Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Speaks much about the usefulness of Silithus when they can just erase a whole zone like this
    I read that AQ is mostly untouched. How large is the crater/wound in comparison to the whole zone?

Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post
    I read that AQ is mostly untouched. How large is the crater/wound in comparison to the whole zone?

Basically, there is no Silithus anymore.

It's likely going to be like Theramore or the Blasted Lands. An NPC will allow players 110+ to visit old Silithus.

Not that a whole lot would be lost if they just revamped the zone, but I don't think that scar will offer much content for questing.

[*SNIP*]

Seems like AQ is the only part left lol. Do we know if this is the new definite state of Silithus or if it's just an instance, as the name suggests? I wonder what you can do there, maybe some rare mobs or some other spawns or eventually a gateway to something new.

Considering the magni scenario with Heart of Azeroth was under AQ, didn't he stab her right into it? She should be dead then.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Does this mean silithus is azeroth's vagina?
    There is still a huge hole in the lore, to be specific, how titans are being born when they are awakened. Do they erupt from the surface of the planet Alien-like style causing huge destruction of the host planet, or they come out through a passage and "opening" in the surface that heals itself after "birth"? We don't know yet.
    So I can imagine how Blizz will retcon this "wound" into the "vagina" in the next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Whelp, i guess all those "her heart is a crater" = Jaina people can finally sod off eh?
    Is there a heart in Silithus? Have old gods filled Azeroth's "heart" because there is a hole in the ground in Silithus? Zero logic.

The "heart is a crater" bit was always most likely about Sylvanas and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    There is still a huge hole in the lore, to be specific, how titans are being born when they are awakened. Do they erupt from the surface of the planet Alien-like style causing huge destruction of the host planet, or they come out through a passage and "opening" in the surface that heals itself after "birth"? We don't know yet.
    So I can imagine how Blizz will retcon this "wound" into the "vagina" in the next expansion.
    They hatch like Pokémon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Considering the magni scenario with Heart of Azeroth was under AQ, didn't he stab her right into it? She should be dead then.
    Did he really stab anybody? From the voice recording it sounds like a drop of Argus' blood dripped onto Azeroth and sort of... melted a hole into the ground. As far as I'm aware, Sargeras is just a cloud of mist in 7.3.5, which is why he wants a physical avatar, and why we have to fight somebody like Argus the Unmaker instead. The hole is a bit sword-shaper, but it might also be the shape of the rift between Argus and Azeroth. So perhaps blood from Argus sort of... splashed through the rift and onto Silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    Is there a heart in Silithus? Have old gods filled Azeroth's "heart" because there is a hole in the ground in Silithus? Zero logic.

The "heart is a crater" bit was always most likely about Sylvanas and no one else.
    The Heart of Azeroth scenario took place under Silithus/AQ.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

So in case you havent read this one yet. I have linked to it before but specifically the bit about blood in dark times is spoop. Maybe this dude really was the Chinese Riddler.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Your-Last-Clue

Deleted
    I know, I'm just saying the wound might not be a stab-wound, so the heart might be physically OK for now. It might still be under assault by the Old Gods though.

I thought it took place in the sholazar basin?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    I thought it took place in the sholazar basin?
    It takes place somewhere. We don't know the exact location.

The map file exists on copypasted area of Silithus, but we were never intended to see outside of the halls, so I wouldn't give much weight to what was found in the inaccessible area outside of the intended scenario. Besides, if the hall really were under Silithus, wouldn't it have made more sense to use a Titan facility in Uldum or Un'goro to access it?

Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post
    Seems like AQ is the only part left lol. Do we know if this is the new definite state of Silithus or if it's just an instance, as the name suggests? I wonder what you can do there, maybe some rare mobs or some other spawns or eventually a gateway to something new.
    It's set up in a way that it will replace Silithus the same way Blizzard replaced the Blasted Lands in WoD. It's basically using tech invented for garrisons to override parts of maps, in this case it'll override Kalimdor. Whether or not it'll be the definitive state from now is hard to say, as it can be turned on/off per player at will but it's unlikely Silithus will easily recover from this.

While technically under AQ, did we ever have lore/story to back that up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    So in case you havent read this one yet. I have linked to it before but specifically the bit about blood in dark times is spoop. Maybe this dude really was the Chinese Riddler.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Your-Last-Clue
    I still think this guy might be legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It's set up in a way that it will replace Silithus the same way Blizzard replaced the Blasted Lands in WoD. It's basically using tech invented for garrisons to override parts of maps, in this case it'll override Kalimdor.
    Wait, it overwrites whole kalimdor or just silithus? If it uses garrison tech then it's different tech than Theramore and Blasted Lands phasing, right?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Wait, it overwrites whole kalimdor or just silithus? If it uses garrison tech then it's different tech than Theramore and Blasted Lands phasing, right?
    It loads all tiles from the Silithus map, then all tiles from the Kalimdor map if the Silithus map does not have a tile in that position. It'll only effectively change the Silithus zone, but transitions between it and Kalimdor should be seamless if they're using it the same way as they did garrisons/Blasted Lands/Theramore (all the same tech in the end).

While technically under AQ, did we ever have lore/story to back that up?
    Short answer, no. We have no idea where the heart chamber is, but given it's access point in Sholazar I'd say it is related to Ulduar and other Northrend facilities. Just much deeper than them.

The map having Silithus on it is just result of development quirk, changed plans or both. If it really were near Silithus, they would have made it clear to us, especially knowing now what happens to the zone.

I still think this guy might be legitimate.
    I do as well, though I will be god damn furious if the Horde gets Ogres and the Alliance gets taller humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Combing through these riddles, one in particular catches my eye:

"Now you travel the sea, then to ascend to the sky."

We choose between blessings of the Sea or Sky during the Argus fight.