Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is there to do on Argus for alts?

Hi everyone.

Long story short, I've completed all the class questlines for the mounts. I just need to grab the recolors/pets by unlocking Concordance of Legionfall on the three artifacts for DK, paladin and rogue.
    I will bring these three classes to Argus and farm artifact power there, since it's plentiful. But...

If I barely play alts and don't care for their gear/reputations, and I can live wthout mass-farming fel-spotted eggs and BoA rep tokens, is there a point in bringing every other class I have to Argus? Like class-locked pets, class hall questline follow-ups, anything?

I just don't want to work for nothing, and after doing Broken Shore 11 times I could use some justification not to.

Same things there are for mains. I don't play alts in legion though, ain't nobody got time for that.

There's really no reason to play alts in WoW anymore. Pretty much everything is account bound. You only switch mains when u want to play a different class, but why anyone would play alts at this point is beyond me.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-09-21 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing class specific on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Same things there are for mains. I don't play alts in legion though, ain't nobody got time for that.

There's really no reason to play alts in WoW anymore. Pretty much everything is account bound. You only switch mains when u want to play a different class, but why anyone would play alts at this point is beyond me.
    As I said, I found motivation in getting all mounts, since they count towards the total. I was disappointed there was no feat of strength for it, like there was for completing every main campaign for all class halls.

You can get more attempts at rare drops like mounts, toys and pets!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    As I said, I found motivation in getting all mounts, since they count towards the total. I was disappointed there was no feat of strength for it, like there was for completing every main campaign for all class halls.
    Well, there is some in the world content and there is as well, a faction with 4-6 mounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Only catch-up gear and more chances for rare drops if you farm on every character.

Gear for mage tower =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, there is some in the world content and there is as well, a faction with 4-6 mounts.
    Yes, but I can get those on my main, and I'm actively trying to do so.

Seems like the general consensus is that I'm finally done with the majority of my alts. Which is a relief, because I can't play them for the life of me.

Hi everyone.

Long story short, I've completed all the class questlines for the mounts. I just need to grab the recolors/pets by unlocking Concordance of Legionfall on the three artifacts for DK, paladin and rogue.
    I will bring these three classes to Argus and farm artifact power there, since it's plentiful. But...

If I barely play alts and don't care for their gear/reputations, and I can live wthout mass-farming fel-spotted eggs and BoA rep tokens, is there a point in bringing every other class I have to Argus? Like class-locked pets, class hall questline follow-ups, anything?

I just don't want to work for nothing, and after doing Broken Shore 11 times I could use some justification not to.
    Argus is for 910 gear and a (kinda cool) storyline.

If you don't care about that, having done it on your main, Argus is not very interesting.
    My personal hobby: gather every transmog look in the game. It's a rather big challenge, and it forces me to see content I don't see every day.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Honestly, I play alts for 2-3 reasons:
    • Change of pace/different playstyle
    • Check out new (to me) lore for other races and classes
    • After your main gets well-geared, it's easier to get upgrades on undergeared alts

There's not a lot of class or race-specific lore on Argus, so your motivation would have to come from the last two, imho. Maybe you get tired of playing (insert main's class here) and want to try the same content on something different. Or maybe your main has done all the high reward/low effort stuff for the day (greater invasion, relinquished vendor, relic quests, etc.) so now you switch and run those on an alt. That's how I see it.

I have four alts I swap between. The main gets priority; the others take turns getting out when I want that change of pace and/or easy power ups.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Hi everyone.

farm gear to get more then 930 itlv to be ready for when antorus normal opens .

have fun for next 2 months

Rares and greater invasions, that's about it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you got time for alts, you seriously play way too much the game and should try to diversify your activities in my opinion. Anyway, do what you want at the end, it's your health.

WOW User Base : Make stuff more alt friendly
    Blizzard : Remove requirement to do Argus campaign
    WoW User Base : Whinge whinge - nothing for my alts to do on Argus

To OP - the alts get to experience EVERYTHING your main did, but in subtly different ways. But you don't HAVE to do it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Depends on your focus, mostly.
    I have one character of each class and different profession combos. I am also not very interested in actually investing on them - in their gear for example, just getting the unique stuff for them (hidden artifacts, class mounts).
    As far as I can tell - professions is the one thing you actually have to play them alts for. Some recipes are locked behind Argus rep. Other than that - boosting your chances for different drops - as you said, fell eggs (which have a surprisingly high change of dropping a mount), mount / toy / pet drops from rares, paragon mounts etc.
    I am also opening everything on them in case there's something introduced that's class specific. Also, the more chars I have, the bigger my xmog collection.
    As it is, if you're not into collecting and professions, I'd say you don't really have a reason to bring your alts over.

TLDR: There doesn't seem to be anything class-specific on Argus for now.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2017-09-21 at 10:34 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alts greatly speed up rep grind. As I am exalted with both Argus factions, would be impossible without alts.

Deleted
    It's the only way to get followers to 925 ilvl, plus you unlock 2 new troop types that are crazy OP for reaching 200% success chance. Might sound boring but 925 will likely be a requirement for the raid missions, but it's also quite lucrative with gold missions giving a 1.5k bonus.

Deleted
    In addition to things which are already said: If you do several professions, then you will get some new receipes and new materials from argus. And new pet battle meta!

Deleted
    Seems like we are heading for a revamp of some areas. Ima start working on kalimdor loremaster since everything went south when cataclysm hit. Argus is a solid (imo the best so far) catch up area for new/returning players and alts. Other than that for the main it serves as a AP grinding point and an illusion of content hunting down rng related gear.