarious.
    Even more hilarious when they realise their folly and try to run away from me... That's when hunter becames the hunted

You started the fight, I will finish it

WITH NO MERCY !!!

Like in the old glorious days

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I love gankers... I really do

It's amazing these people actually attempt to gank fully mythic geared prot warrior....

Oh the carnage I'm able to bring on these feeble minded lads is hilarious.
    Even more hilarious when they realise their folly and try to run away from me... That's when hunter becames the hunted

You started the fight, I will finish it

WITH NO MERCY !!!

Like in the old glorious days
    THIS MAN'S GOT THE RIGHT IDEA!

so unbuckle your bitch pants, susy Q, put on your hit pants and PvP back.

It's one thing to kill people passing by, but a lot of the people really into world pvp just find it entertaining to get other people as upset as possible. Braindead isn't the right word, d-bag is probably better. The comparisons to bullying are definitely valid and most of the people doing it for it for that reason should go jump off the nearest bridge.

And it's not "that's what a pvp server is for" - there's other reasons to being on a pvp server, I appreciate being able to do something about the other d-bags killing quest givers, or competition when I'm farming something (losing out on lots of tags or whatever). And if it's the second case and I lose, that just means come back on another day. It makes things more interesting, anyway.

I only rarely kill somebody more than once, and when I do it relates to them trying to get me back and failing miserably, or they camped me first (usually one of my alts)and I'm returning the favor.
    No problem with people who attack others passing by, the issue is 100% griefers.

Are you serious? Complaining about ganking on a PvP server? If you find those people irritating, you gather 5 more people as well and let the game begin. That is what world pvp is all about, if that is not for you, why are you on a PvP server?