Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    only one used lethal force, the other one had more sense and used a suppressing force, why the first officer didn't do such is up for the investigators to decide.
    Yes the first officer on the scene fired his tazer at him while at the same time the officer who came as back up fired his gun on him. The first officer called for back up when he saw the stick/pipe in his hands. He had more than enough time to hear the neighbors telling him that the guy was deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean it's the use off force guidelines by the book. The guy an object that can be used as a weapon. They gave verbal commands, how are they supposed to know he is deaf? I mean sure it sucks the guy got shot but as long as police guidelines use the same usage of force guidelines shit like this will continue to happen.

Now, you are just showing your ignorance by making a comment like that.
    They are supposed to know because his neighbors were screaming it at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    If he wasn't dangerous, why no on-looker tried to stop him from approaching the officers?
    The neighbors were probably afraid they might get shot from the cops if they tried to intervene. They were already telling the cops that the man was deaf and the cops still continued to treat him like a hearing person.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Walk up to a police officer with a blunt weapon... nothing bad can happen right?

7+ Year Old Account
    personallly, i dont care, u approach cops with a pipe in your hand, .. Deaf or not. ur going to get shot. idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    personallly, i dont care, u approach cops with a pipe in your hand, .. Deaf or not. ur going to get shot. idiot.
    yes, he is an idiot for being an individual with learning difficulties who couldn't communicate and his neighbours shouting that he was disabled must have just been for fun -_- fucking grow up you moron, if this is the mentality of the general populous in America these days i pity you and fear for your future, because that is a very VERY sorry state you are in if the first thing that should be in your mind is worrying if you will live or die in front of a public servant.

(Infracted) ~ Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-21 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Just waiting for the alt-righters to come into this thread and tell us how their beloved violent cops are right to murder innocent citizens who don't obey their every command.

And that said innocent citizens should just roll over and die should they not have psychic powers to read the minds of said violent cops if they are deaf or developmentally disabled.
    So its alt-right to want all the facts before judging a situation, instead of foaming at the mouth and wanting to crucify someone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Just put cams on officers already. I don't see why people aren't pushing for this unanimously. If the guy WAS approaching the cops, the cops would have evidence. If he wasn't, then those cops need to face the consequences. Frustrating.
    Even if you had body cams on all the officers, you have the usual suspects that would say that the footage was doctored to exonerate the officer and they'd still try and crucify him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I try to reserve judgement until I see a vid or get both sides of the story.
    That would be so alt-right of you to do that.. Dont you know the cop is always wrong, dont you listen to the media and the haters?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Shit like this is inevitably gonna happen in a large country. Just like there will be black people that commit crime. You cannot avoid the idiots that will ruin it for the group of people they represent.

Deleted
    This doesn't only happen in America, sure it may happen slightly more, but UK police have done similer things. Just off the top of my head there was the incident with the unarmed Brazilian guy who decided to run from police when they wanted to search him and they shot him dead. And im pretty sure there are plenty of other incidents as well.

If police are pointing a gun at you, just stand the fuck still and comply, deaf or not you can see a fucking gun pointing at you, how hard is it just not to do anything and wait?

Deleted
    1) he was walking towards the cop with a metal rod, while the cop(s) were pointing a gun towards him.

2) a deaf person can lip read, you dont HAVE to use sign language.
    a girl i am working with, i were chatting along with etc etc for just about 5-6 month, but i noticed she was VERY quiet when we were eating etc, then i asked a college what were wrong with her.. her answer? well, "she is deaf.."

i had NO BLODDY CLUE about she being deaf! lip reading all the way, and i have a goatee and a stache' too! (which makes it harder to lip read.)

IF i was deaf, and i had a cop standing with a gun pointed at me, i would most likely stand still and drop whatever i have in my hands..

Ahhh, yes. Yet another thread full of people who act like they would do anything different if they had been the ones in place of the cops. So easy to sit on an internet thread, acting all high and mighty, and pretending they would ALWAYS make the correct choice in a heat of the moment decision with their life possibly on the line.

Stay classy MMO-C. Stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    1) he was walking towards the cop with a metal rod, while the cop(s) were pointing a gun towards him.

2) a deaf person can lip read, you dont HAVE to use sign language.
    a girl i am working with, i were chatting along with etc etc for just about 5-6 month, but i noticed she was VERY quiet when we were eating etc, then i asked a college what were wrong with her.. her answer? well, "she is deaf.."

i had NO BLODDY CLUE about she being deaf! lip reading all the way, and i have a goatee and a stache' too! (which makes it harder to lip read.)

IF i was deaf, and i had a cop standing with a gun pointed at me, i would most likely stand still and drop whatever i have in my hands..
    Not all deaf people can lip read and I would hazard that mentally handicapped ones that lip read are even less common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Shit like this is inevitably gonna happen in a large country. Just like there will be black people that commit crime. You cannot avoid the idiots that will ruin it for the group of people they represent.
    Yeah, those mentally disabled fucks, ruining it for the rest of the mentally disabled.

Remember if you have to be around a cop to speak very softly and slowly, and make large exaggerated slow movements so they don't get spooked and blow you away.

Sanchez's father, who was driving the hit-and-run vehicle

I usually don't defend the cop, but this time they had a reason.

Sanchez clearly knows what he is doing.
    Scare "people" away from his home with a pipe, because of hit-and-run.

'Murica, fuck yeah!

I'm sure the police were perfectly justified in their actions when the guy didn't react to their clear verbal instructions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Walk up to a police officer with a blunt weapon... nothing bad can happen right?
    And yet this happens all the time in UK are very few people are shot.

Weird huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Was he approaching the cop with the metal rod while the cop was visibly pointing a gun at him?
    If so the cop did nothing wrong.

International Global, Universally known approaching a law enforcement officer with anything that looks like a weapon will get you killed.
    Somebody should inform the west/north European cops, they missed the memo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I doubt they get in trouble at all. They did their part by the book. How were they supposed to know he is deaf or has no criminal background? I'd sure like to know where mind reader cops are stationed.
    Did you not even read the title?

Shoot first, sign questions later.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    And yet this happens all the time in UK are very few people are shot.

Weird huh?
    Most of the American right seems to have a very strange view of cops, which is why this shit will never stop, too many think its justified.

I'm glad I wasn't allowed on police academy, I'd have to defend murderers instead of arresting them
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Most of the American right seems to have a very strange view of cops, which is why this shit will never stop, too many think its justified.
    Maybe it is the romanticized view of Wild West Gunslinger still lingering? Good guys, with or without a star on their vests, shooting down the baddies.