Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All this talk of the Old Gods being revived, but what if they don't get to fully revive. What if some other, hint hint N'zoth, eats them before they regain full strength. They did it before, and N'zoth has always been the trickiest of the lot since he was the weakest. What if we just end up fighting one massive super powered Old God?

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope we work together with the keepers next expansion to order the wound.

Maybe create another ulduar around it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Whatever this act represent for the future of Azeroth, I'm all in, and I mean ALL IN, for an eventual return of C'Thun. The guy deserve a better storyline and ending, as vanilla didn't really made him justice.

I could probably make a joke about sargeras stabing azeroth after being told no but.....

Also

Last edited by Leyre; 2017-09-21 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    You said it yourself - Xal'atath isn't the least bit scared of the Legion, and only view them as an inconvenience. This whole thing is only an opportunity for it to grow in power until it feels like leaving (which it will).

Knaifu is not your friend.
    It has offered me more power and company than any "hero NPC".

Of course it did it out of necessity and its own interests, but so did the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he is not directly under there, he is far south, so the blood of azeroth may coat him, and resurrect him
    the only DEAD old god is yasharasj, the others are beaten into submission, this could bring them back
    this would be the planets "third death" As this could end up being the third sundering.
    Every single fucking time in threads about OG some moron comes and tries to force his headcanon ignoring blue posts and lore. C'thun and Yogg are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Every single fucking time in threads about OG some moron comes and tries to force his headcanon ignoring blue posts and lore. C'thun and Yogg are dead.
    At best Yogg could return. but certainly not Cthun, just like Yshaarji his essence got drained out of his remains, Yshaarji as we all know by Garrosh (and we know that ended him for real.) and Cthun by Chogall, so propably the same deal, meanwhile Yoggs should still remain and enable him getting revived.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Source?

Lets see a source yo'.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleborn View Post
    At best Yogg could return. but certainly not Cthun, just like Yshaarji his essence got drained out of his remains, Yshaarji as we all know by Garrosh (and we know that ended him for real.) and Cthun by Chogall, so propably the same deal, meanwhile Yoggs should still remain and enable him getting revived.
    Cho'gall never drained his essence. The only interaction Cho'gall had with C'thun was when he tried to AWAKEN him in the ruins of AQ, only for that "thing" Me'dan to interfere and collapse the roof on him before he could finish.
    Last edited by Daevelian; 2017-09-21 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opens cool possibilities, but ruins one of my favorite zones...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheronian View Post
    "The shadow of my corpse shall choke this land for all eternity!" - Yogg-saron's last words.

I have no doubt that the old gods are going to return in some fashion.
    We always knew the Old Gods would return because we never killed them. Despite what many people on this forum say, we never fully killed an Old God, we destroyed their physical manifestations that escaped their prison.

The only Old God that is truly dead is Y'Shaarj and look at the huge wound that was left by that. The entire well of eternity/maelstrom is the wound left by Y'Shaarj. So imagine the size of him based on how large the wound was.

We've even seen Yogg start to stir up some faceless ones in Ulduar during the questline before Legion.

Deleted
    My current theory is that Sargeras, upon his inevitable defeat, will lament the foolishness and short-sightedness of mortals before 'throwing' his sword toward Azeroth in a desperate attempt to destroy the world soul before the Void Lords can claim her for their own.

We will rush back, fix the mess and only then discover the true goal of the goal of the Burning Legion and the fact that in opposing themes have doomed our universe to an even worse fate.

Old Gods will rise, the Void will puncture through our reality, the forces of the Black Empire will rise and Azeroth will be claimed by the Void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    In his final act Sargeras tries to impregnate Azeroth, but misses and gets stuck inside Silithus.

Also an Excuse for Blizzard to get rid of the game's worst zone before they revamp the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    All this talk of the Old Gods being revived, but what if they don't get to fully revive. What if some other, hint hint N'zoth, eats them before they regain full strength. They did it before, and N'zoth has always been the trickiest of the lot since he was the weakest. What if we just end up fighting one massive super powered Old God?
    I would like to keep a bit of variance just like in Lovecraft's mythology. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nope. C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are both dead. C'Thun's body was seen rotting in Ahn'Qiraj in the comics, which is canon. Yogg-Saron yells about dying - we got the translation of his final shath'yar scream from Blizz. The fallout of their deaths has yet to be fully determined, though they didn't die as catastrophically as Y'Shaarj did. And there's always the chance they could be revived, which is something that almost happened to C'Thun.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Yogg-Saron

status: Active (lore), as i said in my post, all we did was essentially kill a 'manifestation' of them, both c'thun and yogg, they are in their prisons regenerating and scheming to retake the surface when the time is right, i'll use a starcraft analogy to explain it so you and others can understand, the old gods and void lords are basically Amon, they may be 'killed' in our reality, but they are immortal eternal beings of the void, all we do is destroy their corporeal forms, they can never be truly killed, and as such they are very much 'alive' and waiting for the right time to strike again covering the world in darkness and corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Source?

Lets see a source yo'.

Cho'gall never drained his essence. The only interaction Cho'gall had with C'thun was when he tried to AWAKEN him in the ruins of AQ, only for that "thing" Me'dan to interfere and collapse the roof on him before he could finish.
    It's in a this god damn thread already, on a third page
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7fV...outu.be&t=2017

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Yogg-Saron

status: Active (lore), as i said in my post, all we did was essentially kill a 'manifestation' of them, both c'thun and yogg, they are in their prisons regenerating and scheming to retake the surface when the time is right, i'll use a starcraft analogy to explain it so you and others can understand, the old gods and void lords are basically Amon, they may be 'killed' in our reality, but they are immortal eternal beings of the void, all we do is destroy their corporeal forms, they can never be truly killed, and as such they are very much 'alive' and waiting for the right time to strike again covering the world in darkness and corruption.
    That's you headcanon never confirmed by Blizzard sources.

Let's just say the tentacle monsters are 'dead' but not 'eliminated'.
    Yeah we killed those Old Gods before, but they may return with their essence still lingering in the prison. At least Xal'atath thinks so when she was judging one 'True death' of a C'Thrax.
    Last edited by Trient; 2017-09-21 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I hope we work together with the keepers next expansion to order the wound.

Maybe create another ulduar around it.
    I would like to see this turned into an actual War Effort, similar to what we had to do for AQ40, but in reverse - build the prison. The War Effort can be the lead up to the next expansion and on launch day, Nzoth comes and literally shits on all our efforts for the past months in the blink of an eye.

It's like the echos left behind by Medivh and Aegwynn. The Old Gods are similarly powerful (If not even more so) beings, so they left behind echos of their power which continue to haunt Azeroth. The Sha are, for all intend and purposes, Y'Shaarj's echos.

Just because they are dead doesn't mean they can't interact with our world. Shaman interact with spirit of their ancestors who offer them advice, the legion of ghosts devoured by Frostmourne held Arthas while we finish him off, hell, Paladin of all classes gets a ghost follower in 7.2

You bet the ghost of Old Gods are going to be much, much more powerful than puny human.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the words of Prophet Skeram: PREPARE... for the return of the ancient ones!

Deleted
    With how this thread is going, people are mainly asking for the Old Gods to return or speculation of them returning, and they are excited, I wonder if Blizzard actually take note of what the community wants and not just go completely south?

I sometimes wonder if Blizzard do this so people datamine this stuff, see what the community wants/thinks, and then goes and actually finishes the project...A very high percentage of the community managed to actually guess Legion, but then again, WoD kinda easily shown that..